Election Day Thread and Poll

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

I was curious about something. How many of you care so much about your candidate that you actually (1) contributed money or (2) actively campaigned for him?

G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I did. I contributed money (enough to get the nifty lapel pin), went to a Palin rally where I bought a couple of shirts and yard signs. On of our yard signs was stolen late last night by the way. But this morning there were a few people on the corner holding McCain/Palin signs and one of them looked like ours...so maybe it was being put to good use.

I also talked to family and friends who were undecided and gave them my opinion. I honestly don't know if it did any good but I tried. I just talked to my Daycare girl this morning who told me she voted for the first time in her life today. I didn't ask who she voted for because knowing the financial sitch she's in right now (not good) I thought she may have gone for Obama. But she told me the opposite and that she strongly felt the need to vote in this election because she did NOT want Obama to win. She is also a Palin fan like myself. In any case, I was happy to hear that she got involved with the election process this year...she's in her early 30's and had never voted before! I find that amazing. Hopefully, this will be the first of many elections she votes in.
Okay, let's try this!

urapnes

Post by urapnes »

contributed time and money to obama. voted this morning.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

I voted for McCain and did not contribute anything to his campaign.
G8RKyle

Post by G8RKyle »

I think my wife gave some money to McCain, so that counts as me too. Our money comes from the same pot.
mommygator

Post by mommygator »

I don't have any freakin money to give to anybody. But at least I have more than I will if :afro: gets elected.

sorry, just couldn't help myself.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Maybe I need to come up with an emoticon that has purple lips.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

:mccain:
:obama:
Weegie

Post by Weegie »

I will vote for Obama because his positions on various issues are closer to my own than McCain's are. Actually, when I take those "who should I vote for" tests, I always come out as someone who should be a member of the Green Party, but I never like their candidates.

I would have to personal contact with a candidate (or know someone I trust who has) to be willing to campaign for him/her. I don't get passionate about politics because I simply vote for the person/party that "matches" me the best, and a lack of passion equals a lack of willingness to do any work for other people. Like mommy, we don't have any extra money to contribute to anyone's campaign at the moment.
"It's been fucksticks as far as the eye could see this morning." --AA
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

I'm surprised #2 is getting a resounding yes in Florida at this point.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
UFGirlluvr

Post by UFGirlluvr »

The Mrs. and I voted for Obama a couple weeks ago. I wanted to contribute money or time but neither happened this time around.
wpfox16

Post by wpfox16 »

I voted Obama and donated a little bit of money to his campaign.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

I think my wife gave some money to McCain, so that counts as me too. Our money comes from the same pot.

Wonder how much of your paper was spent on Sarah Palin's threads. LOL
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

kyle bought some Palin undies
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
degator

Post by degator »

Well I am proud of my vote :mccain: We shall see how this goes. God Bless the USA
A memory lasts forever. Never does it die. True friends stay together. And never say goodbye.
Mlrtime

Post by Mlrtime »

I voted McCain but right now the family is my favorite charity....
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

I thought McCain's speech was an uncommonly gracious and eloquent speech.
Weegie

Post by Weegie »

I've always thought he seemed like a classy guy.
"It's been fucksticks as far as the eye could see this morning." --AA
UFGirlluvr

Post by UFGirlluvr »

Katie and I were thinking the same thing Toothy. That was a great speech. Where was that guy during all of this
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

McCain's speech was basically perfect given the situation, IMO.

*Sigh* It's sad so many people have utterly missed the point. Ah, well. I drink my natural light and look forward to tomorrow. :afro:
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

The good news is that it was closer than expected...and the dems didn't get a supermajority. So the filibuster is still alive. Thankfully.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
AdGator02

Post by AdGator02 »

Where was that guy during all of this

my thought exactly
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

^^^I thought that guy was there the whole time. I guess it's just your perspective.
Okay, let's try this!

bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

My utter disgust for liberalism is cresting as never before. The policies of the New Party and the far left are in such opposition to my own that with this election, liberalism is ot merely an annoyance and money drain on my family, it is the enemy[i].
With Obama and those horrors Pelosi and Reid, the federal government now stands firmly against every major goal and expectation I have for my nation and my family. The failures of the Bush administration are now poised to join an unholy shift to the left that solidify monetary pipelines to the undeserving and fully legitimize anti-western educational values. Add to that the Fairness Doctrine and socialization of key industries, [i]voila
, not one of my values is reflected in Washington.
Star Kings Forever!
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

My utter disgust for liberalism is cresting as never before. The policies of the New Party and the far left are in such opposition to my own that with this election, liberalism is ot merely an annoyance and money drain on my family, it is the enemy[i].
With Obama and those horrors Pelosi and Reid, the federal government now stands firmly against every major goal and expectation I have for my nation and my family. The failures of the Bush administration are now poised to join an unholy shift to the left that solidify monetary pipelines to the undeserving and fully legitimize anti-western educational values. Add to that the Fairness Doctrine and socialization of key industries, [i]voila
, not one of my values is reflected in Washington.

You're preaching to the choir, BGG. Preaching to the choir. Absolutely nothing worthwhile will come of this administration. And it pains me greatly to say that Bush enabled it completely. He is just as much to blame for this as anything else.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.