stealing of campaign signs............SHOCKING NEWS

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
radbag

Post by radbag »

i would've turned the shock up to like a 10....not because it was a mccain sign...just because it's a form of vandalism....this story actually reminded me of that restauranteur in michigan who was offering free food to anyone who brought in a mccain/palin sign...she insists that it was a promotion devised to get credit for the worthless signs since mccain had pulled out of the state....it was not her intent to have patrons steal them from others properties....she's voting obama btw.

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The presidential campaign has electrified the nation, and one Chapel Hill boy literally got jolted by it.

The 9-year-old boy got a shock Monday from a campaign sign that a neighbor had hooked up to the power source for an electric pet fence.

The neighbor, Shawn Turschak, said he was tired of people stealing McCain-Palin campaign signs from his yard, so he rigged two signs up as booby traps.

"I was just furious," he said.

His neighbor, Marion Houser, said she's also had a McCain-Palin sign stolen from her yard.

"You have to clearly walk up the driveway to have gotten the sign," Houser said.

Turschak, who has a degree in electrical engineering, said the current that ran through his electrified signs was so low it wouldn't hurt someone, but he also put yellow warning signs up.

"Obviously, we are not looking to hurt anyone. We simply want our signs to say put," he said. "(The warning sign) just reminds you that you are touching somebody else's property that you shouldn't be."

He mounted a surveillance camera in a nearby tree and captured video of the 9-year-old getting shocked by one sign. The boy was carrying a sign for Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama at the time.

"It is obvious from the video that he was coming to remove my sign and replace it with his," Turschak said.

The boy's father, Andrew Noble, upset that his son had been shocked, showed up at Turschak's door. Soon, an Orange County deputy also showed up at Turschak's home.

Noble said his son just wanted to see how the sign was put together.

Orange County Sheriff Lindy Pendergrass said he doesn't plan to file charges.

The boy's mother said her son knows better than to remove a campaign sign, but she said Turschak's decision to electrify the signs was a bit extreme.

Turschak turned off the electrical system, but he caught another neighbor on camera Wednesday afternoon stealing his signs.

Some neighbors suggested the area where Turschak posted the sign belongs to the subdivision. He maintained it was his property and said people should respect his right to express his opinion even if they don't agree with his views.

"I could ride around Chapel Hill with a dump truck and in two hours fill it up with Obama signs," he said. "I choose not to do that."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBcasl2b0Ug
Weegie

Post by Weegie »

If my son chose to steal someone's property, I would not be concerned that he was shocked by a low voltage fence. Next time, maybe he'll think twice.
"It's been fucksticks as far as the eye could see this morning." --AA
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Laughable. I've been dropped to the ground multiple times by electric fences. They were high voltage, designed to withstand 1000+ pound cattle. The kid in the video barely jumped when he got the shock....agree with rad, need to ramp up the voltage. Leave the amps where they are and no damage will be done anyway.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Fucking fantastic.

Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Yep. Thats Chapel Hill for you. The place fucking stinks.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
wpfox16

Post by wpfox16 »

I just don't understand why anyone would steal a sign, anyway. Who cares? My neighbor has a McCain Palin sign on his yard... He's my buddy... I respect his opinion, I just disagree. Why the hell are people so damn petty?
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

It's a decent small-time juvenile joke. Not much more.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
the first time it happened, yeah. The fifth time it happens you get pissed.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
Weegie

Post by Weegie »

I didn't even let my realtor keep her sign in my yard after I closed on the house. Don't like signs cluttering the yard. I think BG and his ex had to come to an agreement not to have any political signs at all, as she and he were on opposite ends of the political spectrum.
"It's been fucksticks as far as the eye could see this morning." --AA
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Wish I'd of thought of this - I have had 2 Obama/Biden signs stolen from my yard.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
radbag

Post by radbag »

Wish I'd of thought of this - I have had 2 Obama/Biden signs stolen from my yard.
put it on the room slider...seriously...aint no way they're taking it if it's on your roof...put 4 of em up there in case some blow down from the wind.
G8RKyle

Post by G8RKyle »

Yeah, if I ever catch Jack stealing someone's property he's going to do their yard work for a year, and that's after the butt whoopin'
I'm going to give him.