I just voted!!!

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
G8rMom7

I just voted!!!

Post by G8rMom7 »

I knew I would have to have Nate with me on the 4th if I were to wait till then and I didn't want to take the chance of having to wait in line with him...so I told Bill I wanted to drive down to one of the early voting locations and see if it was crowded. It was, but not too bad. Actually it wouldn't have been long at all if both their printers were working...one had just broken when I got there...of course.

With early voting they print out the specific ballot for your district which is why they just don't hand out ballots. I assume on the 4th if you go to your normal polling place they just hand them out to you and don't have to rely on the printers?

Anyway, I love to vote...it makes me feel so patriotic!
Okay, let's try this!

AdGator02

I just voted!!!

Post by AdGator02 »

congrats! I'll probably just end up waiting in line on the 4th. At least the polling place is close to my house.
radbag

I just voted!!!

Post by radbag »

you are a fine american!
Mlrtime

I just voted!!!

Post by Mlrtime »

I voted last Tuesday. The whole process took about 45 minutes. Nov 4th is going to be a real bitch Addy. You might want to consider voting before then.
DocZaius

I just voted!!!

Post by DocZaius »

I curse you, Florida folks with your early voting and swing-state status.

My vote doesn't count up here in Maryland, so I'm trying to think of a comedy option. What say you? Should I vote for Cynthia McKinney?
TheTodd

I just voted!!!

Post by TheTodd »

I mailed me in absentee ballot two weeks ago. I could easily be out of town that first week of November.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
TTBHG

I just voted!!!

Post by TTBHG »

My vote doesn't count up here in Maryland, so I'm trying to think of a comedy option. What say you? Should I vote for Cynthia McKinney?

Why doesn't your vote count?

Have you already changed your residency to Florida or is it because you're a Republican and Maryland will be carried by Obama easily?
I am the law, bitches!
Mlrtime

I just voted!!!

Post by Mlrtime »

Cynthia McKinney?????? Oh Hell NO! Doc!
DocZaius

I just voted!!!

Post by DocZaius »

Why doesn't your vote count?

Have you already changed your residency to Florida or is it because you're a Republican and Maryland will be carried by Obama easily?

My vote doesn't "count" because Maryland is heavy with Democrats. No matter which way I vote, Maryland will go to Obama, my Congresscritter will remain Chris van Hollen (D-ouchebag) and my Senators (Babs Mikulski and Ben Cardin) aren't up for reelection.

The only thing my vote will count for is whether or not Maryland will legalize slot machines and that's an issue I don't care about at all.
urapnes

I just voted!!!

Post by urapnes »

i only wish i had faith my vote will count this time around.
slideman67

I just voted!!!

Post by slideman67 »

If it makes you feel any better, my vote for President won't count here in Texas. But my vote will count on the state and local races.

So consider your McCain voted being cancelled out by my Obama vote.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
TTBHG

I just voted!!!

Post by TTBHG »

My vote in Florida will win the race for Obama. You're welcome Mr. Obama.
I am the law, bitches!
mommygator

I just voted!!!

Post by mommygator »

Urap, those of us in sunny fla haven't been terribly sure our votes counted for a number of years now.
UFGirlluvr

I just voted!!!

Post by UFGirlluvr »

We voted today.
G8rMom7

I just voted!!!

Post by G8rMom7 »

Urap, I think because we are a swing state and because the state is made up of people from all over the country, I really think our votes DO count. Of course, I'm sure you are referring to the wonderful job our voting officials have done over the past 8-12 years...but I just have faith my one vote is one of the ones that got in. I never had the type of ballot with the chads, so I got that going for me.

In any case, I wonder if all the states that are fully blue or red, that sometimes people like doc will just not go and vote figuring there is no point or because they know their candidate is going to win it anyway...get out there and vote anyway...you never know!
Okay, let's try this!

Weegie

I just voted!!!

Post by Weegie »

When I plan to vote Democrat, my vote doesn't help the Democratic candidate because Tennessee is a strongly Republican state.
"It's been fucksticks as far as the eye could see this morning." --AA
urapnes

I just voted!!!

Post by urapnes »

oh i'll vote, there isn't anything that can keep me away from my civic duty.
Weegie

I just voted!!!

Post by Weegie »

I love voting. I like getting the sticker. I've never really had to wait in line. The whole experience is pleasant.
Tipmoose

I just voted!!!

Post by Tipmoose »

I voted early last week. The entire process took about 20 min including the walk from work to the polling place just up the road.

It did, however, cement my conviction that minimum literacy and civics competency should be required for voting. But what the hell...if any idiot can breed, they might as well be allowed to vote too.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
annarborgator

I just voted!!!

Post by annarborgator »

I'll be mailing my absentee ballot next week after I have the chance to research the local candidates.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
Toothy

I just voted!!!

Post by Toothy »

It ain't right.
slideman67

I just voted!!!

Post by slideman67 »

I love voting. I like getting the sticker. I've never really had to wait in line. The whole experience is pleasant.

You know, I actually don't mind waiting in a line to vote. It makes me feel good that there are so many people doing their civic duty.

Let me tell you, it has been weird in Texas. For the last few elections, its like we are living in a whole other country. I guess that's good in that we don't see the ads.....
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
newsgator

I just voted!!!

Post by newsgator »

It's all about the sticker

Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
G8rMom7

I just voted!!!

Post by G8rMom7 »

Funny...I didn't get a sticker...when I got home Bill asked where it was and I told him I didn't get one. He said he didn't believe I voted and accused me of having an affair. :lol:
Okay, let's try this!

Weegie

I just voted!!!

Post by Weegie »

No sticker?! That's a travesty!