GC news

Speaking of anal sex, where's vanders?
TheTodd

GC news

Post by TheTodd »

Hollywood Bob is apparently no longer associated with GC. Hater, don't you know HB? What's the scoop here? This really takes away from whatever good insight that GC has had with recruiting.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
Weegie

GC news

Post by Weegie »

That seems weird to me. I thought BG said he'd been a part of BG for quite a while.
"It's been fucksticks as far as the eye could see this morning." --AA
IHateUGAlyDawgs

GC news

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Yeah, he was the reason to pay attention to GC. Both for recruiting and for actual team insights. Recruiting info will still be OK...just not inside info and Franz will think we're getting EVERY recruit.

I just woke up and saw this, I'll see if I can get ahold of him. I haven't talked to him but once or twice since the major blowup some of us had with GC, so I'm not sure if he'll talk to me or not, but we'll see.

IHateUGAlyDawgs

GC news

I left him a voice mail. If he responds, I'll let y'all know.

IHateUGAlyDawgs

GC news

Bob just called me back:

He was fired.

It was disputes with Ray that led to his dismissal. From what I can gather, Ray let his personal feelings cloud his business judgment.

He is looking for employment elsewhere and will let me know where he ends up. This will be a big blow to GC. Bob is likely to have a lot of people follow him, including bass, EH, NYGator, et al. I know the personal friends I have on the board will leave to wherever he ends up.

G8rMom7

GC news

Post by G8rMom7 »

That is going to hurt GC bigtime! I doubt Bill will renew with them if he isn't there...his Private Screenings were the main reason we joined in the first place.
Okay, let's try this!

RickySlade

GC news

Post by RickySlade »

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
(Tipping a waitress) Here's fifty bucks; take this in case I get drunk and call you a bitch later.
TheTodd

GC news

Post by TheTodd »

GC=

[img]http://edgcm.columbia.edu/~mankoff/PACE/tub.jpg[/img]
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
urapnes

GC news

Post by urapnes »

i'll probably follow wherever he goes. GC has gotten pretty warchantish since the move. (not bad info, but posters that are obnoxious sonsofbitches)
IHateUGAlyDawgs

GC news

concur wholeheartedly, urap.

RickySlade

GC news

Post by RickySlade »

Bob is likely to have a lot of people follow him, including bass, EH, NYGator, et al. I know the personal friends I have on the board will leave to wherever he ends up.

EH and bass, who aren't regular contributors (hell, they don't contribute at all) to GB's Alligator Alley, both voiced their approval of the addition of HBob on a lengthy thread in the Alley about Bob's split from GC. The thread has since been axed without any explanation, which leads me to believe that the two sides are discussing the possibility of Bob joining the GB staff. Mark Wheeler isn't the type to just delete a thread and act as if nothing happened (unlike the folks at GC). He normally discusses the issue and leaves the thread open...at the very most, he might address the issue and lock the thread, leaving it up for everyone to see. I hope they're able to work out their past issues and make something happen. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
(Tipping a waitress) Here's fifty bucks; take this in case I get drunk and call you a bitch later.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

GC news

Bob is likely to have a lot of people follow him, including bass, EH, NYGator, et al. I know the personal friends I have on the board will leave to wherever he ends up.

EH and bass, who aren't regular contributors (hell, they don't contribute at all) to GB's Alligator Alley, both voiced their approval of the addition of HBob on a lengthy thread in the Alley about Bob's split from GC. The thread has since been axed without any explanation, which leads me to believe that the two sides are discussing the possibility of Bob joining the GB staff. Mark Wheeler isn't the type to just delete a thread and act as if nothing happened (unlike the folks at GC). He normally discusses the issue and leaves the thread open...at the very most, he might address the issue and lock the thread, leaving it up for everyone to see. I hope they're able to work out their past issues and make something happen. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]

would work for me, since I already have a subscription at GB. If Bob goes to Rivals, GC will take a tremendous hit.

Stock Down.

G8RKyle

GC news

Post by G8RKyle »

This sucks. Bob was one of the main reasons I paid for an insider membership at GC. I don't think I will renew next year.
I'd hate to go to another website like GatorBait. I have too many websites to keep up with now as it is.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

GC news

I'm waiting to see where Bob ends up.

I think the best move GatorBait could make would be to hire him. I have my free subscription to GC through December. My guess is the site will be pure crap by then. I pay for GatorBait because...well...I don't know why. If they get Bob I'll keep that subscription and dump GC. They're going to lose EH, NYGator and a few others too when Bob lands on his feet. It's going to be bad for GC.

urapnes

GC news

Post by urapnes »

i found myself scratching my head about their business dealings, just burning a whole bunch of bridges and then talking down about people.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

GC news

yeah. To be honest, I've lost a lot of respect for Ray and GC over the last year or so (and that doesn't include the rift from the Pub and OBP) - things have definitely gone downhill there recently.

I used to recommend their site to everyone, now I never do.

G8rMom7

GC news

Post by G8rMom7 »

Bump

I wanted to bump this up for Rad...did you know about this Manny? I was thinking about this today when I was on the Pub reading the thread about Gustav (the hurricane) and Shane chimed in with a comment about how it shouldn't get political in the Pub. I wonder if Shane is trying to get HB's old spot...isn't that what he wanted to do Rad?
Okay, let's try this!

radbag

GC news

Post by radbag »

Bump

I wanted to bump this up for Rad...did you know about this Manny? I was thinking about this today when I was on the Pub reading the thread about Gustav (the hurricane) and Shane chimed in with a comment about how it shouldn't get political in the Pub. I wonder if Shane is trying to get HB's old spot...isn't that what he wanted to do Rad?

hmmmm

shane definitely had something to do with this...he's a fuckin backstabber.

great memory al...betcha a 'ghost writer' gets announced soon...no liability to shane if he fails...if the ghost writer is successful, it'll be revealed...who wants action on this?
urapnes

GC news

Post by urapnes »

my question is...what new information does shane have to offer?
RickySlade

GC news

Post by RickySlade »

Someone on another site said GC has already brought a few new people into the fold. I doubt Shane gets Bob's old job. He definitely doesn't have anything to offer as far as recruiting goes. What else did Bob do...give an in-depth analysis of both sides of the football during spring/fall practice and after the games? Shane lacks Bob's football background and connection to the program, so he's probably out on that as well.
radbag

GC news

Post by radbag »

my question is...what new information does shane have to offer?

as i remembered it, he would offer a perspective of a fan who is local and not too far removed from the lifestyle of a gator student...he would use his 'journalistic skills' to provide a commentary never yet seen on GC...........................................lol
RickySlade

GC news

Post by RickySlade »

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/laughing6.gif[/img]
radbag

GC news

Post by radbag »

laughing6

seriously slader...this guy was/is an egotistical lunatic...probably the worse thing to ever happen to GC...i endorsed him as a mod so i'm glad i had a hand in GCs demise.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

GC news

shane did not have anything to do with this.

It was 45% Bob, 45% Ray, 10% Buddy Martin

wpfox16

GC news

Post by wpfox16 »

shane did not have anything to do with this.

It was 45% Bob, 45% Ray, 10% Buddy Martin

Well what's the story, morning glory?