Opening Day for Baseball

Fuckbeans.
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

Yanks and Jays at 1pm. I hate being in the office. I should have taken the day off and flown to NYC for the game. Here's to the start of taking Rad's money.

Good luck to all of the baseball fans respective teams in the BA, sans Josh. He ain't gotta prayer.
I am the law, bitches!
Toothy

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Toothy »

Just sitting here wondering when I'm gonna get downtown to see the FIRST-PLACE WASHINGTON NATIONALS.
UFGirlluvr

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by UFGirlluvr »

Here is to another year of my Red's living in the cellar of the shitty NL central. Maybe my backup team, Detroit, will do something this year. Every year my brother and I are so optimistic in April and by June the baseball season is effectively done for us.
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

Just sitting here wondering when I'm gonna get downtown to see the FIRST-PLACE WASHINGTON NATIONALS.

I watched the last 3 innings of the Nats game last night. The Walk-off HR was special as it was the first game in that new stadium. Good for them.
I am the law, bitches!
a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

If they keep that pitcher who threw the first pitch for them last night, they're toast. Did you see how high over the strike zone that thing was? Whole crowd was laughing at him.
Toothy

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Toothy »

TT, I do the GameDay Audio subscription every year so that I can listen to games live via streaming audio. I'm a radio guy -- I love listening to baseball, love it far more than sitting down and watching it on TV. You ever tried it?
Toothy

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Toothy »

If they keep that pitcher who threw the first pitch for them last night, they're toast. Did you see how high over the strike zone that thing was? Whole crowd was laughing at him.

You talking about Odalis or the Texan?
Mlrtime

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Mlrtime »

Always hate it when my Braves lose one, but for the 1st game ever in the new ballpark I can deal.
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

TT, I do the GameDay Audio subscription every year so that I can listen to games live via streaming audio. I'm a radio guy -- I love listening to baseball, love it far more than sitting down and watching it on TV. You ever tried it?

I do listen to some games on radio. Phil Rizzuto was fanatastic as the voice of the Yankees. Some of the great voices that I actually have listened to are Vin Scully, Bob Eucker, Harry Caray and probably my favorite all-time was Ernie Harwell. He was a magician describing the action. When you listen to Ernie, it is like the two of you are sitting there together and he is telling you a story.
I am the law, bitches!
apexgator

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by apexgator »

I saw that they yanked him after one pitch.
Mlrtime

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Mlrtime »

I'll watch the game but with the volume down and the radio on so I can listen to the Braves radio announcers. The Nationals have a good radio personality in the booth, I believe in Don Sutton!
a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

You talking about Odalis or the Texan?

The Texan. Terrible mechanics on that one.
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

who's tied for 1st in the HR fantasy league thanks to mr zimmerman
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

yanks could be rained out btw
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

I do listen to some games on radio. Phil Rizzuto was fanatastic as the voice of the Yankees. Some of the great voices that I actually have listened to are Vin Scully, Bob Eucker, Harry Caray and probably my favorite all-time was Ernie Harwell. He was a magician describing the action. When you listen to Ernie, it is like the two of you are sitting there together and he is telling you a story.

dude those radio screwballs for the Yanks now grate on my ears...absolutely awful. Someone ought to take that woman out back and shoot her...put her out of her misery and me out of mine.

radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

susan waldman is a dyke
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

dude those radio screwballs for the Yanks now grate on my ears...absolutely awful. Someone ought to take that woman out back and shoot her...put her out of her misery and me out of mine.

She is a fucking shill. I hate her. Notice I said Phil Rizzuto. I never once said that the current Yankees broadcasters were good. Although I like Michael whateverhisnameis.
I am the law, bitches!
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

Rad, how is the weather? Are they going to get the game in?
I am the law, bitches!
UFGirlluvr

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by UFGirlluvr »

Gettin bonus coverage on ESPN right now of the Tigers-Royals because the shitty Yank's are getting rained out. Verlander is looking pretty good for the Tigers so far.
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

Rad, how is the weather? Are they going to get the game in?

steady mist but it's layered and heavy....not a light mist.
Mlrtime

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Mlrtime »

The Braves opened in DC last night for the Washington Home Opener and then flew home for a 3 games series with the Pie-rats, opening tonight. Last year the Nationals came here for a one game series with the Braves and then the Braves flew out to somewhere. I don't understand for the life of me wtf the league is thinking with a one game series and then flying home or flying out for a 3 games series...
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

The Braves opened in DC last night for the Washington Home Opener and then flew home for a 3 games series with the Pie-rats, opening tonight. Last year the Nationals came here for a one game series with the Braves and then the Braves flew out to somewhere. I don't understand for the life of me wtf the league is thinking with a one game series and then flying home or flying out for a 3 games series...

at least it's the pirates and not someone good.

Toothy

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Toothy »

It's money.
Mlrtime

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Mlrtime »

^
Probably T
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

braves _uck!