Pman wants a laptop

You got a problem? Tell us.
degator

Pman wants a laptop

Post by degator »

He wants one that can be dropped, I don't know one he has seen on tv. What is the best lap top for the bucks. I am willing to spend under 2 thou. I also want one that he can use for a while.
A memory lasts forever. Never does it die. True friends stay together. And never say goodbye.
radbag

Pman wants a laptop

Post by radbag »

can't go wrong with the macbook tek. i just got one about a month ago....apple is the way to go.
radbag

Pman wants a laptop

Post by radbag »

there's no price differential either tek so you've got piece of mind that you can't get the product cheaper elsewhere...apple demands that of their distributors.

base macbook = 1099 i think...suits my purposes
TheTodd

Pman wants a laptop

Post by TheTodd »

I don't know what shock protection the Apples have so you might want to look into that. I know my Lenovo has very good shock protection. I've had it fall off a table and the HD was still good. Now, the shell is a little cracked but unless you get one made of metal that weighs 15 lbs you'll have to deal with that.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

Pman wants a laptop

Post by radbag »

why does he want something that can be dropped?

how bout buying something good and being careful with it?
DocZaius

Pman wants a laptop

Post by DocZaius »

The Panasonic Toughbook (TM) was made to take serious abuse. I have no idea what they cost or how good they are.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Pman wants a laptop

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Apple, IMO, unless you're going to do a lot of photshop/image editing is no better than a Microsoft based laptop - at that point it becomes a matter of personal preference.

degator

Pman wants a laptop

Post by degator »

Thanks, we will go looking the next couple of weeks. I will get you stamp of approval before I buy.
A memory lasts forever. Never does it die. True friends stay together. And never say goodbye.