Investing Board

Chat about investing, the financial markets and participate in the Back Alley Bulls and Bears game...
TheTodd

Investing Board

Post by TheTodd »

What does everyone think about an investing board where we can discuss and teach/learn about investing in the stock market and other markets? I know we have a bunch of very knowledgeable folks here when it comes to investing. Obviously this would be for personal knowledge and no one can get pissed off if a recommended stock tanks. I'd be interested in what other though as I am wanting to start investing some money outside of my already saving in my 401K.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
apexgator

Investing Board

Post by apexgator »

I'd be up for it
G8rMom7

Investing Board

Post by G8rMom7 »

I might read but don't take any of my advice as I suck.
Okay, let's try this!

radbag

Investing Board

Post by radbag »

i wonder if there's a 'play-site' out there like 'the hollywood stock exchange' where we can compete...just us ya know...
TheTodd

Investing Board

Post by TheTodd »

Not looking to compete...just looking for pointers on what people look for in a company and stuff like that. A place where we could discuss investments we like and scrutinize them.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
MinGator

Investing Board

Post by MinGator »

i think that is a cool idea.

i also like the idea of a dummy exchange where we can test our skills without real money.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
radbag

Investing Board

Post by radbag »

i know one thing....with all these babies and weddings here at the BA, i'm investing in UPS and DHL
MinGator

Investing Board

Post by MinGator »

and babies 'r' us
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Investing Board

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

I like the idea.

UFgirlfan07

Investing Board

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

I think it's a great idea. I could definitely use the advice, because I have no idea how that stuff works.
radbag

Investing Board

Post by radbag »

I think it's a great idea. I could definitely use the advice, because I have no idea how that stuff works.

i've got news for you kate...MARKET PARTICIPANTS don't have an idea how stuff works either!
GoneFishinGator

Investing Board

Post by GoneFishinGator »

Most of ya'll are into movies and stuff...check out this site that mixes movies and stocks....[url]http://www.hsx.com[/url]
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

a1bion

Investing Board

Post by a1bion »

i wonder if there's a 'play-site' out there like 'the hollywood stock exchange' where we can compete...just us ya know...

Investopedia.com lets you set up accounts and paper trade. I think you can also start private groups.
radbag

Investing Board

Post by radbag »

Investopedia.com lets you set up accounts and paper trade. I think you can also start private groups.

set it up dawg.
MinGator

Investing Board

Post by MinGator »

yeah, dawg, i'm feelin ya....set it up, yo.
a1bion

Investing Board

Post by a1bion »

I'll set it up tonight. Looks like they're having some technical issues on their site right now and it's not letting me set it up.

Once I get it set up, I'll post the link and password so everyone who wants to play can create their usernames and join our private group this weekend and place their trades for Monday's open.
Welshgator

Investing Board

Post by Welshgator »

Funny, I was thinking of this same idea yesterday. I'd like to get some better ideas on when to sell or hold funds and stocks. With the dollar weakening I have to say the stock market scares the crap out of me.
TheTodd

Investing Board

Post by TheTodd »

When everyone is scared and getting out of the market, I would think that would be a good time to get in. Once things hit bottom that is. Where is the bottom though?
Welshgator

Investing Board

Post by Welshgator »

When everyone is scared and getting out of the market, I would think that would be a good time to get in. Once things hit bottom that is. Where is the bottom though?

Rather than getting out of the market altogether wouldn't it be better to invest in a sector that might do well with rising inflation and a weakening dollar. Maybe precious metal funds or similar?
MinGator

Investing Board

Post by MinGator »

gold's already through the roof. wonder how high it will end up going?
Tipmoose

Investing Board

Post by Tipmoose »

Id be interested. Just for kicks.

I gave up on managing my own investments earlier this year. I just don't have the stomach for it. Now I pay some dude to do it for me and lose much less sleep.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
a1bion

Investing Board

Post by a1bion »

The competition is up. Check the announcement at the top of the page.
slideman67

Investing Board

Post by slideman67 »

Very good idea. I am very interested. Especially if anyone knows how to work with stock options.

I think I am pretty well set though. The money from the Nigerian Oil Minister should be coming into my bank account any day now..... [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_smile.gif[/img]
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
a1bion

Investing Board

Post by a1bion »

[quote]Very good idea. I am very interested. Especially if anyone knows how to work with stock options.

I think I am pretty well set though. The money from the Nigerian Oil Minister should be coming into my bank account any day now..... :)
DocZaius

Investing Board

Post by DocZaius »

If'n you folks want to start a forum here about this stuff, feel free.