A question on goals...

Speaking of anal sex, where's vanders?
Tipmoose

A question on goals...

Post by Tipmoose »

This is an interesting question that I don't know if y'all have discussed before. I might have missed it. What are our goals regarding The Pub? Do we have any?

Thinking long term what would we like to get out of The Pub if anything? Do we all want to be reinstated there? Do we want to humiliate the admins of the place? Those are going to be difficult to accomplish together. Do we want to try and eventually place one of our number as a mod over there?

The reason Im asking is because goals drive our strategy on how we use the tools we've got. That includes our contacts inside The Pub and our pics/info gleaned from sources outside it. (Facebook etc).
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
radbag

A question on goals...

Post by radbag »

i have an opinion but don't want to be the first...
a1bion

A question on goals...

Post by a1bion »

I think our goals are usually pretty fluid with those guys. This has been going for awhile. We got them all paranoid last year by making it on to the boards using fake names--I was on the road for work and set up multiple accounts with IP addresses out of Ohio to get past any immediate scrutiny. rad and I then started posting away and got the place all riled up for a day or two. Then they banned those usernames.

Then there was the TCU Scout site stunt. And the Florida Scout site stunt.

Then we got them to let us back in, only to get hit with the latest round of bans (I still want an explanation on mine).

And I'll be back on the road again in a few weeks, so I'll be setting up accounts from Orlando.
AdGator02

A question on goals...

Post by AdGator02 »

i don't have any goals for the pub. it used to be a fun place. i met some cool people there. i'm here now. the end.

i don't look at the place aside from when a link is posted here.

ps i have zero desire to be there. i haven't been banned (that i know of) and don't post or lurk, etc.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

A question on goals...

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

I don't know that I have any goals over there other than to snipe the occasional good poster who could contribute over there...a1, when you're on the road, let me know and I might have you make a few aliases for me.

Other goals for me basically include laughing at them as we piss them off.

radbag

A question on goals...

Post by radbag »

growl believes it is our goal to destroy that place. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lmao.gif[/img]
Tipmoose

A question on goals...

Post by Tipmoose »

Im really confused about Growl's position in all this. He thinks we want to destroy the place, and yet he allows you to stay there...and he keeps letting BA members back in. He IMs with you too...this kind of behavior just doesn't seem to make sense.

If I thought someone were out to destroy something I cared about I would have pulled out all the stops, legal and otherwise to prevent it.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
Toothy

A question on goals...

Post by Toothy »

We don't need no stinking goals.
annarborgator

A question on goals...

Post by annarborgator »

AA has his sights set on supermod status. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/ninja.gif[/img]
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
TheTodd

A question on goals...

Post by TheTodd »

My goal is to stay out of it as much as possible.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

A question on goals...

Post by radbag »

Im really confused about Growl's position in all this. He thinks we want to destroy the place, and yet he allows you to stay there...and he keeps letting BA members back in. He IMs with you too...this kind of behavior just doesn't seem to make sense.

If I thought someone were out to destroy something I cared about I would have pulled out all the stops, legal and otherwise to prevent it.

growl is a very lonely, very ill individual....don't let these facts underestimate him though...i've personally seen him on a computer for 8 straight hours, overnight, try to access someones login and passwords....just randomly try and put passwords together...gators1, gators2, gators3, ufgators1, ufgators2, etc...SICK, SICK individual...the man will go at great lengths to try and hack accounts...IDENTITY THEFT??? tell me about it...this guy is obsessed with that shit...was...maybe still is. i've seen him post whore in private forums overnight for post count purposes...crazy shit.

i think growl's approach with me is to keep me in front of him as opposed to behind him...he feels better seeing me than not seeing me if that makes sense...he's banking on me fucking up and giving him an advantage....aint gonna happen though...he thinks i'm gonna give up stuff either because i'm sympathetic to him as a human being or i'm just plain stupid...aint gonna happen...he's tried to get me to roll on the BP...never happened...he's never asked me about the BA but he knows we're flourishing and he knows how cohesive a community we are...he's happy for us...he's said that he's missed that type of community...

i think my approach towards growl is to be as gentleman-like as possible...gives him an opportunity to have an opinion on what is really going on as opposed to him having to rely on his staff...his staff's judgment is so clouded and affected by their agendas that they're failing...i think he's getting that feeling....most of the time i'm spinning stuff around making exposing his weak links...it's a wonderful waltz...
G8rMom7

A question on goals...

Post by G8rMom7 »

For me...my goal is to make sure my husband's Insider account is always protected...I will not do anything so aggrevating to cause anyone to cancel his membership out of punishment for me. Not to mention, in case you haven't figured this out...I'm not much of a trouble-maker at heart.

For me, if its a topic I'm interested in, I post. If not, I don't. Its as simple as that for me. I don't need the ignore function...I don't click on posts by certain posters and I do click on all the posts of other posters.

(Weg, I ALWAYS click on your posts... [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif[/img])

And IMO Growl is like those older folks who live in Second Life...they aren't real happy with their real life and love being someone else online. That in my mind, is who he is.
Okay, let's try this!

apexgator

A question on goals...

Post by apexgator »

Then we got them to let us back in, only to get hit with the latest round of bans (I still want an explanation on mine).

And I'll be back on the road again in a few weeks, so I'll be setting up accounts from Orlando.

I'd still like an explanation on mine as well. When in Orlando set me up an account too.

Rad, I think you nailed it about growl. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
TTBHG

A question on goals...

Post by TTBHG »

I'd still like an explanation on mine as well[/size]. When in Orlando set me up an account too.

Rad, I think you nailed it about growl. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

:yeahdat
I am the law, bitches!
apexgator

A question on goals...

Post by apexgator »

So they basically banned everybody that was a threat to them without warning or notice? And in the public eye proclaim that all were warned / notified etc.?
radbag

A question on goals...

Post by radbag »

So they basically banned everybody that was a threat to them without warning or notice? And in the public eye proclaim that all were warned / notified etc.?

yep - cause in the end, anyone questions it is told "we protect all of you .... how dare you question what we do for you...you realize how on guard we are for you...you don't see half of the nonsense a1 is responsible fore cause we DELETE it before you read it...it means we're doing our jobs...HOW DARE YOU QUESTION..."

shit like that....they bait and lure...the trick is to acknowledge it as a trap and laugh on...sorta like road runner used to do to wiley coyote, super genius...sickrick is trying so hard now to get us to flame...it aint happenin.
TTBHG

A question on goals...

Post by TTBHG »

I can promise you that I was never once warned. I never even got into a pissing match with them. The reason I was banned was because they banned Hater and I took his ban notice and made it my sig on GC as a joke. Hence my, shouldn't have done that ban with no warning, no bad posts, no nothing.

I was banned because they finally realized I was in the BA, nothing more, nothing less.
I am the law, bitches!
radbag

A question on goals...

Post by radbag »

how bout emailing the old codger and get back in?
TTBHG

A question on goals...

Post by TTBHG »

Fuck him. I will never and I mean never ask to be let back in.
I am the law, bitches!
apexgator

A question on goals...

Post by apexgator »

Fuck him. I will never and I mean never BEG to be let back in.

Werd
Mlrtime

A question on goals...

Post by Mlrtime »

i don't have any goals for the pub. it used to be a fun place. i met some cool people there. i'm here now. the end.

i don't look at the place aside from when a link is posted here.

Addy pretty well sums it up for me too
G8RKyle

A question on goals...

Post by G8RKyle »

I don't have any goals either, other than not to get banned and lose my insider status.
radbag

A question on goals...

Post by radbag »

my goal has always been never to judge anyone else's goals about the pub...i've never encouraged leaving there, i've never encouraged defending my situation, i've never discouraged participation there...

yes - i've communicated my experiences and they're well documented...but i'd never judge anyones actions here....everyones got their sitch.

i'd say my goals for the pub is to cherry pick the best of the best there in an effort to continue to provide us diversity, contribution, and additional camaraderie....i'd be lying if i told you that i wasn't axed to destroy the mods/admins there...i'm not interested in destroying the pub though....i just want to keep a presence in there so i'd be able to monitor prospects and evaluate interesting posters.
apexgator

A question on goals...

Post by apexgator »

Rad, I think that sums it up for most, keep an occaisional presence, contribute on a thread of interest when they pop up and have a little fun at the expense of some asshole every now and then.
G8RKyle

A question on goals...

Post by G8RKyle »

Rad, I think that sums it up for most, keep an occaisional presence, contribute on a thread of interest when they pop up and have a little fun at the expense of some asshole every now and then.

amen!