Baritubabone AKA Cody Ray

Speaking of anal sex, where's vanders?
radbag

Post by radbag »

Oh and...Buchholz Class of 2000 and UF Class of 2010? Also very interesting. Wonder what happened in there? I could see this douchebag being born out of some crazy shit that happened in his life.

you're killing me wes...what are you saying here? the gap?
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Yea, the gap. And about the email, I just find it strange for a supposed UF student with planned graduation in 2010 to not be listed in the campus-wide personal directory. I suppose you can make the choice to have your email unlisted, but taking that effort means you have some complex the average person doesn't have.

Oh and...

DULLSVILLE – That's what this place felt like Friday, with the empty seats in the New Orleans Arena outnumbering live bodies until …

Boomp-boomp-boomp.

Boomp-boomp-boomp.

The walls vibrated inside the cinderblock interview room while Purdue coach Matt Painter joylessly discussed Purdue's victory over Arizona. Someone asked the three Purdue players on the dais if it would be an honor to play Florida.

"Well," one said, "they've still got to play Jackson State."

And no one laughed, perhaps because of the disconcerting, boomp-boomp-boomp, and the faint roar emanating from the once-lifeless arena. As one NCAA official later explained after hustling toward the sounds, "I knew either Florida was winning big or something crazy was happening."

It was something crazy all right. Funky crazy. Ear-splitting crazy.

The Jackson State band and basketball team were playing their guts out.

Almost six minutes into the game, Jackson State led Florida 13-8. With 6½ minutes left in the first half, the 16th-seeded Tigers still led 26-25. Boomp-boomp-boomp.

OK, so when the final buzzer sounded, it was Florida 112, Jackson State 69. But if you only saw the score, you missed the fun. And if you only cared about the score, you missed the point.

This was David vs. Goliath – after taking away David's slingshot and tying both of his hands behind his back. This was Jackson State, a No. 16 seed that has never won a game in the NCAA tournament, against Florida, the No. 1 overall seed with a roster full of NBA prospects. But in addition to the nation's second-leading scorer, Jackson State had a not-so-secret weapon – its band, "Sonic Boom of the South."

Early on, caught in the chaos of Tigers and tubas, the Gators were as rattled as the arena walls. Maybe it was the band, that introduced itself by way of a decibel-blaring rendition of "Get Ready," the old Temptations tune, which had the Jackson State fans on their feet, swaying to the funky music and chanting along with the band, "Get ready, get rehhh-dee."

Florida's band members looked as unsettled as the basketball players. Said tuba player Cody Ray, "To tell you the truth, I didn't even know Jackson State had a band."

Which is like the Jackson State point guard saying they didn't know Florida had a basketball team. The Sonic Boom of the South is the Florida of college bands.

For those of you scoring at home, The Sonic Boom – 300 strong at football games but pared down to the 30 allowed by NCAA tournament rules – came loaded with three tubas, five trombones, two French horns, three baritones, nine trumpets, one piccolo, two saxophones, two clarinets, a trap-set drum and a bass drum that put the oomp in the boomp.

Just when you thought the band couldn't possibly get louder, the action on the court helped crank up the volume. You see, there was another surprise. Jackson State thought it had a chance.

There was Catraiva Givens, a point guard about as tall as a tuba, with the gumption – if not the good sense – to attempt to take a charge from 6-foot-10 Florida forward Al Horford. Then came the mastodon, Stanley Turner, generously listed at 285 pounds – perhaps his grade school weight – who bumped Horford as if he were a sumo wrestler.

The crowd went nuts. The band went nuts. Dullsville transformed into New Orleans, and then, sadly, it all came to an end. Sort of.

When Florida pulled ahead late in the first half and the Gator fans broke into chants of "U-F, U-F," the Jackson State fans that had traveled by the busload from Jackson, Miss., came with another ear-splitting rendition of "Get Ready." But as the game progressed, the raucous fans lost their gusto.

Florida started pounding Jackson State harder than the kid who pounded the bass drum for Sonic Boom. And the Gators put on their own show, a medley of dunks and blocked shots and long-range three-pointers, but nothing quite matched the boomp-boomp-boomp and the swaying fans and the little team from Jackson State that played with the same soul and spirit as its band.

Not everybody got it.

Joakim Noah, Florida's star forward, derisively dismissed the The Sonic Boom as "some small little band."

Ray, a tuba player in Florida's band, huffed, "They're a little out of control, a little overdone, like they're trying to prove something."

Of course they were. They were trying to prove they belonged. Trying to electrify the crowd. Trying to put the fun back into the Midwest Regional.

Sure, only minutes into the second half, for all intents and purposes, the game was over. But until the final buzzer sounded, the Jackson State band and its team played on.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug ... &type=lgns
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

I was HS c/o 1988 and college c/o 1995. I just screwed around for a few years.

Yea, but you're fairly normal. He's not. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_blackeye.gif[/img]
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

Maybe he's the normal one.

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/ride.gif[/img]
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

touche
TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

Maybe he's the normal one.

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/ride.gif[/img]

Withholding comment until Todd comes through for me. At that point I will respond.
I am the law, bitches!
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

I was just thinking about that today dude. I'm headed to the post office right now.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

No worries Todd, just messin' with you.
I am the law, bitches!
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Thank you Doc...I will not partake in any internet privacy and security issues. Have at it.

I would love to see Bari and Weg in a fight though...especially while she's pregnant. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Okay, let's try this!

IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Thank you Doc...I will not partake in any internet privacy and security issues. Have at it.

I would love to see Bari and Weg in a fight though...especially while she's pregnant. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif[/img]

hey - you leave your facebook open to anyone and everyone, then you're a fool and have what's coming to ya...

I've got mine set so that only my friends can see it.

IHateUGAlyDawgs

is that moron wearing jorts?

IHateUGAlyDawgs

someone check the I wear jorts thread in the pub and see if Ms. Ray has responded.

Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Why, the kid is 11 years old. We should take up a collection and buy him his very own football.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lmao.gif[/img]

radbag

Post by radbag »

does being a 7th adventist mean that he's not allowed to be on the intrawebs on their day of sabbath (the seventh day, saturday)?
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

When I get home, I will post the biggest example of intarwebs pwnership EVAR. Not that I'm advocating we do the same to Cody Ray. Just as an example of the types of lines we prefer you NOT cross.
wpfox16

Post by wpfox16 »

M7 - I completely understand your desire for internet privacy but, like hater said, the guy left his facebook profile open to everyone... Even worse, further searching reveals that the guy has his phone number and address listed on other sites...
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

M7 - I completely understand your desire for internet privacy but, like hater said, the guy left his facebook profile open to everyone... Even worse, further searching reveals that the guy has his phone number and address listed on other sites...

Honestly, I don't mind invading his privacy a little, but I really don't want anyone to do anything stupid, illegal or both.
radbag

Post by radbag »

Honestly, I don't mind invading his privacy a little, but I really don't want anyone to do anything stupid, illegal or both.

i probably have the biggest axe to grind and i'd never get to that point where i'm calling him and harassing him...i don't think it's cool...it's always good to have though just in case he decides he's above the 'rules of gentlemanly engagement'

what's the phone number fox?
IHateUGAlyDawgs

same here doc...but seeing as how the repercussions for illegal are worse than stupid...what would be illegal?

TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

May God have mercy on that poor bastard's soul. I can't even fathum what is about to be done by some of you.
I am the law, bitches!
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Post it on the chans....*I didn't say that...* [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

[quote][quote]Let me ask a question - and please don't ban me for doing so.

How many people here dislike him and why? Just curious as I have not been privy to all of the exchanges.

He is a trombone player though - so he can't be too bad. :) But you guys like me anyway (I think?)

I haven't even mentioned this place in the Pub. But I do think it is funny that some of you are posting under other alias'. I have had a few PMs with him and he has been cool to me. But, I have noticed that the Pub seems to suck lately. The only really good thing there is the fart thread, and the occasional babe thread.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Let me ask a question - and please don't ban me for doing so.

How many people here dislike him and why? Just curious as I have not been privy to all of the exchanges.

He is a trombone player though - so he can't be too bad. :) But you guys like me anyway (I think?)

I haven't even mentioned this place in the Pub. But I do think it is funny that some of you are posting under other alias'. I have had a few PMs with him and he has been cool to me. But, I have noticed that the Pub seems to suck lately. The only really good thing there is the fart thread, and the occasional babe thread.

some of us have to have aliases because we've been banned otherwise.

slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

That sucks man. Who are you over there now?
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.