? for former mods at GC

Speaking of anal sex, where's vanders?
apexgator

? for former mods at GC

Post by apexgator »

For those of you that have been or currently are mods over at GC just how did you become a mod? Did you ask to be one or did they ask you? What was the criteria?

Just curious as to how some of the mods there may have gotten into power. I can see the potential for someone like barisucsbone to beg someone to let him in.
Tipmoose

? for former mods at GC

Post by Tipmoose »

Good question! Ive always wondered that myself.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
a1bion

? for former mods at GC

Post by a1bion »

That homo shane pm'd me to ask if I would be a mod for them. Of course, he didn't bother mentioning that they had banned raddy the night before, since they probably knew I would say no to it if I'd known that beforehand. So I accepted the job and then they told me. I think that was the beginning of the end for me, since it showed me how dishonest and underhanded those guys are.
Toothy

? for former mods at GC

Post by Toothy »

Kneepads was the rumor I heard.
TheTodd

? for former mods at GC

Post by TheTodd »

I was asked.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
Mlrtime

? for former mods at GC

Post by Mlrtime »

degator asked myself and rad at about he same time. I had to ask, "Why me?" and de was like "like your style...good posts, etc." That's when I knew she was hot for me. I'd seen her legs in the 'bathtub' pic, so she knew I was hot for her too!

I was introduced to the Pub when unvol sent me the link to the site. I lurked for a month or so and during that time noticed that there was was not a regular joke thread. I decided that would be my niche and became the JOTD (in more ways than one, maybe). That even became my sig "I'm the JOTD"

rad and I were introduced as Mods on the same day.

We had fun with it for a while didn't we Manny?
radbag

? for former mods at GC

Post by radbag »

That homo shane pm'd me to ask if I would be a mod for them. Of course, he didn't bother mentioning that they had banned raddy the night before, since they probably knew I would say no to it if I'd known that beforehand. So I accepted the job and then they told me. I think that was the beginning of the end for me, since it showed me how dishonest and underhanded those guys are.

i remembered that day...i was banned but kept up by musiccitygator, nana, hoppy, and allison.

i remembered josh (a1) apologizing to me via pm or email (i've forgotten) and me saying that it didn't hurt my feelings...josh reaching out meant a lot to me at the time.
radbag

? for former mods at GC

Post by radbag »

degator asked myself and rad at about he same time. I had to ask, "Why me?" and de was like "like your style...good posts, etc." That's when I knew she was hot for me. I'd seen her legs in the 'bathtub' pic, so she knew I was hot for her too!

I was introduced to the Pub when unvol sent me the link to the site. I lurked for a month or so and during that time noticed that there was was not a regular joke thread. I decided that would be my niche and became the JOTD (in more ways than one, maybe). That even became my sig "I'm the JOTD"

rad and I were introduced as Mods on the same day.

We had fun with it for a while didn't we Manny?

we bonded immediately on that day didn't we johnny...i mean, we were both pub regulars but being asked to mod gave us an instant link together...we called it the same 'class'...we had each others back.
Mlrtime

? for former mods at GC

Post by Mlrtime »

yep, we were a team.
TTBHG

? for former mods at GC

Post by TTBHG »

For those of you that have been or currently are mods over at GC just how did you become a mod? Did you ask to be one or did they ask you? What was the criteria?

Just curious as to how some of the mods there may have gotten into power. I can see the potential for someone like barisucsbone to beg someone to let him in.

I can tell you with bari because that is when I was posting heavy in the Pub. He sucked off Matt from day 1. Every post Matt made, Bari was right there patting him on the back. It was funny as hell.

The pub mods over there blow. The only one I like is vertigo. We have PM'd back and forth many many times and I like her. Other than her, they are all just power hungry. They are a bunch of rejects that probably have few friends, they were picked on in High School etc.etc. and are making up for it now.

I don't think I have ever told you guys this but I was asked in a round about way by Matt about being a mod when M7 and one of the other Pub mods left. I can't remember who the other one was but both left right about the same time. This was before the current group, when Matt was doing it by himself.
I am the law, bitches!
radbag

? for former mods at GC

Post by radbag »

I was asked.

on my suggestion as you know.

at the time, there was talk (those times i was included in such discussions) about leaving scout and hooking up with vbulletin...i had known that todd was in the computer field as a profession and thought he could bring value should we move to independency from scout...i had suggested shane that same week.

shane as we all know in the end bent me over and todd has always been a very close, loyal friend of mine...i wouldn't change any of the things that had transpired knowing what i now know.

AND i had negotiated a free subscription for todd too...not to many got it.
G8rMom7

? for former mods at GC

Post by G8rMom7 »

Let's see...first I was asked to Mod the OBP and that was from Shane, I believe. Although I think Rad spoke to me about it. Then I was asked to Mod SG by Rad and then Shane. Or Rad asked me to think about it and Shane then asked. I said no but offered up my services to the Pub if a spot ever opened up. Then spots did open in the Pub (was that when you left Rad?) and they picked Hoppy. I said WTF? Not to Hoppy being picked but the fact that they seemed to totally forget my previous offer and didn't even ask me. Then Robby (TBL) asked me if I wanted to Mod the Pub and I did for a while. But then all that stuff with Bill and Pam and other issues just made it ridiculous...plus, I was about to have a baby.

I just have issues with people who truly have NO life outside of internet message boards. And some of them put on a persona that is not anything like they are in real life. Geez...go to Second Life if you want to do that shit!
Okay, let's try this!

TTBHG

? for former mods at GC

Post by TTBHG »

I just have issues with people who truly have NO life outside of internet message boards. And some of them put on a persona that is not anything like they are in real life. Geez...go to Second Life if you want to do that shit!

This is the main reason I told Matt no. I did not want to be tied down to a message board. I enjoy showing up and making my smartass jokes and then leaving. I think my secretary would love for me to spend even more time on the internet so that would be less that she would have to deal with me..
I am the law, bitches!
radbag

? for former mods at GC

Post by radbag »

I can tell you with bari because that is when I was posting heavy in the Pub. He sucked off Matt from day 1. Every post Matt made, Bari was right there patting him on the back. It was funny as hell.

The pub mods over there blow. The only one I like is vertigo. We have PM'd back and forth many many times and I like her. Other than her, they are all just power hungry. They are a bunch of rejects that probably have few friends, they were picked on in High School etc.etc. and are making up for it now.

I don't think I have ever told you guys this but I was asked in a round about way by Matt about being a mod when M7 and one of the other Pub mods left. I can't remember who the other one was but both left right about the same time. This was before the current group, when Matt was doing it by himself.

i like verti...she and i have pm'd recently...i've forgotten now who it was but there was a female mod that took the whole wars very, very personal...slinky maybe? verti's cool...i've changed my stance on her...she's intimated to me that she too is tired of the sugary threads and the vanders domination show...she's also conveyed to me her lack of respect for bari at times due to his 'wish-washy' moods...inconsistency...i absolutely CRUSHED him in a pm with verti just recently knowing she'd show him...if she did, that's fine cause i wanted her to....if she didn't, it's because she respects me more than him which is equally as fine too....she's told me that her approach is more hands off...she goes with the flow...she and i agree in that in our real lives (all of us) - we all try and strive to act with decorum, we have to try and be responsible, courteous, and proper mannered (in our real lives)...our board lives should not be dictated by this...most of us clock in with a board persona that allows us to 'let our hair down' a bit...vanders seeks to stifle that and lots more people than we realize resent that....the pub is an opportunity to be someone you're not in the real life and vanders wants all to be how we are in real life on the boards (if that makes any sense)

as for you being asked about modding, i am not surprised at all...you were frequent, you were edgey, you were relevant...not to take anything away from you but there was a vast void in there too when mom7 was getting fucked with in there...her and hoppy...bill was asserting himself, pam was seeking attention...matt was being matt, guys were kissing up to him just to be his robin if he were their batman...you're right about it being a suckfest...that was blatant.

i thought their promotions of chuck, slinky, verti, knights was weak...none of them are board entities...bari has a persona so he was a logical choice...but no more logical than nothingremains10, thebigfish, sickrick, and/or vanders....i'm surprised vanders isn't a mod quite frankly...she's on there all the time...she posts all the time...based on some of my chats, i don't think growl is familiar with her persona so i'm honestly miffed they wouldn't have asked her (cause she's on all the time)...bill might be TOO edgey/racey as might be pam....baka was asked as it was told to me because he has no affiliation with any group...he was appointed admin because he was supposedly be asked to be able to be an impartial ruler of rules with no bias...that has changed very quickly...he's formed alliances and rightfully so....the whole reason for him being there is to benefit BOTH sides...that's obviously not the case cause bari seems to be dictating tone in there....not baka.

shane - we all know about shane so i won't bore anymore with the details...for tips benefit (and for tex and tt to a lesser extent), shane was my friend and confidant...i shared lots of stuff with him...brought him along as my guy and in the end, he started undermining me...it got back to me...i called him out...it was apparent that we were not going to be able to work together...so they axed me...this is why i harbored such a grudge against growl/solari for so long...don't anymore but them siding with him over me at the time caused me to understand the realization that all that time helping them on their boards was a waste of fucking time...i felt so stupid.

tbl too - made him a mod in the pub...we were gettin all our mates staff status...things were great...but when i got banned, tbl turned his back on me and treated me like i had aids or something...wouldn't return my pms...wouldn't answer any of my question...became very evasive and very squirrelly with me...he picked slurping the GC jizz over being just a friend to me...mom7 continued to talk to me, as did mlr, hoppy, todd, musiccity, and nana....that was disappointing to say the least.
G8rMom7

? for former mods at GC

Post by G8rMom7 »

What has happened to Robby? I haven't seen him in the Pub in a LONG time. I assume he is just sticking to the Sports forums these days. Is he still an admin or mod? I haven't got a clue. I think he was included in one of my bulk emails with pictures of Nate. He usually responded to me on those but I don't think he did. Just wonderin'.
Okay, let's try this!

radbag

? for former mods at GC

Post by radbag »

What has happened to Robby? I haven't seen him in the Pub in a LONG time. I assume he is just sticking to the Sports forums these days. Is he still an admin or mod? I haven't got a clue. I think he was included in one of my bulk emails with pictures of Nate. He usually responded to me on those but I don't think he did. Just wonderin'.

he does what growl and shane tells him to do...so if he responds to your emails, it's because robby asked and they ok'd it...if you see him in the pub, it's because growl wants him to generate post counts...if you see him outside of raymond james stadium washing car windshields it's because growl wants him to.
TTBHG

? for former mods at GC

Post by TTBHG »

i like verti...she and i have pm'd recently...i've forgotten now who it was but there was a female mod that took the whole wars very, very personal...slinky maybe? verti's cool...i've changed my stance on her...she's intimated to me that she too is tired of the sugary threads and the vanders domination show...she's also conveyed to me her lack of respect for bari at times due to his 'wish-washy' moods...inconsistency...i absolutely CRUSHED him in a pm with verti just recently knowing she'd show him...if she did, that's fine cause i wanted her to....if she didn't, it's because she respects me more than him which is equally as fine too....she's told me that her approach is more hands off...she goes with the flow...she and i agree in that in our real lives (all of us) - we all try and strive to act with decorum, we have to try and be responsible, courteous, and proper mannered (in our real lives)...our board lives should not be dictated by this...most of us clock in with a board persona that allows us to 'let our hair down' a bit...vanders seeks to stifle that and lots more people than we realize resent that....the pub is an opportunity to be someone you're not in the real life and vanders wants all to be how we are in real life on the boards (if that makes any sense)

I agree with this a ton, I honestly think vertigo would be a fantastic addition here but she is probably to imbedded over there to be considered here.

as for you being asked about modding, i am not surprised at all...you were frequent, you were edgey, you were relevant...not to take anything away from you but there was a vast void in there too when mom7 was getting fucked with in there...her and hoppy...bill was asserting himself, pam was seeking attention...matt was being matt, guys were kissing up to him just to be his robin if he were their batman...you're right about it being a suckfest...that was blatant.

I thought about it for a day or two but just did not want to deal with it. Everyone here knows this about me, especially 95, but I am a lead engineer. That is very demanding, GC first and now the BA, are my release during the day. I can get on and laugh like hell at the topics or posts and then go back to dealing with budgets, deadlines, asshole project managers, asshole city admins etc.etc. I want this to be my release, I did not want it to be a second job. That is why I turned it down. I would like to say it was because of my allegiance to all of you, but when I started in the Pub was right at the time when all the shit hit the fan. I really didn't understand it.

i thought their promotions of chuck, slinky, verti, knights was weak...none of them are board entities...bari has a persona so he was a logical choice...but no more logical than nothingremains10, thebigfish, sickrick, and/or vanders....i'm surprised vanders isn't a mod quite frankly...she's on there all the time...she posts all the time...based on some of my chats, i don't think growl is familiar with her persona so i'm honestly miffed they wouldn't have asked her (cause she's on all the time)...bill might be TOO edgey/racey as might be pam....baka was asked as it was told to me because he has no affiliation with any group...he was appointed admin because he was supposedly be asked to be able to be an impartial ruler of rules with no bias...that has changed very quickly...he's formed alliances and rightfully so....the whole reason for him being there is to benefit BOTH sides...that's obviously not the case cause bari seems to be dictating tone in there....not baka.

again, agree 100%. I thought baka would be a good admin. He turned out to be about like Matt. He formed his alliance quickly and all others are trash.

In closing, Tip, you will find this out as quickly as I did. GC is a message board, the BA is more like a family. You can read back through old threads. Since I have been a member here I have gone through some hardtimes(feel free to find the old threads, they are quite amusing) and everyone here treated me like family, except weg, she hates me. The advice, and a shoulder to cry on were worth their weight in gold to me. I hope they treat you as well as they have treated me.
I am the law, bitches!
radbag

? for former mods at GC

Post by radbag »

^^^ i was about to call you a phag.................i chose not to just sayin.
TTBHG

? for former mods at GC

Post by TTBHG »

^^^ i was about to call you a phag.................i chose not to just sayin.

Why did you pass up on the chance? Personally, I would be offended if you did not edit your post to do so. Trust me, if you had made that post, I certainly would have called you one. Just sayin'.
I am the law, bitches!
DocZaius

? for former mods at GC

Post by DocZaius »

I have been asked to mod Too Hot and the OBP, but I don't remember who asked me.

I turned them down because I didn't have time.

Now I have a whole goddamn site to administer.
apexgator

? for former mods at GC

Post by apexgator »

asshole project managers

I resent that remark
apexgator

? for former mods at GC

Post by apexgator »

I have been asked to mod Too Hot and the OBP, but I don't remember who asked me.

I really have no clue about this but is there really a whole lot to do when all the posters get along? Maybe thats more for moderators but like I said, I really don't have a clue about such matters.

And btw, whatever it is that you do to administer this site we all do appreciate it.
DocZaius

? for former mods at GC

Post by DocZaius »

I really have no clue about this but is there really a whole lot to do when all the posters get along? Maybe thats more for moderators but like I said, I really don't have a clue about such matters.

And btw, whatever it is that you do to administer this site we all do appreciate it.

Well, the OBP would have been a cakewalk. The truth is that I just didn't want to shoulder the responsibility if I was absent while something happened.

Too Hot, on the other hand, just seemed like a powder keg. No way in hell that I would have dealt with that stuff.

As for this site, "whatever it is that I do" isn't really all that much. I make sure the bill gets paid and I try not to screw up stuff when I add new features. Usually, when I screw something up it takes me a while to fix it.
Mlrtime

? for former mods at GC

Post by Mlrtime »

That certainly made it much easier apex.

I basically just viewed most every thread, not that i read every single post in every single thread.

There was one cat that I had banned because he would randomly post full frontal nudity pics in any thread. Full frontal nudity was a no-no even in threads marked NSFW. PM's to the guy were ignored so bye bye.
radbag

? for former mods at GC

Post by radbag »

as for me, mlrtime as he's said already and i were asked together by degator...i was apprehensive at first because i liked it just the way it was (like tt had mentioned)...i didn't want to be more to the board...i didn't want responsibilities...just wanted to do what i was doing which essentially was what tt said he was doing...use the board as a vent...as a timeout...same thing. de told me that there would be nothing to do but generate posts...stimulate the board...basically do what i was doing...at the time, the pub banned no one...the pub TRULY welcomed all...at the time, it was edgey, entertaining, quickwitted, and diverse...totally different than what it is now...back then, NO ONE controlled the flow..no one controlled thought...no one edited anything...no one deleted anything...mods were not there to moderate...they were there to initiate and stimulate thought which would translate into posting opportunities which would then turn into web views and web hits...all good things for web business.

things are good...i'm getting somewhat popular...growl and de see this and suggest me for swamp gas...they like the fact that i'm on all day...they like the guns a blazing attitude...they needed someone with no swamp gas experience (at the time, it was strictly pub for me...nowhere else) - at the time, SG was flooded with rivals who were taking their liberties so they needed a heavy handed guy to take out the trash...they gave me a list of 8 names (wish i still had it) to bait and ban...was easy as fuck...kcoachr was one...instaGATOR was another...there was a bulldog too...

de left - there was a void...growl asked me to be de's interim...i accepted...more responsibility right? why did i accept? i did because growl was in a lurch and he needed help...i cared enough about the site to want to help any way i could...fast forward and growl and i are clicking...we're chatting at night...we're working close...he brings me into the mix with solari...he's oafish..they need sg mods, they as me, i suggest my pub friends...they need pub mods, they ask me, i suggest my pub friends...getting my boys comp subscriptions...we're running the place...all is good...

shanes eyes get wide open with power...he wants to write for gatorcountry and get paid....he back doors me...growl turns his back on me and here's where i stand...i blame it all on degator.