IM'd with growl tonight

Speaking of anal sex, where's vanders?
radbag

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by radbag »

he says he'd unban everyone if they'd stop complaining about the mods and the rules and such...i asked if complaining was a violation of the rules...he said it wasn't but he says the pub is happy with the new rules (reps and stars and all thay gay shit) and he says the mods and admins don't like when we complain about reps...whatever...i accused him of censorship...he said it was baka's show...i told him that i thought baritubabone is shane in the making...he's power trippin and he baits people...he said he doesn't know him too well and that he would speak to baka...i told him to forget it...what's the point....he refuses to unban rickyslade...he said he banned him personally...i told him that the new direction of the pub sucked and that you're bleeding it to death...he said as long as the community was happy and the mods and admins are happy, he's happy....a fair point actually...but i made it my business to point out that his community consisted of 4 people...vanders, flip, bill, pam...he doesn't know nor does he care...he'll ask baka.

at the end, i offered to put my head on the block if you guys got unbanned and it got hairy again...he said that that wouldn't solve anything...he thinks we complain too much...i thought his guys ran a faggy forum...he said that it is what it is and if they don't like it, they can leave (or join me)...i asked him if he was serious in that he wanted people to leave and he said 'sure' - if they aint happy, just leave

i don't think they care about replies and views anymore to be honest...
annarborgator

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by annarborgator »

why would they stop caring about replies and views?
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
apexgator

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by apexgator »

Yeah, that doesn't make sense. Websites are all about traffic. Interesting conversation to say the least. For the record, I couldn't care less if they unban me.
radbag

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by radbag »

i don't think it matters anymore aa ... he didn't like my idea of having specific, defined roles in order to bolster up a) views, replies, webhits b) confidence in the mods c) community unity.

the old "good guys versus the bad guys" routine...we come in and start blowing shit up, the good guys round us all up and put us in the pokey...the community sees what a good job they are doing and the community is grateful...the cops look good...the bad guys live to blow shit up again and again and again.

he wasn't having it.. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lmao.gif[/img]
apexgator

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by apexgator »

Fuck 'em
radbag

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by radbag »

mark my words fellas...i'm gonna be a mod again over there [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lmao.gif[/img]
annarborgator

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by annarborgator »

you crack me up rad [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lmao.gif[/img] fucking nuts man...always great.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

wait...apex got banned???

damn...I didn't realize we'd stirred up that much of a hornet's nest.

RickySlade

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by RickySlade »

Growl must be banging vanders. The offending post was read by many mods before he decided to ban me...I was the last to be smacked down.

Rad, what's his e-mail address?
(Tipping a waitress) Here's fifty bucks; take this in case I get drunk and call you a bitch later.
a1bion

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by a1bion »

apex got banned? WTF is that all about? Only thing I saw that could possibly be used to justify that is a post apex made where he said that I did a good job when I was a mod over there. That's BS.
G8rMom7

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by G8rMom7 »

Yeah, I pretty much agree with those who think we should just let the Pub go...to be honest, I like the sports forums over there and as one of the few people that like ESPN (because I have to [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_smile.gif[/img]), I think GC was pretty smart to align with them. Mark my words, that Under Amour All-American game will become as big if not bigger than the Army all-American game.

In any case, as we've said over and over...it's boring over there. The only reason I think any of us go over there at all is to check in with some of the nice folks who are still over there (PMC) AND to see if there is anyone who would like to get out and possibly join us over here.

But to be honest, with the way the Pub is going, I just don't see us finding anyone over there. If anything we will get more quality members from the Sports forums. IMO. OR as we've mentioned before we can nominate friends and family members that one of knows and thinks would be a good fit. Whatever happened with that friend of BG and Weg's? No one ever said anything about that! I'm game.
Okay, let's try this!

TTBHG

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by TTBHG »

Growl must be banging vanders. The offending post was read by many mods before he decided to ban me...I was the last to be smacked down.

Rad, what's his e-mail address?

If you go to the "contact us" email it will go straight to Growl. That is the one that I emailed wanting the remaining balance of my account returned to me and Growl responded.

I think this whole thing is bullshit. There was not a single thing that was done that deserved a banning. A warning maybe, but not the mass bannings that occured. The fact that Apex was banned and he wasn't anywhere near that board proves my point. I still contend that the only reason I was banned was because when I put Hater's ban notice as my sig, they finally connected me with the BA. Up until then they probably just thought I was an asshole, now I am a BA asshole. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lmao.gif[/img]

Now that Hater's insider account is active, I will have to beg for his password so I can read the insider recruiting board. Other than IR, there isn't a single board I want to read anymore.
I am the law, bitches!
G8Rpmc

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by G8Rpmc »

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/sh ... hp?t=47852 --This is a nice thread...okay, but here is the title and I think bari did this, or maybe if ya'll read the thread you can decide if he changed the title to this... "My Valentine's day (Bari plays hide the salami...by himself...with an actual salami)"

It had a different title, and in light of the tragedy in N. Ill, rulz asked that it be changed. Frank said he made the original title before he heard about the tragedy, and that a mod would have to change it. I think bari says he changed it once, but maybe another mod changed it using bari's name.

Anyway, what if one of ya'll had made a title like this? Title changed? Double standard again? Hmmm......

How do I contact growl, rad? If the Pub is supposed to be so "sweet", then how come this is allowed? I just might find this a little offensive only because I think if one of my BA friends posted this title, it would have been changed by a mod.

No, I won't mention the BA in my message to Growl. Should I just send him a PM?

Edit...I just read the post above. I might "contact" them. What do ya think?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I love living in Florida.
apexgator

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by apexgator »

My only issue is that they didn't even have hte guts to warn me or even tell me I was banned. I just all of a sudden couldn't gain access to the pub. I can still access all the other free forums. Like TT, I only care to read IR and the den every now and then. So TT, thanks man for sharing your password. It was good while it lasted and at least it got us through signing day.

And a1, I believe it was more than that post. I road the coattails of some of Tipmooses posts on the sugary sweetness of the pub. That and my posts regarding some of the racist posts that some of the new blood were able to get away with. It's sad when a bunch of new posters are allowed to root out all the long time posters.
TTBHG

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by TTBHG »

My only issue is that they didn't even have hte guts to warn me or even tell me I was banned. I just all of a sudden couldn't gain access to the pub. I can still access all the other free forums. Like TT, I only care to read IR and the den every now and then. So TT, thanks man for sharing your password. It was good while it lasted and at least it got us through signing day.[/size]

And a1, I believe it was more than that post. I road the coattails of some of Tipmooses posts on the sugary sweetness of the pub. That and my posts regarding some of the racist posts that some of the new blood were able to get away with. It's sad when a bunch of new posters are allowed to root out all the long time posters.

Mi casa es su casa. I had no problem at all with you guys using my password. Had they just banned me from the Pub I would have continued to subscribe. However, after the BS that went down, it was told to me that my account would be reactivated sans the Pub if I wanted and I said no. They will never see another penny of my money.
I am the law, bitches!
a1bion

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by a1bion »

apex, if they banned you, in part, for protesting them allowing racist crap in the Pub, that's even more f'd up.

And to the bigger picture, Growl obviously has no way of knowing that nana has communicated with our members, but how funny is it that even their other mods think the current Pub mods suck?
radbag

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by radbag »

i have mixed feelings about pmc getting her hands dirty with this....the less they know that you are associated with us, the better...

if you did (and not saying you should) - it would leave everyone in the pub (and GC staff) scratching their collective heads about the thought that PMC, one of the most respected GC has to offer, is siding with the 'bad guys'...they'd actually reconsider their position if someone like pmc made a big stink about all the inequities and bias that actually go on...it'd be a hoot that's for sure.

lay low on this one pam...i'm afraid it'd affect your good name there to be sadly and brutally honest...the less they know the better...knowledge is power right?
a1bion

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by a1bion »

Growl's such a fag with that argument that Oh, it's all baka's gig. Growl sets the mood and baka just follows his lead. He knows that.
G8Rpmc

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by G8Rpmc »

i have mixed feelings about pmc getting her hands dirty with this....the less they know that you are associated with us, the better...

if you did (and not saying you should) - it would leave everyone in the pub (and GC staff) scratching their collective heads about the thought that PMC, one of the most respected GC has to offer, is siding with the 'bad guys'...they'd actually reconsider their position if someone like pmc made a big stink about all the inequities and bias that actually go on...it'd be a hoot that's for sure.

lay low on this one pam...i'm afraid it'd affect your good name there to be sadly and brutally honest...the less they know the better...knowledge is power right?

Okay rad, and thanks for the compliment. I don't think I am that "respected," and I actually feel left out of the loop, a little. Vanders knows that I am in a group with rad, some others. I think it would be better if I kept out of things. Kinda more my style. But, sometimes I feel like I should say something, especially with people getting banned with no warning, etc.

Over time, a new group has developed there. Vanders is okay in my book....we are the same age, teachers, etc. I understand where she is coming from, but I also think she has more "control" issues than I have. Different personalities. I just keep my mouth shut...to each his own....who am I to tell someone what they can or cannot post? But vanders is different in that area. If something is offensive to her, she just has to say something. Also, I think she is being protective of ones she cares about when someone is going toe to toe with another poster. I would think that if anyone could get in here and start something negative with one of us, we would all jump in and protect our BA member. Know what I mean?

It's definitely a group thing. We can joke and pick on each other, but let another person come in here that is not a part of the group...and if that person starts something unpleasant with a member.....watch out! We would be all over that person and their arse would be kicked to China and back for sure!

Things are not quite as syrupy sweet as you might expect all the time. Bill sure likes to spice it up. He had a thread that was "Do you like it shaved clean?" I didn't click on the link he had in the first post, but he did put this is there..oh heck...it was a picture of a hairy arm pit that said,"Relax, it's just an armpit." It was suggestive to say the least. And he started a thread , "Question for the Ladies" .."What do you do down in the nether region to keep yourself clean and tasty for your man?" C'mon. I like Bill and all, he knew my parents when he was a kid.....we've met several times. I have NO problem with him either. But I do wonder if one of the BA members had started threads like that, I do wonder if the threads would be deleted. I just looked and that thread is still there...page 12 of the Pub.

This is in the Boring thread...Image Put there by Scuba. I don't mind it, but I just wonder if one of ya'll put that in there, would it be okay with them? I guess it must fall under the rules....none of this or that actually showing....but...hmmm....makes me think.

I'm just sayin'...... I really think it goes back to the "group dynamics" thing.
Last edited by DocZaius on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
G8rMom7

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by G8rMom7 »

You are on the mark PMC...no matter what, they know we exist and they think about us like WE thought about the BP...they think our whole purpose is to cause trouble when we go over there...and to some extent they are right. But whatever...in my opinion it's all about the content...their content is just not all that interesting to me. I'll go ahead and post a picture of Nate when he's a year old just so some of the older GCers who might be interested, but as time goes by there are just less and less of anyone who would care over there.

I'm not an expert on message boards but in my limited experience, it always seems that a sort of clique just naturally forms between some folks and inevitably, those not in that clique start to get offended or annoyed and the clique ends up splitting off to form their own board. That's what seemed to happen with the BA (with a lot of things happening to enourage the split) and it happened on our old Disney Character board. This is a board that was started for anyone who used to be a Disney Character. After a couple of years, the board was being taken over by the "moms" who were posting pictures of their kids, etc. The others who were not parents or moms thought the board was meant to be something else (reminsing, catching up, etc.) and got annoyed with the "moms" so we started our own board and it's been great. And FWIW, the Mom Board is a lot more active and we've all remained better friends and see each other, etc. The other board can go weeks without one single post.

Ce La Vie (sp?) I guess.
Okay, let's try this!

G8Rpmc

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by G8Rpmc »

Exactly Mom7. Well put, imho! [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_smile.gif[/img]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I love living in Florida.
apexgator

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by apexgator »

^^^ and your previous post was right on. I think it really does matter who posts something as to whether it is acceptable or not.
texgator

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by texgator »

I will say that I never really took to the Pub, but I check in here every day. I could care less about the Pub...except for the cat picture thread...I have a strange addiction to those damn lol cat pictures.

I feel so dirty, yet liberated for finally admitting it.
G8RKyle

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by G8RKyle »

Tex, I'm right there with you. I love animals, and the cat thread and the lesser known dog thread are
just adorable.
MinGator

IM'd with growl tonight

Post by MinGator »

But vanders is different in that area. If something is offensive to her, she just has to say something.
i think this is my fundamental problem. her response to any negative post is, if you don't like it then don't click on the thread and post.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.