Computer problems

You got a problem? Tell us.
UFgirlfan07

Computer problems

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

When I start my computer, my Windows won't boot.

Any suggestions?
DocZaius

Computer problems

Post by DocZaius »

Is it plugged in?
UFgirlfan07

Computer problems

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

LOL. Yeah. Of course I took it to Circuit City and they want to charge me an arm and a leg for them to wipe my hard drive, which they claim is the issue. I think it's a Windows issue. It gets to the Windows screen and just freezes at that point. I'm going out today to buy a keyboard with a USB plug (mine is wireless and therefore won't work until Windows loads)... maybe if I can get it to load in safe mode or reset it to its last known configuration, it'll do something.
TTBHG

Computer problems

Post by TTBHG »

Have Joey buy you a new one for Christmas.:wink
I am the law, bitches!
DocZaius

Computer problems

Post by DocZaius »

LOL. Yeah. Of course I took it to Circuit City and they want to charge me an arm and a leg for them to wipe my hard drive, which they claim is the issue. I think it's a Windows issue. It gets to the Windows screen and just freezes at that point. I'm going out today to buy a keyboard with a USB plug (mine is wireless and therefore won't work until Windows loads)... maybe if I can get it to load in safe mode or reset it to its last known configuration, it'll do something.

Yeah, do this. Safe mode and then system restore.
UFgirlfan07

Computer problems

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

That didn't work. Sigh.

I took it to Circuit City and they are running a diagnostic on it. In other words, I just got ass raped.
DocZaius

Computer problems

Post by DocZaius »

That didn't work. Sigh.

I took it to Circuit City and they are running a diagnostic on it. In other words, I just got ass raped.

Yes. Yes, you did.

Were you able to boot into safe mode?
TTBHG

Computer problems

Post by TTBHG »

I just got ass raped.

I gotta spend more time hanging out in the Tech forum. You cats are freaky in here.
I am the law, bitches!
UFgirlfan07

Computer problems

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

Nope, couldn't get it into safe mode or get it running under the last known configuration. Tried several times. There were times when I couldn't even get the menu to come up. It would just freeze.

I'm not getting any type of error messages though. Don't know if that's a good sign or not. When I had my laptop and the hard drive needed to be replaced, I at least had an error message come up.

I take such good care of my computers. I don't know how this happens. Guess technology hates me.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Computer problems

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

planned obsolescense.

TheTodd

Computer problems

Post by TheTodd »

How old is this laptop Katie? Kind of sounds like the motherboard will need to be replaced and not the HD.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
UFgirlfan07

Computer problems

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

It's a desktop and it's less than two years old.
TheTodd

Computer problems

Post by TheTodd »

Oh. Pretty quick for any hardware to go bad unless it has some sort of an overheating problem.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Computer problems

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

I've never had a desktop last more than 2 years. Desktops suck.

UFgirlfan07

Computer problems

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

It's definitely the hard drive, by the way.

I'll get it fixed eventually. And after the wedding, we're buying a Mac.