AdGator02

Rad, Growl stickied his apology

Post by AdGator02 »

^^^
better not cause i'm not heading back to 'as the gc turns'
TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

With all of that said, I enjoy the posting over here but if you boys and girls wanna shut this bitch down and start posting back over there then I am in for whatever you decide. I posted with those people but enjoy you guys more in the short time I have been here.

don't worry, dood...this place ain't closin its doors.

I had that eloquent, articulate and thoughtful post and this is all you take away from it.....Bastard.
I am the law, bitches!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

^^the funny part is i almost replied with the same damn thing as hater.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

With all of that said, I enjoy the posting over here but if you boys and girls wanna shut this bitch down and start posting back over there then I am in for whatever you decide. I posted with those people but enjoy you guys more in the short time I have been here.

I had that eloquent, articulate and thoughtful post and this is all you take away from it.....Bastard.

LOL...

the rest of that was for rad...that was the part I could help you with.

I do agree w/ most of what you wrote, FWIW.

TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

LOL...

the rest of that was for rad...that was the part I could help you with.

I do agree w/ most of what you wrote, FWIW.

What do you mean most?

That my friend is a well thought out argument, debate classes all over the country are foaming at the mouth to use that kind of poetry. I await your apology for not agreeing with ALL of what I said.
I am the law, bitches!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

debates have changed format?
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

^Yes they have. I give my opening statement in the form of an opinion and they call it a day.
I am the law, bitches!
radbag

Post by radbag »

good thing there's not usually a deadline on apologies...meaning to say an apology is an apology and amongst respectable human beings, a response is not required by "x" amount of hours before it is taken back or rescinded.

great valuable feedback thus far...i'm in no rush to respond though i do believe it is right to do so.

tomorrow, i'd like to address each and every post in this thread so as to thank you for your feedback and possibly bounce some ideas. thanks all.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

rad, if I were you I would at least make a courtesy acknowledgement of the apology soon...you can always go into detail with it later, jmho.

degator

Post by degator »

Rad, shake hands and show you are the bigger man. I will write more, but I am tired. You know that took a lot for GG to write that, yep it might be a pony show, but he didn't just email it to you, he posted it.

your fans want you, don't let them wait.
A memory lasts forever. Never does it die. True friends stay together. And never say goodbye.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

agree w/ de.

the longer the delay the more it makes YOU look petty despite it all.

you don't have to get into it all right now - do that later...but make the appearance.

radbag

Post by radbag »

maybe.

..........................the last thing that "I" want to do too is to make us ALL look petty...i just don't think it's necessary to jump.
GoneFishinGator

Post by GoneFishinGator »

Alright, rad, here's my thoughts:

You've "won". He has conceded the whole thing to you. Not asking any concessions in return. He has made the effort that you always said was required of him. You don't have to be friends with him, and I would be shocked if you could based on past history - but apologies can go a long way to healing wounds.

If I were you I would go in there and accept the apology. Post every so often if you desire. I don't intend to make a permanent home there as I have one here, but I will still visit there on occasion as I think you should/will. I know you want to at least a little bit or you wouldn't have fought this ordeal so long.

The apology you wanted has been made. At least show up in the thread to accept it. That's MHO.

Exactly....couldn't have said it better.
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

MinGator

Post by MinGator »

If you can't find teh pr0ns on the internet, you shouldn't be allowed on the internet.
Post of the year.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
radbag

Post by radbag »

i would need my ip address here at work unbanned if i'm to register.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

you want me to post that on the thread, rad?

MinGator

Post by MinGator »

now on to the more serious aspect of this thread.

i agree with those above, apology extended and should be accepted before too long. make a short appearance, but leave them wanting more.

most of the drama went beyond my available hours to keep up with but i agree that people will not change in the long run. that being said i think we all know there must be reasons that this is happening now. why bother to fix it now? i think the pub is in the crapper and the majority of the posters are uninspiring (as if i am one to talk). the pub imo is headed into being a ghost town with little draw for anyone interested in meaningful banter.

darth is still an issue but with the BA it's almost a non-factor since i feel i can post freely here and have no need to at GC. he still needs a good slice of humble pie but i think it's best to wait a while and hit him when he doesn't see it coming.

I'm thankful that we have the BA that provides me an outlet in my day with good folks. honestly i used to never get the "i met them on the internet" thing. always thought it was weird, but having been here i get it. there are good people that you can get to know no matter the method of communication.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
radbag

Post by radbag »

Do I get an apology too, yo? I got kicked out for sticking up for Matt and the rest of the Pub along with raddy, as opposed to the duplicitous crap that Growl and Ray were pulling.

you SHOULD get one...you should get one from growl/solari for thinking that you were participating in that raid as an attacker and not a defender.
radbag

Post by radbag »

I added a little more to help the situation over there. Also, the natives are starting to ask about the Gator Hole.

I think he slipped up by mentioning the Hole, but maybe he figured what the heck, since we'd already posted about its existence on Scout.

looks like he edited the 'hole' portion of that message and bill looks to be the pub janitor as he has done a quick mop up job of that spill. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lmao.gif[/img]
radbag

Post by radbag »

I have to say that the drama has long since gone over my head, and I don't really care anymore. They acted like tools back in April, which has been well-documented, but the experience wasn't as personal for me as for some of you, since I wasn't a mod or an admin.

i totally understand how you might feel that the actions/posts some of us here took who were wronged and some of us here who were singled out and lied about the last several months can be as boring as heck...the jousting that some of us here participated in (in an effort to clear ourselves and our friends) i can definitely see it as very tiresome and very irritating quite honestly...i appreciate your comments and your sincerity all the same. thank you.
radbag

Post by radbag »

Alright, rad, here's my thoughts:

You've "won". He has conceded the whole thing to you. Not asking any concessions in return. He has made the effort that you always said was required of him. You don't have to be friends with him, and I would be shocked if you could based on past history - but apologies can go a long way to healing wounds.

If I were you I would go in there and accept the apology. Post every so often if you desire. I don't intend to make a permanent home there as I have one here, but I will still visit there on occasion as I think you should/will. I know you want to at least a little bit or you wouldn't have fought this ordeal so long.

The apology you wanted has been made. At least show up in the thread to accept it. That's MHO.

i agree with your post hater...thanks for commenting.

i'd like to just focus on the comments i bolded out.

little bit is truly LITTLE BIT...i'll be honest that from my perspective, my fight was not so much the interest in getting reinstated so that i could have posting privileges back but the interest in them acknowledging their injustices not only to me (from the time i was admin and the way things were moving to the time i was banned and the lies and suppression of inquiry that followed) but to my friends for simply ASSOCIATING with me...probably why i want so much to understand why tbl turned his back on me.

but yeah - i agree that growls apology is an appropriate reach out to us all and yes, i should answer to that apology with a proper, appropriate response and yes, i intend to do so....i don't see me being friends as well and i don't see me wanting to be over there because i agree, i've got a permanent home here.
radbag

Post by radbag »

1. rad, i'm glad he's at least made an attempt at this point. we've gotten more than i expected to get, to be honest. i still don't think growl is being quite forthcoming with the reality of it all but he is at least alluding to some of the fucked up things that happened.

i agree it only partially steps up to the plate.

edit: damnit. accidentally clicked submit.

2. i think this opens the door enough for you to randomly pop in over there when you are in the mood. just drop a line and disappear like a ghost for a week or two. could be fun.

3. the BA can fucking get some shit done, can't we??????

appreciate the comments AA - you've been a good supporter throughout and i thank you.

1 - i agree with you in that i'm a lil leery of the timing...i'm cautious about that
2 - i don't know how often i'd walk thru that open door to be honest cause i don't see anything remotely interesting over there...anything that WAS is now here...maybe on a recruiting mission? [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ...agree it could be fun during haze week
3 - don't sell the BA short brothers and sisters...we are get muhphucking shit DONE yo!
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I did not think of the advertising revenue issue. That could be a very valid reason for keeping the Pub hoppin'. They do sell that advertising based on the estimated amount of views/clicks the ads tend to get. If no one is going over there, what advertiser would give them money to have their ad on there?

But being that I work in Marketing, I think that is a good reason for Growl...I don't see it at sinister or anything. They DO need to keep the Pub hoppin' if they are making money on teh ads. That's business. Of course, it would be nice that IF that were the case, if he admitted to it. I dont' think it makes him any less sincere, but it would explain the "why now" factor.
Okay, let's try this!

radbag

Post by radbag »

I agree with what you said about Darth. That guy's a piece of shit and something should be done about that.

i plan on inviting growl to an IM session tonite.

i will insist on knowing what darth's capabilities are in the pub...i don't want him having access to my pm's, passwords, IPs...i don't trust that fucker.

i'll have to ask about paul22, gatormarc, and swamp....ghetto as well as he's become increasingly agitated since my aliases arrival the last several weeks.
G8RKyle

Post by G8RKyle »

When someone gives you an apology, you should accept. In this case, you have a chance to come across as the gracious winner,
instead of a sour loser. Like PMC, I don't like conflict, and I'm all about healing relationships. TT says people don't change, but I've
seen too many people change to believe that.

I think you should accept the apology publicly, and then, as far as posting over there, it's up to you and how comfortable you feel.
But if you don't accept and don't acknowledge the apology, it just makes you look petty and small in the end.

And I wrote this before I read page 2.