IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU'VE SUCCESSFULLY LOGGED IN

Speaking of anal sex, where's vanders?
radbag

Post by radbag »

with your new password.

something drastic had to be done to ensure that your BA password was not the same as your GC password...it's just come to light that growl has access to everyones passwords on GC...make a long story short, he sent me an email saying that they registered 'radbag' for me on GC and all i had to do was use it...my password was 'jetersux' - this was the password i used to register all my aliases with...that shit is fucked up.

i didn't want to take a chance with those who might have the same passwords so i change them all...doc z is looking into the possibility of password protecting the forums so that we can have our unique logins and passords again.

told you guys that growl was a scumbag...all he needs to do is go down our memberlist and see who is here and try their passwords that correspond to their GC account...that simple.

sorry for the inconvenience...i would suggest we keep this new password for the time being for security purposes and PLEASE spread the word around to your fellow BPers...a mass email has been sent out to the email addresses you've provided.

thanks.
UFgirlfan07

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

Wow. That's crazy and a total invasion of privacy for Growl to have access to everyone's passwords like that.
radbag

Post by radbag »

Wow. That's crazy and a total invasion of privacy for Growl to have access to everyone's passwords like that.

did you get the email from me on password change?
UFgirlfan07

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

Yup. So did Joey.
radbag

Post by radbag »

good.

thanks.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

with your new password.

something drastic had to be done to ensure that your BA password was not the same as your GC password...it's just come to light that growl has access to everyones passwords on GC...make a long story short, he sent me an email saying that they registered 'radbag' for me on GC and all i had to do was use it...my password was 'jetersux' - this was the password i used to register all my aliases with...that shit is fucked up.

i didn't want to take a chance with those who might have the same passwords so i change them all...doc z is looking into the possibility of password protecting the forums so that we can have our unique logins and passords again.

told you guys that growl was a scumbag...all he needs to do is go down our memberlist and see who is here and try their passwords that correspond to their GC account...that simple.

sorry for the inconvenience...i would suggest we keep this new password for the time being for security purposes and PLEASE spread the word around to your fellow BPers...a mass email has been sent out to the email addresses you've provided.

thanks.

uhh.....rad...???

radbag

Post by radbag »

my paranoia may or may not be getting the best of me...i just want to be sure.

i wouldn't put it past growl to have CHANGED an email address of a user he hacked to one he owns for the purposes of getting correspondence like this. maybe that's a reach but not out of the realm.
radbag

Post by radbag »

BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers, BAers,
efbart

Post by efbart »

I'm here.

If it becomes necessary, at some point in the future, that a history of this great cyber war be written...I would like to volunteer my services.
radbag

Post by radbag »

a wiki page at the very least effie.
UFGirlluvr

Post by UFGirlluvr »

I changed mine to make it different than my GC password about 3 weeks ago when all this came about. Nice heads up though Rad and I think Ef could atleast do a visual interpretation of the drama that has unfolded
radbag

Post by radbag »

again - this was for the benefit of all of us...couldn't take a chance with those who are not as frequently visiting us to know that they should change.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

focked up. that is all.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

I'm here.

If it becomes necessary, at some point in the future, that a history of this great cyber war be written...I would like to volunteer my services.

If I remember correctly, you came over to GC in the first place because you were doing some grad school work and you were researching the message board culture/community, no?

so you're already going to be writing about this, no?

MinGator

Post by MinGator »

i seem to remember that as well.
efbart

Post by efbart »

Originally I came to the boards looking for Gator fans that had grown up in Athens/Bulldog country, Ga. I had an idea of writing a book about people like me, Tallahassee, who were Gator fans who'd grown up surrounded by Bulldogs, or Bama fans in Auburn, Volunteers in Tuscaloosa, etc. My bright idea was to announce myself and my purpose on the message board and wait to collect anacdotes...instead I got flamed! Of course. :)

Don't think there haven't been a lot jokes between me and JC about writing a message board book...the material is certainly there...boatloads of it.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Have at it ef...just make sure you glamourize the IHate character. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif[/img]

DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Nice jorb, rad. Sorry I didn't get the email sooner, but my son is sick and I'm at home with him.

The password change didn't take for me, because I'm the super-admin and you can't change mine, but I already have a unique password anyway.

I'm going to see if I can lock the entire site with a master password.
UFGirlluvr

Post by UFGirlluvr »

wow that was fun
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Done. I have emailed everyone with the "master" login and password required to even access the site. This is separate from your username and password.

It should protect us from anyone even seeing the login screen.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

I'm in - thanks for the update.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
efbart

Post by efbart »

I'm in again.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

in again.
G8RKyle

Post by G8RKyle »

I'm back.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Dang, no wonder I couldn't do crap with the board from work. Good thing I decided to take a mental health day today after I got my one appointment out of the way.