GC "thanks matt" thread

Speaking of anal sex, where's vanders?
radbag

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by radbag »

I was thinkikng about Growls post last night where he said Solari said the Pub is the most important forum to Gator Country...oh really? That shows what kind of business people they are if they don't think the paid subscriber boards are not more important. I mean, I wouldn't be paying $100 a year to read about Pam and Bill's flirting, post in a word association thread, or see Lindsey Lohan on the beach. But that's me.

i believe it to be the case and this is why.

when you're affiliated with a big platform like scout/rivals, your audience is naturally bigger and you've got a greater opportunity to snag traffic if you've got something like the pub drawing for you....the pub drew a lot of traffic believe it or not based on the content of that board...pictures, links, etc...what happens then is you've got people linking the pubs threads to their own 'pubs', maybe emailing links as well and you've got mega traffic and mass advertisement...

now WITHOUT the multi-collegiate platform like scout/rivals, you can't rely on a wisconsin badger leaving their home board to check out the pub any longer...solari has to rely on people who are interested in gator country solely for content of everything gator and the pub is now no longer the draw that it once was...the pub is now the afterthought or a bonus place that you get with your registration....let's face it, the majority of people registering the last several months was probably us...that's it.

so effectively - matt leaving is not a worry for solari/growl...had they still been with a larger network, i would believe they would want him still there...it'd be real important to have him still there...they won't be ruffling matts feathers if they were still with scout...if you don't appease him (like they did and had all along), you run the risk of making the pub stagnant and that would not help draw viewership to the florida site of the network....now that they're independent, they needn't have to appease a guy that they don't actually like...they'd rather have 50 threads about support the military, what's your favorite church song, and post your favorite tear jerker movie thread....so you see, going independent made matt expendable...after all, it IS true your point you make about $100 subsribers running the show now...they pay the bills...everything is geared towards quality and swift content...the pub is an after thought...it is no longer needed and it's surely not going to attract a $100 paying gator...there are no revenues generated in the pub...it's extra bandwidth...

could the pub's closing be imminent?
a1bion

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by a1bion »

Man, if they close the Pub, it'll be backing to raiding the Texas Tech boards.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Man, if they close the Pub, it'll be backing to raiding the Texas Tech boards.

*cough*TCU*cough*

a1bion

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by a1bion »

That's right--TCU. Heck, Texas Tech might actually have activity on their boards.
MinGator

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by MinGator »

poor TCU.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
radbag

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by radbag »

for those not in the know....

we coordinated an AWAY day from the pub and decided we do it on the TCU board. it was the most activity that board has ever experienced...we even had some osu fans come and join the fun...we may have to make it a tradition and do it again...not necessarily TCU but we should hit the first bowl games participants... [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lmao.gif[/img] ... we had a game thread, a boring thread, and a word thread going too....all that good shit.
a1bion

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by a1bion »

The TCU raid was one of THE shining moments of the Pub. Man, that was a riot (although it got a little weird when rock kept going over there and talking to himself).
radbag

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by radbag »

we should all have our scout logins ready for the first bowl game.
a1bion

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by a1bion »

Werd. What makes the TCU board thing even funnier is that they started an entire thread about it on tOSU's board, with most of them saying that was proof what douchebags we were and a few who actually got the joke. They really didn't like us by the end, what with the thread welcoming The Ohio University and all the goofs we threw at them.
MinGator

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by MinGator »

THE Ohio University [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lmao.gif[/img] their reactions to that still make me chuckle.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
radbag

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by radbag »

wow - just checked out the TCU board...G8RMatt is their new mod.
a1bion

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by a1bion »

I triple dog dare one of you who still has access to GC to post the link to the thread welcoming G8rMatt to the TCU board over on the "Thanks, Matt" thread, with something like, "Hey, looks like Matt's modding a new board!"

Edit: Here's the link to make it easy: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=360#s=36 ... &t=1272030
radbag

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by radbag »

should i edit the content on the TCU post first?
a1bion

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by a1bion »

Why? I gave it five stars.
TTBHG

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by TTBHG »

That is the funniest thing ever. Looks like a job for Bingo_Bangov3.0.
I am the law, bitches!
radbag

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by radbag »

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/rock.gif[/img]
radbag

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by radbag »

no one in the pub'll understand the joke or significance unfortunately.
a1bion

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by a1bion »

I think the right people would get it.
TTBHG

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by TTBHG »

I do not evern remember what my Scout password was or I would go over and welcome him. I may have to make up a new ID or at least request my password.
I am the law, bitches!
radbag

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by radbag »

^^^ just to be clear, if you do that, it'll be all out in the open that you're with us here....meaning to say that there's been no connection between you and i and you participating just gives outsiders food for that thought.
TTBHG

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by TTBHG »

You guys should register EVERY banned named from GC on Scout and welcome him. Then link it over in the Pub after he has like 20 welcomes, all of which were banned by Growl. That would be so damn funny.
I am the law, bitches!
a1bion

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by a1bion »

Capital idea. I'll get on that tonight.
annarborgator

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by annarborgator »

wtf? you're nuts rad. LMMFAO.

to be clear...he's not actually the mod right? i just sat through 5 straight hours of class (2 of which were legal drafting) and my mind is fucking mush.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
G8rMom7

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by G8rMom7 »

You guys are nuts.
Okay, let's try this!

apexgator

GC "thanks matt" thread

Post by apexgator »

You guys should register EVERY banned named from GC on Scout and welcome him. Then link it over in the Pub after he has like 20 welcomes, all of which were banned by Growl. That would be so damn funny.

I'll post it after all the banned people welcome him.