"Just Kidding," Say Kentucky Fans Who Believed They Would Beat Florida

Fuckbeans.
The Unsportsmanlike Gentleman

"Just Kidding," Say Kentucky Fans Who Believed They Would Beat Florida

Post by The Unsportsmanlike Gentleman »

Following Florida's 24-7 win over Kentucky, many Wildcats fans backtracked on their original belief that their team would beat the Gators. "I think I speak for all Kentucky fans when I say, just kidding!" said Kentucky fan, Darnell Bishop. "C'mon, do you really think we believed they would win? Of course not! That's silly. You're silly. Did I say they would win? Who really knows these days? Once words are spoken, they're lost in the wind forever. No one remembers silly things."

Kentucky's message board community, however, did not have the luxury of spoken words being lost to the wind as their proclamations of victory are forever carved into the internet like the initials of two lovers on a tree trunk.

"Sorry, but we were trolling, bro, and Gator fans fell for it. Joke's on them! I wish they coulda seen how riled up they got. Kentucky's terrible. We know our place. Football's just passing the time until basketball season. We'd all have to be a bunch of idiots to think we would beat them," posted CatsPause user, CatsGonnaBeatUFNotTrolling, who forgot to change his username before posting.

With the season ending injuries to Jeff Driskel and Dominique Easley, the trendy upset pick heading into Saturday was that the Wildcats would end their 26 game losing streak to the Gators, but many forgot that the rest of Florida's team was still breathing and that Kentucky is Kentucky.

One Kentucky fan was brave enough to own up to his silly prediction before the game that the Wildcats would win. "You're damn right I said they would win and I'm man enough to admit it unlike the rest of these so called 'fans,'" said Richard Warner.

"Look, we've sucked for so long and Coach (Fredo) Stoops has brought some excitement to our program. He may turn out to be another terrible coach, but I'm optimistic about the future. But it doesn't matter what we do as fans because we get mocked by everyone regardless. If we don't show any excitement then we're just apathetic fans waiting for basketball. If we do show excitement, then everyone considers us delusional idiots who cheer for an awful team. So yeah, I said they would beat Florida because I believe in these kids no matter what, dammit! I'm proud to be a Kentucky fan!" Warner was then laughed and pointed at by a passing group of Florida fans.

Notes: ESPNU announcer Matt Stinchcomb will go before congress today to make his case on why Jabari Gorman's hit on Alexander Montgomery in the third quarter was targeting...Will Muschamp said after the game that, "one does not simply walk into Commonwealth Stadium and walk out with a win. No, you can stumble in and back flip out with one."...Tyler Murphy did not attempt a pass to a tight end, which shows he has a firm grasp of the offense...Florida plays at home next weekend vs. Arkansas. Bret Beliema will be tailgating by the Century Tower if anyone wants to do some keg stands with the Hogs coach.

Courtesy of The Unsportsmanlike Gentleman