Chat feature

You got a problem? Tell us.
G8Rpmc

Chat feature

Post by G8Rpmc »

I tried to use the chat feature to see if it would work and it didn't. If you saw the thread on the Gen. discussion forum, you know that it worked for Mom7.

I checked the "status" and it says I'm connected, but when I try to type in a message, no letters show. I guess that means no message can be sent.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I love living in Florida.
radbag

Chat feature

Post by radbag »

i haven't a clue...z is the man with these type of things...i'll email him in the am
G8Rpmc

Chat feature

Post by G8Rpmc »

Thanks rad. I remember that ICQ or whatever was installed on one of my older computers with Windows. Maybe I need to download the program to make it work correctly. I have a MAC now.

???
DocZaius

Chat feature

Post by DocZaius »

No you don't need ICQ. It ought to work.
G8Rpmc

Chat feature

Post by G8Rpmc »

I just tried it again and it didn't work. I'll try to figure this out on my end. I am still not very adept at using this MAC.

Kyle knows much about this (MACS) and maybe he can help me. Thanks!
G8Rpmc

Chat feature

Post by G8Rpmc »

Okay...this is so weird. I have no idea what I did, but it is working now! All I did was open it up in a different window (right clicked on the BA pic and opened up chat in a different window) and it worked. Then I closed that window, went to chat from the forum window, and it worked again.

How do it know?

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_smile.gif[/img] I'm in![img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d68/G8Rpmc/redheadcrazyeyes.gif[/img]
Now if I can just find someone to chat with, other than myself!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Chat feature

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Suggestion for future chat functions:

some kind of notification that a post has been made. AIM flashes the window thing on the taskbar at the bottom for example. I usually pull up the chat in a separate window and check every so often to see if someone joined in. However, usually I end up missing someone post. If that's possible that would be a welcome addition.

DocZaius

Chat feature

Post by DocZaius »

Suggestion for future chat functions:

some kind of notification that a post has been made. AIM flashes the window thing on the taskbar at the bottom for example. I usually pull up the chat in a separate window and check every so often to see if someone joined in. However, usually I end up missing someone post. If that's possible that would be a welcome addition.

Sorry that I've been slacking on this lately. I've been real busy. I will look for a plugin that has this feature.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Chat feature

no worries - just a suggestion I kept thinking about but forgetting to actually suggest.

IHateUGAlyDawgs

Chat feature

Doc,

now you see what I was referring to - i just saw you had stopped into the chat room for a few minutes. I was busy doing other shit on the computer and didn't notice.