Spurrier zings Urban Liar

Fuckbeans.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Dang, but I miss SOS coaching the Gators.

"The only thing I know, back in 2008, I think Florida had the No. 1 class, and two years later, that No. 1 class drove Urban Meyer to retirement. Of course, he came back a year later and he's an excellent coach, but I know later there were comments that that No. 1 class just didn't pan out. Of course, it usually pans out at Alabama every year. But, again, recruiting is extremely important, but after they get there is really what's most important."

http://coachingsearch.com/home/2438-ste ... ement.html
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

It only hurts because it's the truth.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Gotta love the Old Ball Coach:

http://coachingsearch.com/home/2438-ste ... ement.html
"Well, I have my usual workout at about 10:30 a.m. to 11:30, quarter to 12:00, something like that. Then came back and checked on the faxes," Spurrier said. "I think all of them were in, except maybe one that we weren't sure of. That was about it. Made a few calls here and there, called a few of the guys that came with us, so that's about what I do.

"You're not going to see me doing a whole bunch of rah-rah-ing on signing day. I don't think I ever have too much. But it's an important day. I'm not trying to sound like it's not important. But we'd rather make our noise out here in Williams-Brice on game day. That's where we prefer making our noise rather than on signing day. But we're fired up about these guys. Don't get me wrong. It's a good, solid class. But the real noise, I think, is on game days."

The Gamecocks' class was ranked No. 21 in the composite rankings, which is very respectable. But when you realize it was No. 8 in the SEC, it puts things in perspective. But again, Spurrier is more worried about what he does with the players, rather than who he gets.

"When you're watching that TV today, you're saying, 'Man, I'm glad I'm in the eastern side instead of in the western side (of the SEC).' But, yeah, that recruiting can be a little deceiving at times. You never know what you've got until you really, really play it out and so forth.

"The only thing I know, back in 2008, I think Florida had the No. 1 class, and two years later, that No. 1 class drove Urban Meyer to retirement. Of course, he came back a year later and he's an excellent coach, but I know later there were comments that that No. 1 class just didn't pan out. Of course, it usually pans out at Alabama every year. But, again, recruiting is extremely important, but after they get there is really what's most important."
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Dude...really? *shakes head*

*critter* :)
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Shit man, one of our old members returns to the fold and THIS is how I treat him?

Welp. That's just how I roll, I guess.