Tim Tebow ripped by New York Jets: 'He's terrible'

In 2010 a crack commando quarterback was sent to Denver by the NFL, but the Broncos wouldn't commit. This quarterback subsequently escaped from a maximum security stadium in New York to a life of relative leisure in Massachusetts. Today, still wanted by an insufferable fanbase and moronic media whores, he survive as a soldier of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire Tim Tebow.
radbag

Post by radbag »

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... s-terrible

So much for any hope Rex Ryan had of spending a quiet week with reporters discussing his team's next opponent.

Several players and other Jets employees were extremely critical of backup quarterback Tim Tebow's abilities in a New York Daily News story on Wednesday, with a starter on the Jets defense even calling Tebow "terrible."

Beat writer Manish Mehta wrote that he talked to "more than a dozen Jets players and members of the organization" about Tebow's potential to get more out of the disappointing Jets offense than struggling starter Mark Sanchez. The answers were not positive."We don't look at him as a quarterback," one starter said. "He's the Wildcat guy."

Left guard Matt Slauson, the only person willing to be quoted in the story being critical of his teammate, dismissed Tebow and third-string quarterback Greg McElroy.

"It's not even close," Slauson said. "All the other quarterbacks know it. I have all the confidence in Mark. We don't really have a choice."

One source, described as "a prominent member of the organization," didn't sound like he expected to see Tebow under center this season.

"It would take extreme poor play. ... like a five-interception game. Something where it was just ridiculous," he said.

Another veteran starter was asked if the team could win with Tebow as its starting quarteback. He asked the reporter if he "had to" answer the question.

Many in the media continue to clamor for Ryan to bench Sanchez in favor of Tebow. This even though the coach has given no indication that he's even considering such a move, neither verbally with reporters nor in his play calling thus far in a 3-6 season. Tebow comes in for a Wildcat play, gains a few yards, then jogs back to the sideline in favor of Sanchez. That's all the braintrust of Ryan and offensive coordinator Tony Sparano has been able to come up with so far.

For his part, the former Denver Broncos backup, who took over Denver's starting job after several games last season before coming to the Jets in an offseason trade, has handled the situation with class.

Sanchez has been a stand-up guy too, but he's done little on the field to inspire all his defenders.

"Look at some of the players he's throwing to," a Jets official said, according to Mehta. "It's garbage."

Oh by the way, the Jets play the Rams in St. Louis on Sunday. In case anyone was wondering.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

I just don't understand. If they don't want to use him, why did they buy him?
radbag

Post by radbag »

media-circus?
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Maybe. I think everyone knows that Tebow isn't a great NFL quarterback. But's he's got some good skills that could be put to good use by a competent manager/coach.

Furthermore, I don't get how the other players on his team are talking shit about him - who does that? I'm thinking that the Jets' problem isn't a quarterback problem.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Agree with Doc on everything. As I have always said, Fuck The Jets! I never understood that trade from Denver. Trade him to Jacksonville.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

The New York Jets seem like a teams of a bunch of dicks. Their problems are much more that QB. I'm not sure why the hell they got him either if they aren't even going to try and use him.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

You're a pussy when you play on one of the worst defenses in the league and you're taking anonymous shots at the backup QB.
I am the law, bitches!
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Agreed. Play him or trade him.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
radbag

Post by radbag »

highest paid decoy in the history of the NFL
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Wasn't there another QB taken in the first round of that draft where the Jets took Mark Sanchez? Sanchez was taken, what, fifth or something? I seem to remember some other QB taken around 17th or so. Real tall kid out of Kansas State, I think. How's that guy doing these days?