Fuck it - I'm moving to Switzerland.

We are often imitated, but never duplicated. If you are looking to have fun and relax this is the place for you. Cuttlefish from all walks of life retreat here for tales and buttplugs. Gator or not you are welcome here if you want to have fun, relax and earn MASSIVE REP STARS!!1! Step right on in, folks, and savor the circlejerk.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505125_162- ... ilds-boss/
Saws. The kind you buy at the hardware store to cut wood. That's what the play-group teacher dumped on the ground for 3- and 4-year-old kids to play with. Knowing that doing this, in the U.S., would result in the teacher being, at minimum, fired and most likely charged with child endangerment, I had visions of emergency room trips and severed limbs dancing through my mind.But this happened not in the U.S. but in Switzerland, where they believe children are capable of handling saws at age 3 and where kindergarten teachers counsel parents to let their 4- and 5-year-olds walk to school alone. "Children have pride when they can walk by themselves," the head of the Münchenstein, Switzerland, Kindergartens said last week at a parents meeting, reminding those in attendance that after the first few weeks of school children should be walking with friends, not mom.

The leadership at many American companies were raised in a similar way to the Swiss children in my neighborhood. Boys had pocket knives. Everyone rode bikes to school.Kids started babysitting other children at 11- or 12-years-old. Now? We coddle and protect and argue with teachers when our little darlings receive anything worse than an A on a paper.

The result? Well, the preliminary results from this method of parenting are hitting the workforce now. They are poor communicators who insist onusing text-speak. Their mothers are calling employers. They believe they should be given rewards and promotions for the act of showing up to work on time.
If this trend in the U.S. continues, American children will become more crippled in their ability to make their own decisions (mom is always around), manage risk (at what age do you become magically able to use a saw?) or overcome a setback (you learn nothing when mom and dad sue the school district to get your grade changed).

By contrast, my son learns about risk management every week. He'll be in a school system that has no qualms about holding a child back if he doesn't understand the material. And "helicopter" parenting? Not tolerated by the schools or the other mothers at the playground.
This kind of shit goes hand-in-hand with not letting our kids get dirty, and the subsequent development of allergies and weak immune systems.

What the fuck is wrong with this country? Goddamn lawyers.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

LOL...yep it's all the lawyers fault. I think I fall somewhere in the middle between letting four year old's play with saws and allowing my 12 year old to babysit her brothers and sisters. Isn't it Switzerland or is it Sweden (I get those mixed up a lot) that requires everyone to own a gun? Or something like that?
Okay, let's try this!

DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

It's Switzerland, and every household is required to keep a military style assault rifle due to militia service.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

I'm in, lets move!
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.