Opening Day for Baseball

Fuckbeans.
a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

Man. That's an interesting question, that list. I'm assuming A-Rod is #2 and either Ichiro or the Big Unit is #3?

Ichiro was number three, Edgar Martinez was number two.
UFGirlluvr

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by UFGirlluvr »

My brother was at the Sox game today and he is going to Wrigley tomm to see our beloved Reds get stomped by the Cubbies. Edgar was a stud of a hitter back in the day.
a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

Went to the Rays game tonight. They lost, 5-4, but so did the BoSox, so the Rays keep their lead intact. Great game, except that for the second night in a row, the umps were injecting themselves into the game. The crowd was letting them hear it.

Rays take the series from the Angels.
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

mets playin the phillies in a first place showdown have been up big all game ... as certain as the sun rises and the sun sets, the phillies rally as soon as pedro leaves and they wind up scoring the tying run in the 9th to send it to extra innings.....FUCK! the bullpen has really sucked the cock lately.
RickySlade

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by RickySlade »

How many innings per start are they getting out of Pedro these days?
(Tipping a waitress) Here's fifty bucks; take this in case I get drunk and call you a bitch later.
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

barely 5
UFgirlfan07

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

Go Phillies! :)
Toothy

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Toothy »

FUCK! the bullpen has really sucked the cock lately.

In keeping with the primary tradition of the Mets.
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

13th inning here we come...utley strikes out after going 3-0...burrell pops out to go 0-7 on the night and howard strikes out looking...oh my
UFgirlfan07

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

Yeah, but we won. Back on top!!!
a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

Hey Hater, what do you think of the Braves dealing Kotsay to the Red Sox?

I was hoping he'd go to the Phillies, but oh well.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Hey Hater, what do you think of the Braves dealing Kotsay to the Red Sox?

I was hoping he'd go to the Phillies, but oh well.

they gave up on the year when they dealt Tex. I'm in "wait and see" mode with this trade. In other words, I'll wait to see who they get out of it and who they get to replace Kotsay in the offseason. I'm curious as to whether this organization is going to try and compete or if we're going to become the Texas Rangers of the NL (not complete bottom feeders, but never really good, either).

Toothy

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Toothy »

the Texas Rangers of the NL (not complete bottom feeders, but never really good, either).

Listen to this guy. A streak of 14 straight divisional crowns ends like two hours ago and already they're "never really good."
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

I said "curious to see if we become" Toothy. I didn't say there were there yet. However, from what I've seen so far from this ownership group, I'm not impressed.

a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

Holy cow, Cal Ripken Jr is at the Rays game tonight. He just spent the fourth inning sitting with the broadcasters and giving a great interview, reflecting on his career. How cool!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

a1...is it on ION or FSN?

a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

It's on Ion here.

I looked it up on Google and looks like Ripken is in town because he's part of an investors group that's buying the Rays' single A team in Vero Beach. Awesome!
a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

Here's the official story (this has me jacked):

ST. PETERSBURG -- The Rays and Ripken Baseball announced on Wednesday that together they have purchased the team that plays in Vero Beach, Fla. The team -- which will serve as the Rays' Class A affiliate in the Florida State League -- will play in Port Charlotte starting in 2009.
"Florida is a baseball hotbed and we have been anxious to have a base of operations here for some time," Cal Ripken, president and CEO of Ripken Baseball, said. "When the opportunity to partner with the Rays presented itself, we jumped at it."

Although Ripken acknowledged that Minor League Baseball is about selling a family product, the former Major Leaguer was equally optimistic in creating a successful team.

"It's awfully great when you have good players, good prospects you can sell," Ripken said. "We're not in for the short term. We're in it for the long term, so we're looking forward to that."

Ripken said he will be an active and visible part in the new team and Ripken Baseball has hired Joe Hart to serve as the team's general manager. Hart was formerly the GM at the Nashville Sounds, the Triple-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers in the Pacific Coast League.

Full season seat packages (70 games) start at $285 and the team is taking deposits for seating now. Those interested should call (866) 272-9789. Single game pricing as well as smaller ticket plans will be announced at a later time.

"We are thrilled to be partnering with Cal Ripken and Ripken Baseball on this unique venture," Rays president Matt Silverman said. "Ripken Baseball is an established and proven Minor League operator and the Ripken name is synonymous with success."

Prior to Wednesday's Rays game, Ripken was equally impressed with the success of the Major League club.

"I think it's marvelous," Ripken, who threw out a ceremonial first pitch, said of the Rays' success. "There's a lot of energy. They're the talk of the nation."

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd ... p&c_id=mlb
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

2 outs in the top of the ninth, no one on...mets down by one...castillo gets a hit, wright gets a hit, delgado gets hit with greggs first pitch delivered...beltran gets up and BLASTS one into the upper deck.

did you see it urap?
Toothy

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Toothy »

Man, Hater, are your Braves the Nationals' bitch or what? They can't beat anyone, but Atlanta comes to town, and all of a sudden the Nationals find a way.
TheTodd

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TheTodd »

Well, I imagine that if any team lost their entire starting rotation then they would also suck pretty bad.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
UFgirlfan07

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

Phillies win AGAIN today. Now I just need the Mets to lose some. Sorry Manny!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

Man, Hater, are your Braves the Nationals' bitch or what? They can't beat anyone, but Atlanta comes to town, and all of a sudden the Nationals find a way.

well yes...yes they are.

and the mets, and the marlins, and the phillies, and the pirates, and the cubs, and the cardinals, and the...well...you get the point.

radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

braves will beat the Mets this year.

want to re-do the bet we had last year, Manny?

Braves win the NL East, then I win...Mets win the NL East you win...any one else...draw.

how much?

I think we had a case of beer at the BA Gathering on it...I'm game for that...I could always be game to increase the bet pending on what kind of job I end up landing.

what kind of job did you get hater? lol
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

No job. You may have to wait on that case, lol.