Opening Day for Baseball

Fuckbeans.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

I doubt it. If they don't make a run, they will trade him off before the deadline to get some prospects back. No wa they traded all of those prospects for a three month run. Small market teams can't operate like that.

supposedly they've got one of the deepest farm systems in the league right now so they could afford to lose a few (especially LaPorta who was behind Hardy, Braun, and Fielder). Plus, I'm pretty sure they get a couple more draft picks if CC decides to sign elsewhere after the season.

TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

You don't build that great a farm system and do that good of job to piss most of it away in one bad trade. I could be wrong but if you get to the end of July and they are 6-8 games back. C.C. is on the market. Book it.

Especially since they are not going to be able to resign him.
I am the law, bitches!
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

The Yankees make me sick this year. They are so hot and cold. Rays are having that first slide, I was waiting for this, I really want to see how they bounce back. Mets are looking good, Rad.
I am the law, bitches!
a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

Yep, Rays are definitely in a slide. They were talking on the radio yesterday about how it coincides with our shortstop, Jason Bartlett, going on the DL. Bartlett isn't what you would consider a big star, but the guy plays like a monster. Defensively, he doesn't let anything by him and there've been a number of balls hit past his replacements that he would have been all over. Offensively, he puts the ball in play, he steals bases, and he runs well. Not using that as an excuse, because the entire team has seemed listless this week, but you don't realize how big a role a guy like that plays until he isn't on the field.

All Star break couldn't come at a better time for the Rays. We should be getting Bartlett and Percy back and it's a good time to just give the other guys a mental break.
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

rays losers of 7

mets winners of 9
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

Rays still with a better record, though.

Silver lining for Braves: win 2 of 3 on the road in last series before break...reality check: it was against the Padres.

TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

Good news, Folks. The Yanks signed Richie Sexson. Awesome. We needed another guy batting .218. Wild-card, here we come, not.
I am the law, bitches!
a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

MC Hammer is doing a concert at the Trop after the Rays game Saturday night. I actually wish I had tickets for it. Sounds like it would be hilariously awesome.
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

4.5 out. Three weeks ago the Yankees were 9.5 out. Are the wheels coming off, J?
I am the law, bitches!
a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

Nope. We're back in first place. Won two out of three over the weekend, while the Red Sox got swept. It's all good after that little slide just before the break.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

4.5 out. Three weeks ago, the Yankees were 9.5 out. Are the wheels coming off, J?
I'm not who you were asking, but I'll answer anyway...

you can look at it however you want. You can look at it as the Rays have lost 8 of 10 and the wheels are coming off...

or...

The Rays had a 7 game slide and then used the all-star break to regroup and won their first series coming out of the gate.

The picture will probably be more clear after this next week or two.

IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

Though if you were to ask that question about the Braves, the answer would be no...the wheels aren't coming off.

At this point, they're working on the axels.

a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

Noticed that the Yanks are going to be playing at Fenway this weekend. As long as the Rays take care of business, that looks like a win-win to me.
Toothy

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Toothy »

Out in Arizona: Rich Hardon vs. the Big Unit. Goose eggs through five and the Dbacks don't have a, you know.
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

guess who's in first place of the MF homerun fantasy league? guess? :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

Rays 105
Yanks 97
Mets 95
I am the law, bitches!
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

3.5 games back. 3 games back in the wildcard. If the Yanks can win tonight and win the series against boston, I think they could actually be atop the AL East standings by next weekend.
I am the law, bitches!
TheTodd

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TheTodd »

guess who's in first place of the MF homerun fantasy league? guess? :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Yeah, I got tired of being 20 runs in front of everyone and put some players on the DL so you could catch up to make it interesting.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

Yeah, I got tired of being 20 runs in front of everyone and put some players on the DL so you could catch up to make it interesting.

you're going to be my OSU by the end of it.
a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

Congrats to TT's Yanks on just absolutely beating the shit out of the Red Sahks last night. I think you may have made Jonny Papelbon cry.
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

Glad we could help. Get your broom out!
I am the law, bitches!
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

uggla should have been charged w/3 errors.....so far.
Toothy

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Toothy »

Took the folks to see Phillies v. Nationals last night. The better team won. Sloppy defense and baserunning. Utley cranked one out of right field for a 2-0 lead, and two runs beats the Nationals. Saw Lo Duca get his ass run to shreds in a rundown: that guy is a complete stiff. The Mets had a great day when DC picked him up.

Other than that jack, Colin Balester was pretty good. Kid's 22. The Nats should have a pretty great pitching staff by 2010. But we gotta stop trying to build a franchise on castoff landfill (Felipe Lopez, Austin Kearns, Paul Lo Duca, Wily Mo Pena, Aaron Boone, Dmitri Young).

Nationals Park is OK, not great, but it beats crumbling old RFK. One day that bouncing upper deck is gonna come down on the lower deck, and then they might not use RFK anymore.
a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

The announcers on ESPN tonight are talking about a rumor that Manny Ramirez could be dealt to the Marlins.

urap, thoughts?
urapnes

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by urapnes »

no way manny comes to the marlins. who would we give up for him? and how would the marlins keep him? i know it's being talked about, but personally, i think money and prospects could be spent wiser, like for catcher and bullpen.

my opinion, marlins should do nothing, our catching situation is not good, but we have such good talent coming back in josh johnson and anibel sanchez, volstad seems like a viable starter...right there it's like trading for 3 arms.

trades are exciting, fans like them, if only because it's something new. but in this case, unless the fish can get a veteran catcher cheap, i say play with what we got and lets tango.