Opening Day for Baseball

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

the DH rule is bogus.
concur.

TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

the DH rule is bogus.

I agree, David Ortiz does suck donkey balls.
I am the law, bitches!
Toothy

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Toothy »

Mets skipper Willie Randolph is outta there!!!

Best thing ever to happen to Willie Randolph.
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

Wang is gonna be out 6 weeks min. What a pussy. Who tears a tendon running bases?

Now he will be out until Sept. That probably cost the Yankees the Wild Card.
I am the law, bitches!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

Rays make the playoffs!

TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

Here are some "Are you fucking kidding me" quotes.

"My only message is simple. The National League needs to join the 21st century," Steinbrenner said in Tampa, Fla. "They need to grow up and join the 21st century.

"Am I [mad] about it? Yes," Steinbrenner added. "I've got my pitchers running the bases, and one of them gets hurt. He's going to be out. I don't like that, and it's about time they address it. That was a rule from the 1800s."
Um, George, they're, um, professional athletes.

Steinbrenner said for now, the Yankees probably will have to look within the organization to find a replacement in the rotation for Wang. Right-hander Dan Giese is one possibility.
Oh goody. Dan Giese. I can't be happier.

"It's a manager's worst nightmare when a pitcher's on a basepath," Yankees manager Joe Girardi said after Sunday's victory. "It's unfortunate."
Um, Joe, they're, um, professional athletes.

"We don't hit, we don't run the bases," Mussina said. "You get four or five at-bats a year at most, and if you happen to get on base once or twice, you never know. We run in straight lines most of the time. Turning corners, you just don't do that[/size]."
This one really gets me. I am a huge Yankees fan and I love Moose but I would have punched him in the face if I was standing in the room when he made this comment. You are a professional athlete for fuck's sake and you can't turn corners? I have a three year old nephew that can run the bases and you grown fucking men can't turn corners! Are you shitting me?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3446851
I am the law, bitches!
texgator

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by texgator »

That's funny stuff right there. Yet another reason why I hate baseball.
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

american league pitchers are dbags.

they can throw at batters knowing full well they aint gonna catch the heat from the retribution directly cause they don't step into the batters box like national league pitchers do.

9 guys field, 9 guys should hit...a DH is like saying, fuck the 9th guy...he sucks at batting therefore he's not worthy of contributing on the offense side of the ledger.
a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

I would think it would be kinda funny watching Jabba turn the corners.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

American League Pitchers = NFL Kickers.

TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

Yeah, all of those NL pitchers batting .112 are really helping their teams aren't they?
I am the law, bitches!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

Yeah, all of those NL pitchers batting .112 are really helping their teams aren't they?
at least they aren't too pussy to try.

TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

at least they aren't too pussy to try.

Jimmy, the only reason the NL pitchers bat is because they have to. It isn't like they all got together last year and walked out until MLB gave them the right to hit. A bunch of martyrs those NL pitchers are. If you gave all the NL pitchers the personal choice to hit, very, very few would continue doing it.
I am the law, bitches!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

now hang on....

which do you prefer? The DH? Or Pitcher's batting?

TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

now hang on....

which do you prefer? The DH? Or Pitcher's batting?

I prefer the DH and it is purely selfish. I like offense and I admire good hitting. Nothing pains me more than to see NL pitcher after pitcher get embarrassed while batting. There are a handful that are good hitters but the rest just make themselves look bad. How many times do you see the pitcher whirl around in a circle when batting? Lots.

Either make them spend more time in the cage and become proficient or just quit making them do it.
I am the law, bitches!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

see I prefer the Pitcher Batting. It makes the manager less irrelevant that way.

urapnes

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by urapnes »

there is no game management in the american league. no double switches, no decisions on whether to leave a pitcher in with 1 out in the 7th when he's getting gassed because he's due up on the bottom of hte next inning, there's nothing to managing an american league game. get the line up card and take pitchers out when struggling or you want a specific match-up.
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

there is no game management in the american league. no double switches, no decisions on whether to leave a pitcher in with 1 out in the 7th when he's getting gassed because he's due up on the bottom of hte next inning, there's nothing to managing an american league game. get the line up card and take pitchers out when struggling or you want a specific match-up.

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. Everyone in the park including the ground's crew, the TV guys and even my grandma could make pitching decisions. Double switches are way over-rated. They usually are done just to be done. I have never seen a double switch done and everyone looked around like Jesus just parted the Seas.

I will give the NL credit for the game that they play though. I am a fan of smallball. I love the hit-and-runs, bunting runners over etc.
I am the law, bitches!
urapnes

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by urapnes »

the fact is there is a lot more strategy in national league games.

if pitchers want to increase their value, they can become descent hitters. braves pitchers in the 90's were masters when bunting, a lost art in my opinion. but in the american league, all you have to do is pitch and sit on the bench. no worries of standing on first base for an entire inning, not being able to rest. no worries of having to actually help your team with the bat.
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

the fact is there is a lot more strategy in national league games.

if pitchers want to increase their value, they can become descent hitters. braves pitchers in the 90's were masters when bunting, a lost art in my opinion. but in the american league, all you have to do is pitch and sit on the bench. no worries of standing on first base for an entire inning, not being able to rest. no worries of having to actually help your team with the bat.
Watching ANY big leaguer bunt is a joke anymore. I totally agree that it is a lost art and it is a shame to see how many can't do it properly.

As for the last part, again, how many ACTUALLY help? There are a few that produce, Zambrano from the Cubs comes to mind but 95% of the others either bunt or look silly trying just to make contact.

We shall agree to disagree....
I am the law, bitches!
newsgator

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by newsgator »

Don't make a mountain out of a mole hill. Everyone in the park including the ground's crew, the TV guys and even my grandma could make pitching decisions. Double switches are way over-rated. They usually are done just to be done. I have never seen a double switch done and everyone looked around like Jesus just parted the Seas.

I will give the NL credit for the game that they play though. I am a fan of smallball. I love the hit-and-runs, bunting runners over etc.
Moses?
Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

lol @ news.

TT, Micah Owings is another (diamondback's pitcher)

TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

Moses?

As a non religious man, shouldn't I get partial credit for at least knowing the seas were parted? Regardless of who did the said parting!
I am the law, bitches!
MinGator

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by MinGator »

in the MLB or church league softball?????
eat shit.
[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lol.gif[/img]
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

i'm not at all surprised that TT is a fan of the DH.

DH = TT = dick eaters.