Read the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

^^^bingo.

TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

How do you know?
I am the law, bitches!
radbag

Post by radbag »

and btw - there are real reasons why the movie industry films in canada

so i'm guessing people here are pissed off about the 246MM in tax credits getting turfed? i gotta laugh that people here are.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,487632,00.html

Rep. Jim Cooper, a conservative Democrat from Tennessee, told a liberal radio network on Sunday that the Obama White House encouraged him to defy House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on the $819 billion economic stimulus bill.

"Well, I probably shouldn’t tell you this, but I actually got some quiet encouragement from the Obama folks for what I’m doing," said Cooper, one of only 11 Democrats to vote against the economic stimulus plan that passed the House last week.

"They know its a messy bill and they wanted a clean bill," he said. "Now, I got in terrible trouble with our leadership because they don’t care what’s in the bill, they just want it to pass and they want it to be unanimous."

Cooper, whose startling admission came on Liberadio, was one of about 55 House Democrats to sign a letter criticizing Pelosi for suspending debate and committee rules on the fiscal package, politico.com reported.

"They don’t mind the partisan fighting cause that's what they are used to. In fact, they're really good at it — and they’re a little bit worried about what a post-partisan future might look like," Cooper said during the radio interview. "If members actually had to read the bills and figure out whether they are any good or not. We’re just told how to vote. We’re treated like mushrooms most of the time."

An early supporter of President Obama, Cooper is a member of the fiscally conservative Blue Dog Coalition of Democrats.
If this doesn't make you hate our current system, I don't know what will.

Obama made a HUGE mistake in letting the House leadership craft this bill.
radbag

Post by radbag »

hmmm.

curious as to how our BA dems'll approach this.

hey eric - is this guy cooper just an irrelevant d-bag or what? i'm sure he is though.
TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

You mistake me for a democrat Rad. I am neither a democrat nor a homer for Obama. What I am is someone who calls bullshit when I see it. I hate this stimulus bill but I think something needs to be done. I hated the banking and auto bailouts and would rather have let them go bankrupt for making poor business choices.

The reason I call bullshit on you is because all of the sudden you are high and mighty pointing out every detail of what is happening with Obama and any democrat around. I never heard you're yapping when your messiah was in office, not once. Apparently shit in this country was great two months ago and has gone to hell since.

The rest of these people might want to argue with you and play your dog and pony show. I don't have the time nor the patience to argue with someone that thinks they know everything and lives to point other people's faults.

Comments like.....
hey eric - is this guy cooper just an irrelevant d-bag or what? i'm sure he is though.
are not going to get you very far with me. You can post the article and ask my opinion but don't presume to know me or how I feel about anything.

When you can have a discussion like a grown up instead of pompous windbag then I will be happy to talk to you. Keep in mind that I told slider roughly the same thing many months ago. You people get such blind rage over politics that you can see no good in anything anyone tried to do.
I am the law, bitches!
radbag

Post by radbag »

hey slider - is this guy cooper just an irrelevant d-bag or what? i'm sure he is though.
radbag

Post by radbag »

and take a chill eric. no one's trying to show you up...relax bud.
TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

Go fuck yourself.
I am the law, bitches!
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Go fuck yourself.
Awww....does someone need a hug? Or their blankie?
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

Come on guys, let's not stoop to Too Hot levels here.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
radbag

Post by radbag »

Go fuck yourself.
it's ok.

leave him alone...he's been through a lot.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Come on guys, let's not stoop to Too Hot levels here.
You're right. We really should strive to keep it well above that level. It shouldn't be that difficult really. And Eric, Im sorry for baiting you.

G8rman is right.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Go fuck yourself.
:ohdear:
TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

Go fuck yourself.
it's ok.

leave him alone...he's been through a lot.
No, it's fine. I don't need to be left alone. You can go fuck yourself.
I am the law, bitches!
radbag

Post by radbag »

dude - you can stop trying...i'm not going to get baited in and insult you...not gonna happen

i realize all the sensitivities right now and my compassion is still there despite it all...chlll it bro.
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

Someone's got a poop cramp. ;D
Star Kings Forever!
radbag

Post by radbag »

should pass and the vote is scheduled to take place right now

do we really need 5.5BLN to 'green up' federal buildings
radbag

Post by radbag »

is it true that the 15K housing tax credit for those buying homes has been removed from the 'stimulus plan'?

why?

slider - can you comment?
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Lieberman says it's being cut to $7500.
http://www.reuters.com/article/governmentFilingsNews/idUSWAT01097420090211

I'm glad. It won't really help the economy in any meaningful way, IMO. Oh sure, it will give realtors a little more work and furniture stores will do a little better. But the issue we have with houses right now is that prices are too high. This won't do anything to solve that problem and since it's for new and existing homes it won't reduce inventory enough to stimulate any new construction...I just don't think it's worth the $$.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
radbag

Post by radbag »

^ it's a stimulus plan...that housing tax credit will STIMULATE buying homes won't it not? if you don't think so, would a 15K cut do the trick?

and btw wes - check again...pelosi turfed the 7.5K scale-back ENTIRELY.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

I'd rather see the Gov't possibly back an interest rate reduction from a current loan rate to some low number, say for arguments sake 2 or 3%. Split the difference with the bank between the monthly interest payment difference (they did make the loan, right?). The consumer sees a difference in their payment, freeing up monthly money that is more likely spent than a one time "stimulus" check or one time tax break.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

^ it's a stimulus plan...that housing tax credit will STIMULATE buying homes won't it not? if you don't think so, would a 15K cut do the trick?
Houses being bought and sold doesn't do much to solve the problem--prices must come DOWN. This has to happen over time and there's no reason to waste 30-40BILLION paying people to buy overpriced houses.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

Define overpriced. Homes like anything are worth what someone will pay. It's market driven.

And I would say a lot of home prices have fallen already.
radbag

Post by radbag »

Houses being bought and sold doesn't do much to solve the problem--prices must come DOWN. This has to happen over time and there's no reason to waste 30-40BILLION paying people to buy overpriced houses.
prices HAVE come down...and those in a position to buy aren't buying due to the CONFIDENCE phenomena i've written about already...15K in tax breaks is a stimulus imo...i also believe that there's STILL a lot of undeployed cash out there still waiting to be put to work...people have resources but are not confident in investing in anything big...a stimulus coming in the form of a 15K break could bring em out of the woodwork...i do acknowledge though that some would disagree with me on that one point...if i didn't believe that, i would agree with you in that buying homes would not help stimulate the economy.

remember, home sales are a great indicator on consumer confidence and as you know, home owners are going to have to FURNISH those homes...that will in turn boost retail sales and will in turn stimulate the economy.