Sunrise man cleared after video shows he didn't batter cops

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Fuck the police. Not only did they beat the kid (probably because he said something smartass?), but then of course they LIED on their reports. Shocking, just fucking shocking. They don't deserve to have badges, much less jobs (or air to breathe...OK that one was a joke). Of course the IA investigation found no wrongdoing.
After a beat down in an elevator, Joshua Daniel Ortiz ended up with his nose broken and facing a charge of battering a Fort Lauderdale Is your Fort Lauderdale restaurant clean? - Click Here. police officer.

The 22-year-old Sunrise man was surprised and delighted to learn Wednesday that Broward prosecutors were dropping the case against him after reviewing an elevator surveillance video showing three officers aggressively rush and beat Ortiz to the ground.

Once the Dec. 5 video surfaced, it altered the course of the case. It contradicted police reports that Ortiz provoked and attacked Officers Derek Lade, Stefan Silver and Steve Smith.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/sfl-bn-0304video,0,1616907.story

Click the link for the Sun Sentinel article and video.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

Officer went off cause the dudes nose touched his nose. These guys just shouldn't be cops. IMO, they need to start hiring cops that have much more tact instead of just being nazis with small dicks. They really need to be smarter about situations like this.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

The problem is, with the job being inherently dangerous (plus everyone hating you) yet not paying all that great (relatively speaking), it's difficult to motivate intelligent folks to take the risks for such small reward. All the kids with a brain go to college and come out in much better positions...I'm not sure the best way to produce incentives for smart, reasonable folks to enter the ranks of the boys in blue.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

I haven't watched the video, yet, but taking you at your word, aa, then yes, I agree these guys should lose their jobs.

I still don't/won't taint the whole profession because these goobers fucked up.

IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

I do agree, also, on your point about low pay.

We have the same problem with teachers in FL, IMO.