Chicago Tea Party this July?

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Rick Santelli, just about the only person worth listening to on CNBC (IMO), proposes a tea party for capitalism on the shores of Lake Michigan this July, to dump derivative securities in the lake:
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1039849853

He argues that the Obama administration is providing incentives for bad economic behavior/choices with the new mortgage mitigation plan. He says nobody in America wants to pay for their neighbors' mortgages and that basically we're being sold a bill of goods.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

In case slider missed it on huffington (LOL just fuckin with ya man):
Everyone from Matt Drudge to Matt Drudge is freaking out over this video of CNBC's Rick Santelli, straight-up fomentin' a revolution on the trading floor of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. He's assembled a small army of half-hearted, floor-trading broheims to cheer and hoot as he rails against President Obama's plan to not immediately foreclose on everybody and kick them out into the streets, because that rewards "bad behavior," and clearly what we should be doing is rewarding people who incentivized all the risky lending, because until the house of cards collapsed, things were looking pretty for everybody!
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/02/19/rick-santellis-revolution_n_168286.html

My only issue with this characterization is that "he's assembled a small army"--mainly the use of the world assembled--doesn't really seem a fair way to characterize the context if you watch Santelli all that often. I feel like he's always right down on the floor, half the time he has to move around because there are so many people around him...so I dunno about him assembling the group of traders. Seems like it's their job to be right where they were.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

LMMFAO My day has been made:

I hope I can make it to this thing.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Am I the only one who sees the irony of one of the jackass cheerleaders of the CNBC crew instigating a "revolution" of traders? Where's Kudlow to tell me that it's a "Goldilocks economy" or Cramer to tell me to "BUY BUY BUY?" CNBC is literally a completely worthless channel.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Santelli is the only one of their talking heads who can speak the truth...when he goes head to head with LIESman, it's always a classic.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Am I the only one who sees the irony of one of the jackass cheerleaders of the CNBC crew instigating a "revolution" of traders? Where's Kudlow to tell me that it's a "Goldilocks economy" or Cramer to tell me to "BUY BUY BUY?" CNBC is literally a completely worthless channel.
we can agree on that

radbag

Post by radbag »

i'm not a fan of santelli actually...we used to watch him on CNBC comment on economic data and pretend it was so busy in the commodity pits he was standing in...he'd be yelling like it was armageddon.

good for tv i guess.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

He's definitely a little nuts--he gets worked up all the time.
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

CNBC has a perfect record with me- their family of networks are completely in opposition to my own interests.
Star Kings Forever!