BHO has excellent judment though

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

i don't think i impose myself on you either though i think catholics should start doing so.

i'd like to see BHO try and piss off some muslims and force them to eat pork or something to that affect...better yet, let's see BHO crack down on scientoligists and see how far that takes him politically...won't happen obviously because of the backlash that would ensue...the catholic religion is historically a religion in which it doesn't impose it's beliefs on others...catholics practice humbly and with great faith...i believe catholics are such an easy target for those who oppose it because of it's willingness to endure it's challengers and it's steadfast belief in holding back from imposing it's beliefs on other...it is because catholics don't/won't do anything about the attacks.

i believe the catholics of america need to adopt your stance on lines and acts of bullshit as well and as you put it, have very low tolerance for that.
I reread my line about a line a line of bullshit and I hope you realize that I was not addressing it to you, but to your party in general. If my comment was misinterpreted and I offended you, I apologize.

I think Scientology is a cult, pure and simple. And it should be treated as such.

Speaking as a Lutheran, I don't want the Catholic Church to impose its will on me. I have some major fundamental differences with the Scriptural interpretation of Catholic teachings. I don't say that to insult you, just to say that I have some differences there. We were excommunicated once over policy differences, and speaking personally, the doctrinal differences are too large for a reconciliation between the churches. I would not be a member of a unified church that follows Rome. Again, not an insult, just a comment as to my thoughts on religion.

Regarding your comments on the bullshit line, I agree. Too often a politician will flip sides depending on who is in power, and quite often they say absolutely stupid things that you wonder if they actually believe them. Too many of them do that, and unfortunately, they are not called out for it.
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

More commentary from Stephen Colbert

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/218486/february-10-2009/the-word---loyal-opposition

Anyone here want to defend Rep. Sessions? Could you imagine the outrage from the right wing noise machine if a Democrat had said something comparable about Bush? Come to think of it, Jeb Bush called for Republicans to set up a "Shadow Government" to fight Obama. Wow!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

I will not listen or read anything by Colbert. That guy can fly off a cliff with Olbermann as far as I'm concerned.

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Colbert has his moments of humor but doesn't do much to really push the social dialogue much further forward, IMO.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

I will not listen or read anything by Colbert. That guy can fly off a cliff with Olbermann as far as I'm concerned.
So I guess you think what Rep Sessions said was OK then?
IHateUGAlyDawgs

I don't know what he said. Find me another link...I'm not clicking on anything related to Colbert to find out.

G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

slider seriously...can't you just go to Yahoo and get the news from the AP wire? I mean I know the media is biased and all that, but...
Okay, let's try this!

radbag

Post by radbag »

i purposely don't link anything from fox news or anyone associated with them for that very reason allison.

i don't want anyone to think i'm informed from 'biased' sources.

i should think a libby would do the same but what do i know.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

problem is slider doesn't read fox news and everything else is libby biased...so he might as well read the colbert moron

radbag

Post by radbag »

seriously slider - you kinda delegitimize your knowledge quoting colbert or john stewart or olbermann.

it's like someone talking baseball and quoting something tom arnold said....who really gives a fuck...really.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

Rep. Pete Sessions (in photo), R-Texas, said last week that the GOP is learning from the Taliban how to conduct a political insurgency. So far, GOP lawmakers are feeling good about their results, particularly on the stimulus bill. “It’s not a sign that we’re back to where we need to be, but it’s a sign that we’re beginning to find our voice,” said Rep. Paul D. Ryan, R-Wis. “We’re standing on our core principles, and the core principle that suffered the most in recent years was fiscal conservatism and economic liberty.”
http://blogs.kansas.com/weblog/2009/02/gop-feeling-good-about-insurgency/

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2009/02/house-republica.html
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Poor choice of words that I wish he hadn't used, but I understand his basic premise. He should've found a different way to get his point across, though. I do, however, agree with Mr. Ryan from Wisconsin.

G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Well there's a difference between news and commentary. Fox news DOES have conservative commentary but their news is just as unbiased as anyone's...ever watch their Live show during the day? Now they may show some stories that others aren't covering like the whole Census thing and they may also give the conservatives viewpoint on those issues. But they are ONE network compared to the 4 or 5 others that don't even report the story, let alone give the conservative view point.

The one time I remember posting an article in here from Fox was the thing about the census...and the reason I did is because I wanted to make sure I was seeing the other point of view...I couldn't see how it was a good idea from the Fox article but I knew they were likely giving only one side. But alas, at the time I couldn't find any other news source reporting on it.

To sum it up...I do watch Fox news on occassion as I do watch CNN, CBS and ABC on occassion. But I'll be honest, I get most of my news from Yahoo when I log on to my email. Those article usually come from the AP wire.
Okay, let's try this!

radbag

Post by radbag »

i saw a census/dc/utah related article a day before you posted your thread...came from a news source other than fox and i PM'd it to AA so he can run with it.
RickySlade

Post by RickySlade »

Slide?
(Tipping a waitress) Here's fifty bucks; take this in case I get drunk and call you a bitch later.