Ford is good

Chat about investing, the financial markets and participate in the Back Alley Bulls and Bears game...
TheTodd

Ford is good

Post by TheTodd »

Ford doesn't need money from the Gov. Thanks Ford!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20090129/bs_nm/us_ford_3
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

Ford is good

Post by radbag »

ford's CEO has either got a HUGE 'rainy day fund' that he's got in hand just in case his company needs to tap it or he's just really stupid and got his head in the sand....either way, separating himself from the others who are obviously in dire need should prove fruitful for the stock owners.
TheTodd

Ford is good

Post by TheTodd »

I'm wondering what it'll do for the product line too. I think people will remember that Ford didn't need to borrow/take from tax payers to keep afloat.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

Ford is good

Post by radbag »

see here's the thing though :

ford pre-funded all their initiatives and expenses by borrowing "X" amount times what they needed at that point in time...guess what? rates are precipitously lower today than when they were when they borrowed...so their competitors are borrowing today at lower costs.

who's the dummy?
G8rMom7

Ford is good

Post by G8rMom7 »

We are going to be in the market for a new car in the summer...Just a good reliable sedan that can seat 5 (including one car seat and two boosters in the back). I want good gas mileage and reliability. I may consider a Ford. Although I still think a toyota or honda would be the best choice.
Okay, let's try this!

a1bion

Ford is good

Post by a1bion »

Ford supposedly has got some interesting research going on for developing more efficient cars, so hopefully they can hang in there.