HB: Things I'm Hearing...

Fuckbeans.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Been searching around in enemy territory and talking to some contacts here and there and here are some bits of tid that I have come up with...

Penn State insiders are saying that Jelani is done taking official visits and that Urban Meyer and company may be the only one's with an in-home visit before signing day. They feel it is a PSU-UF battle and in my opinion they aren't feeling good about it.

Georgia folks cannot get over the fact that they might lose Jarvis Jones to the Gators but their top insiders are all saying that Florida is where he is likely headed. In all actuality, Texas is probably the biggest competition for the Gators in this one.

LSU folks are now hearing that the battle between Bama and LSU for Trent Richardson is now between Florida and Bama. Everyone in the western side of the conference is hearing that Trent had a very very good visit to Florida. Supposedly, Saban is getting to the point where he is going to put a mandate on Trent, we shall see on that one, but things have definitely taken a very big time turn to the positive.

Orson Charles had a great trip to Florida, that is already documented. Most I talk to think he is still headed to Georgia, and that is where I think he will end up as of right now. However, Florida is making a late push and may have a bit of momentum and there are some inside folks that want him to go to Florida, so hold on before throwing in the towel on this one.

The visit this weekend will be huge for Marlon Brown and it is kind of wild that he will be visiting with both of the other wide receiver commitments. It shouldn't matter to Brown who is nothing like Nu'Keese Richardson and Andre Debose, both would be compliments to his skills. I personally think Brown is one of the most wide open prospects still on the board and is as confused as anyone about where he will likely end up.

I talked to Dre Kirkpatrick myself and he certainly did sound like he was very impressed with the Gators. The most important thing to him and his decision are the players and the people at the place. He absolutely loved everything about thise things at Florida. I should have an update up by Wednesday.

i could be slightly wrong here but the Noles are as delusional as ever. They believe they are going to get Greg Reid (UGA bound IMO) and Orson Charles (see Greg Reid) to help finish out their class. My guess is they may be done recruiting once the NCAA sanctions are made public.

We will be scouring for more as signing day gets closer.

MinGator

Post by MinGator »

what is the date for NSD this year?
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
radbag

Post by radbag »

feb 4, 700 hours.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

Thanks, that was easier than google.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I heard that Greg Reid may have grade issues in which case, I can understand why FSU could think they could get him...if he can't get into UF or UGA, then FSU is where they usually end up. Just a thought.
Okay, let's try this!

RickySlade

Post by RickySlade »

Reid has had grade issues since he committed to us...he's done a lot to change that, though. He's been doing well in the classroom, but I wonder if that will continue now that he is taking visits and fielding a lot of phone calls. I hope he's playing the game and will end up in Gainesville, but I fear he is a dawg (Asher Allen's departure did it for me). No way he selects FSU...
(Tipping a waitress) Here's fifty bucks; take this in case I get drunk and call you a bitch later.