Tressel resigns from OSU...

Fuckbeans.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6606999

Let the UM to OSU rumors begin...
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

That was basically the first thing I heard after they announced the retirement. I bet Shelly wouldn't be too happy about that. Nor would his daughter at GT. But whatever...it's his life.
Okay, let's try this!

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

This couldn't have happened to a nicer douchebag.

And my guess is that it will be at least a year (maybe two) until Urban takes the job. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if he took it.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

They're holding onto their interim guy for a year and doing a big search.

Urban Meyer would be a big hire for them, sure. But how punk-ass would Urban Meyer be to retire from Florida and take a job at OSU a year later? I would be very surprised if he took it. I think retiring after a 7-5 season -- oh, 8-5, whatever they ended up, it was shit -- speaks one thing: the dude is sick and needs to get his body together.

If I were a Buckeye -- and I'm not, I'm Michigan Blue by birth, I'm happy to see the Sweater Vest finally hit the donation pile -- I would be looking at Meyer as fascinating, but clearly damaged, goods.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

^^^Toothy, this is the same school that couldn't beat any SEC school in two different BCS NC games right? I don't think they are all that "sharp" really. They would take Urban Meyer in a heartbeat if he even winked at them. I totally see your point on the "damaged goods" but I doubt those guys are thinking of him that way. That said, I would think that if her were truly sincere about why he is no longer the UF coach, that taking another coaching job IN OHIO, would sort of contradict his reasons for leaving in the first place.

Ultimately, I don't really care...I just hope he doesn't mind getting beat by SEC schools...cuz it's gonna happen.
Okay, let's try this!

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Damn. m7 hits the fucking nail on the head...I'm not surprised...but good heavens is there anything hotter than a woman who understands sports?! And this is true intricacy shit.

While reading m7's post, the question came to my mind: what better candidate could they go after in 1-2 years? Maybe try to draw Kelly or someone else who kinda cut their teeth in the midwest? I'm just not sure I see a prospect out there as HC who would live up to the expectations of the Fuckeyes. Sorry..."Buckeyes".
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.