Avast Anti-Virus...Gone?

You got a problem? Tell us.
G8rMom7

Avast Anti-Virus...Gone?

Post by G8rMom7 »

Gone, my husband thinks that this program is causing us some trouble. We have been dealing with issues with our printer (wireless) not printing and it has almost driven him to throw our computer against the wall. THEN, I just figured out that it caused a false report of his Fish Tycoon game being a Trojan horse, which according to their site is false...and now it looks like we need to fix the Avast list of virus' or something so that it will let it in, and then re-download the game.

I was wondering if you had any issues with it. I don't know what to do about Anti-Virus software...it seems that everything we try ends up causing us problems. But I'm nervous to be without anything!

I SERIOUSLY wish I had my own personal IT tech to come to our house and figure out our system and advise us what we need. We're getting ready to call Dell which has this new Small Business Solutions thing and see if they will do just that for us. I'm thinking we should get a laptop that has a docking station out in Bill's office, so he can work on it out there to print invoices, etc., but then can bring it into the house when he wants to play poker or whatever.

Calgon, take me away.
Okay, let's try this!

DocZaius

Avast Anti-Virus...Gone?

Post by DocZaius »

I love Avast. It's never given me any problems.

As for printing, what kind of setup are you using? A wireless network printer? A regular printer with a wireless print server hooked in?

Our home printer uses a Belkin wireless print server and it was a bitch to get working right. Those things are just plain tricksy.
G8rMom7

Avast Anti-Virus...Gone?

Post by G8rMom7 »

I just talked to our IT guy at work and he said he could come over and look at it for us. He said it sounds like a Windows problem. He also said that anti-virus software generally doesn't cause the kinds of problems we have. They usually just slow things down and that's about it. So I feel better knowing that he is willing to help.
Okay, let's try this!