TT has his very own forum at GC

Speaking of anal sex, where's vanders?
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

i assume others got this email as well. a kinder gentler GC, is vanders now running the sports forums too?

scott,

Over the past few weeks, many of you have clamored for a place where calmer, more rational discussion can be had about Gator Football. We've listened and it's here: The BullGator Den's new "Touchdown Terrace"
forum.

The Touchdown Terrace is not intended to displace or replace our extremely popular BullGator Den -- it's to provide an alternative haven for some of you that prefer a different sort of venue to discuss the game. Here's the description of the forum on our website:

"Open to all subscribers, the TT is a haven for dispassionate analysis of Gator Football, dedicated to a deeper understanding of the mechanics of the program and on-field performance. It's a place to take a break from the sometimes heated conversations that make the BG Den the unique force it is, but that can sometimes overwhelm the quieter voices and the more detailed, in-depth analysis."

If you're a subscriber to GatorCountry.com, "The Insider Authority to Gator Sports!", you'll be able to access the forum directly here:

http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/fo ... y.php?f=52

...as well as via the usual methods, i.e. forum front page, menus, etc..

The forum will be chaired by the ever popular and respected Naphta, who will be the moderator emeritus. Here's his introductory post to give you a better idea of what Touchdown Terrace is all about:

"It's well known that over the course of the season there have occurred several occasions on which, precipitated by various situations surrounding the performance of the Gators on the football field and criticisms (deserved or not) that arose as a result, there have been highly visible conflicts between posters. Some of these conflicts have been in the nature of well meaning disagreement over what, if any, major modifications to the tactics of the coaching staff are needed to improve the performance of the Gator football team. Other conflicts have been less cordial, while some have been of a highly personal nature, and have crossed the line into violations of message board policy. We've had some legendary battles of wits and viewpoints, and we're dedicated to preserving that dynamic, while serving the needs of all members.

One thing that all participants in these discussions can agree on, we're convinced, is that the message boards at Gator Country are a highly valuable service to members that promote enjoyable and lively discussion about our favorite college sports team. We at Gator Country want to preserve that enjoyment for all members, not merely those who hold a certain authorized view, or those who belong to a particular clique, but for everyone. We think we've got the most intelligent and impassioned Gator fans on the internet here at Gator Country, and in order to preserve that unique variety and balance of perspectives we've decided to provide a special new forum to members.

This new forum will be a place we reserve for dispassionate analysis of Gator Football from the perspective of the committed fan, dedicated to a deeper understanding of the mechanics of the program, and the team's on-the-field performance. As a compliment to the VIP Coaches Forum, it's a place to take a break from the sometimes heated conversations that make the Bullgator Den the unique force that it is, but that can sometimes overwhelm the quieter voices and the more detailed, more in-depth analyses.

By allowing a broader variety of editorial policy, facilitated by a broader variety of message boards, we can ensure that there is a place for everyone, where every voice is heard, as well as a general diminishing of the more strident, more personal kinds of conflict among posters. The most undesirable effect of conflict on message boards is the rising call for censorship. We at Gator Country feel that our message boards derive their vitality and value from being an arena where the widest array of views can be registered and promoted. Aside from obvious scurrility, highly coarse language, and other obvious violations of the Gator Country membership agreement, no perspective is going to be censored. Rather, we will provide a variety of forums to allow a variety of perspectives to peacefully coexist. Paying members will be able to post in whatever forum suits their taste, with the editorial policy of each message board to guide them in the kind of language that is appropriate for each specific venue.

We believe that this accommodation is the best way to preserve the variety of perspectives on our message boards, while at the same time preventing some of the more heated conflicts that have arisen in the recent past. To that end, the policy of each message board will be strictly enforced, in order to preserve this valuable diversity, and to prevent the forums from losing their distinctiveness.

With that introduction, we'd like to invite members to join us for calmer, more dispassionate discussion of all that's right and wrong –"the good, the bad, and the aesthetically impaired"- about the college sports team we love. We hope you'll join us in Touchdown Terrace, where I will be acting as Moderator Emeritus, and advancing the discussions there. See you soon on the Terrace!"

So, come one... Come all, to our new Touchdown Terrace:
http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/fo ... y.php?f=52

Enjoy,

Raymond Hines III
GatorCountry.com
http://www.gatorcountry.com
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Jeez, what a missive. You're opening a new sports forum, freak. That doesn't mean we need a Franklin D. Roosevelt fireside chat.

STFU.
TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

I am the MF man, yo!
I am the law, bitches!
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Why do they need a separate subscribers' board? Isn't that what the Den is for?
TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

Because of all the fighting. Half of them want to only see roses and the other half want to be able say anything they want. There is a 10 page thread fighting back and forth from the two groups so they gave the rainbows and roses group a place of their own.
I am the law, bitches!
radbag

Post by radbag »

who are the rainbow and roses group these days? who are the negative nellys then?
TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

I didn't pay attention to who was who. I know PD leads the charge of the group that wants to call for people to be fired, players to be benched, the offense sucks....etc.etc.

The other group is the trust the coaches, a win is a win, Tim Tebow is the GOAT.....etc.etc.

The whole deal makes me laugh like hell. GC is falling apart at the seams. I can read the insider stuff for free and I only go over there about once a week to do so.
I am the law, bitches!
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I was just signing on here to post this...it sort of reminds of the current economic crisis...rather than actually deal with the issue, they just figure to start a whole new program and throw "money" at it.

It's like, why don't you just make 10 louder? Because this one goes to 11!
Okay, let's try this!

urapnes

Post by urapnes »

i don't get it. i thought this sort of thing was the pupose of the bullgator den.

and what the hell is a VIP over there?
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

Those fucktards are running that place into the ground.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
urapnes

Post by urapnes »

serious quesiton - what is the difference between an "Insider" and a "VIP"?
RickySlade

Post by RickySlade »

Jeez, what a missive. You're opening a new sports forum, freak. That doesn't mean we need a Franklin D. Roosevelt fireside chat.

STFU.

No shit.
(Tipping a waitress) Here's fifty bucks; take this in case I get drunk and call you a bitch later.
Mlrtime

Post by Mlrtime »

I'm with Toothy!

Eric is not that big a pussie to own that forum...
TTBHG

Post by TTBHG »

I'm with Toothy!

What do you mean "not that big a pussie"? That would imply that I am at least partially a pussy. I am all man!
I am the law, bitches!
urapnes

Post by urapnes »

between pam, princess, pd and all the people trying to out-joke everyone else, i can't read the bullgator den anymore. it has become a forum devoid of information, which i guess is why they needed a new forum.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

^^^^^^^^^^

They just need to start over from scratch
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
Mlrtime

Post by Mlrtime »

I'm with Toothy!

What do you mean "not that big a pussie"? That would imply that I am at least partially a pussy. I am all man!

well......you do like it so that has to be counted
urapnes

Post by urapnes »

i don't know, sounds like eric is trying awefully hard to prove to us his masculinity. or could he be trying to prove it to himself?? hmmmm.....