Opening Day for Baseball

Fuckbeans.
urapnes

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by urapnes »

been a tough road trip for the marlins. 3 games they should have won and lost in teh 9th. i'm not that discouraged though, we're getting a few pitchers back in the next 2 months and josh willingham (clean up batter) should be back in the next 10 days.

i have to say though, i don't remember a 3-7 stretch like this one that's had as many close and exciting games. Go Marlins!
a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

Rays have traded home field series with the Red Sox. They sweep us up there, we sweep them down here. I was hoping for at least one win, but I was also glad to see them call that little bitch Coco Crisp out on his antics. You don't bring that shit to Tampa Bay!

Also liked our pick at the top of the draft yesterday. I think that Beckham kid could develop into a good one.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

what will be interesting is to see the ramifications of that brawl...who gets suspended or fined. IMO, Crisp deserves the lions share. He had that shit all planned out, initiated all of it (going back to the night before), and then was as smug as could be about it afterward. I see NO mitigating factors for him in this.

My guesses for suspensions:

Crisp 6 games
Shields 5 (essentially one start)
Gomes 3
Crawford 1
Sox 3rd base coach 1
I'm sure there will be another player or two...

a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

Hell, Crisp was talking about it after game 2 of the series, saying he intentionally tried to injure Aki because he didn't like the way Jason Bartlett went for the tag on him when he tried to steal on a previous outing (shows you what a genius this cat is). I wish Gomes would've pummeled him even worse than what he did.
urapnes

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by urapnes »

"You don't bring that shit to Tampa Bay!" <----that made me laugh.

coco should be suspended a lot more than 6 games. taking out the SS on a steal is uncalled for, although not illegal. that in conjunction with his charging the mound should result in bigtime ramifications. he knew he was going to get plunked, take it like a man, after you're hit, it's over. take your base and move on.

personally, i like nothing more than to see the red sox lose and bitch. i had the red sox, i'm a big yankee fan only when they play those beantown bitches. john henry can kiss my ass.
a1bion

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by a1bion »

Crisp tried to put his hand up on Aki's family jewels. That shows you what a little fagmo bitch Coco is.
annarborgator

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by annarborgator »

Wait...I'm reading the article about it now...didn't see it...BUT...Coco got pissed because Bartlett blocked the bag on a steal attempt? Coco, darlin, it's the fucking BIG leagues.

I love this quote from Carl Crawford:
"He better not have said my name," Crawford said. "Coco don’t know me."
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
urapnes

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by urapnes »

yeah, it's a legal play, you rarely see it though.
annarborgator

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by annarborgator »

Also liked our pick at the top of the draft yesterday. I think that Beckham kid could develop into a good one.
6'2", 190 SS? I'll take it...seems like he's got a good attitude and is pretty smart too. 3.1 GPA and 13something SAT.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

I'm so sick of this shit already.

Why we continue to use fucksticks like Blane Boyer, Royce Ring, Jeff Bennett and Manny Acosta is astounding to me....oh wait...we don't fucking have anyone else. There has to be SOMEONE...ANYONE...in the farm system better than these fucktards. If not, then that is a sad indication of the current state of what used to be a proud farm system.

Granted, the offense has to help the bullpen out at some point...but god damn.

IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

Oh here we go...Blane Boyer didn't fuck it up enough - instead of going to Rafael Soriano we decide we're going to use....Manny "let a bunt go through the 5-hole - then walk in a tying run" Acosta

Mlrtime

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Mlrtime »

frustrates hell outta me too J!
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

Mike Hampton ought to be taken out back and shot...he's more useless than a horse with a broken leg and they kill them. Hampton is a fraud and thus deserves a more harsh death than the lethal injection a horse gets.

UFGirlluvr

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by UFGirlluvr »

Hey didn't the Braves get swept by my Reds last week? I'm just sayin
radbag

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by radbag »

^back to form^
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

Hey didn't the Braves get swept by my Reds last week? I'm just sayin
congrats...you're 3 of the 21 road losses thus far on the season. Also leading to part of my frustration...you were also 2 of the one run losses if I'm not mistaken.

TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

The Yankees are winning series now. I hope they can make a push and make up two or three games on Boston before the break. If they could get it down to 4 or under before the break I think that would be a huge morale boost for them.
I am the law, bitches!
TTBHG

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by TTBHG »

Also....

Yanks-64
Rays-62
Mets-53
I am the law, bitches!
Toothy

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Toothy »

Bitches, I'm not gonna say much because I know how jinxes work, but we Chicago baseball fans are enjoying the way 2008 is shaping up.
Mlrtime

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Mlrtime »

well...they should continue to go just fine seeing as how the Braves are coming to Wrigley for 3 games
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

ain't that the truth

Mlrtime

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by Mlrtime »

(WSB Radio) The career of one of the greatest pitcher in Braves history hangs in the balance today. John Smoltz is in Birmingham, Alabama, where he will have surgery to repair his damaged shoulder.

The 41 year old right hander will be at St. Vincent's Hospital, where Doctor James Andrews will perform the operation. It's unclear how long the surgery will last because no one knows exactly what Andrews will find.

Smoltz's shoulder has been hurting for more than a year. He's done pitching for this year, and the surgery will go a long way toward determining whether Smoltz can play again.
urapnes

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by urapnes »

he's had a helluva career, he should hang it up. why do athletes feel the need to play 'one more season' at the expense of cronic pain the rest of their life????
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Opening Day for Baseball

he's had a helluva career, he should hang it up. why do athletes feel the need to play 'one more season' at the expense of cronic pain the rest of their life????
Smoltz is on record...he wants another ring and he wants it bad.

urapnes

Opening Day for Baseball

Post by urapnes »

^^^he would look fantastic in a Marlins uniform.