Forex

Chat about investing, the financial markets and participate in the Back Alley Bulls and Bears game...
annarborgator

Forex

Post by annarborgator »

I've been reading about foreign currency markets on Investopedia and I'm damn intrigued. I set up an account at OANDA's free FXGame website. Who knows other good resources for Forex reading?
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
a1bion

Forex

Post by a1bion »

Dood, just give me your money now if you're really thinking about trying to play the forex market.
TheTodd

Forex

Post by TheTodd »

It is interesting, but a dangerous, dangerous place to go.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
annarborgator

Forex

Post by annarborgator »

Dood, just give me your money now if you're really thinking about trying to play the forex market.

You're saying there are no sound strategies for an individual investor in the forex?
a1bion

Forex

Post by a1bion »

You're saying there are no sound strategies for an individual investor in the forex?

I would say it is a very complex market. Remember that it trades 24 hours a day, 5 days a week and there are tons of variables to it. Are there individuals who can do it? Sure, just look at George Soros. But I'd say he's the exception rather than the rule.
annarborgator

Forex

Post by annarborgator »

Fair enough but I'd never be in the market on such high risk positions like Soros usually occupies. He seems like more of a short term shark who uses large positions. I'm thinking more intermediate term, 1-5 day positions.

I don't doubt its complexity, that's why I'm planning on researching it extensively. Just something I'm curious about. I like equities for longer term positions, months and years. Forex would be fun to take $1000 a year and run a micro account. We'll see...I'll keep y'all updated on my fantasy forex account.