Shane get the GC Axe???

Speaking of anal sex, where's vanders?
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Folks,

To make a long story short, as part of our planned upgrades, we ordered an additional server to deploy to tide us over through signing day.

I ordered one of our techies to install and hook up the new server last night in the wee hours of the night.

Apparently, he forgot to do this and frantically tried to add it just before the McCray announcement and ended up "fubaring" everything, forcing us to restore from a back-up.

Needless to say, I wasn't happy about this at all and prolly almost had a heart attack from all this. Anyway, this was bad enough (and defied common sense) that I have fired the techie and will no longer use his services.

Although we had to roll back, the good news is we will still be hooking up our additional server (most definitely during wee hours of the night) to help tide us over for the additional recruiting traffic we've been getting.

Chat room is also supposedly fixed.

Thanks and again, my apologies.

Ray

G8rMom7

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by G8rMom7 »

How do you know if Shane is the "techie"?
Okay, let's try this!

wpfox16

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by wpfox16 »

Here's hoping! [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_smile.gif[/img]
radbag

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by radbag »

Thanks for the update hater - my initial thoughts at first blush

Firstly - if its shane and he got the axe, he's gonna kill himself tonight. Trust me. He should be on suicide watch. GC is everything to that kid.

Secondly - what's up with blaming the techie anyways? Isn't it your fault in terms of bad judgment in entrustting him in the first place? You look foolish deflecting blame. Billions of dollars have been lost on bad trades in the marketplace of late. Traders and portfolio managers are gettin fired left and right but you don't see the CEOs blaming anyone. In fact, THEY get the blame too and in some cases are getting fired by their boards. Ray is just a horrible businessman. He's got no tact and he's looks foolish in placing blame. He comes off as if he's got to blame an external factor to GC in order for you to not lose confidence in his ability to provide you gator info at a fee when those who are paying no very well that there are some things that occur that are just unfortunately out of anyones control. What a dick.

Thirdly - the service interuption was not unbearable imo and didn't warrant such a wordy, "place-the-blame-on-a-techie" response. A simple explanation and word of regret would have done.

Fourthly - why fire the guy over it? What revenues were lost? What feeling of "confidence" was lost? What was lost that warranted someone losing their livelyhood? Again - ray being dramatic to impress the lemmings.

Fifthly - I hope it wasn't growl. We don't need growl having extra time on his hands given his expertise in hacking peoples accounts [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lmao.gif[/img]

All in all - I am not impressed with ray. Never have been, never will. The whole "coming down from the hill to address the people" is a tired routine and no longer effective. He is better served communicating through his top generals. Him getting involved in these admin things diminishes the strength and power in his presence. I almost blame his top guys for not insulating him any better. Yes its true - if you want answers or you want action, it is best to hear from the head honcho. But to address an outage of service???? Gimme a break. Announce the significant things that matter to the paying customer like higher or lower rates, rebates, add'l services, etc. He's a no-nothing and he couldn't manage a little league team.
Weegie

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by Weegie »

I think it's kind of classless for the boss to blame an underling in a public fashion. Apologize for the problem and move on. Fire the tech. guy if need be, but accept the responsibility for not checking up on the server issue before it became an issue.
"It's been fucksticks as far as the eye could see this morning." --AA
wpfox16

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by wpfox16 »

I agree with pretty much everything rad and Weeg said... it's pretty Bush League
radbag

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by radbag »

I agree with pretty much everything rad and Weeg said... it's pretty Bush League

Yeah but unions still suck!
MinGator

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by MinGator »

i'm thinking he actually fired no one and has made up the story as a ruse to cover-up the FUBAR running of GC. you would think something as critical as a new server coming online would have continual oversight. i find it hard to believe he didn't check in at some point to make sure it was all going as planned. what else does he have to do.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
sirhoppsalot

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by sirhoppsalot »

Who?
Toothy

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by Toothy »

It's so wankity wank wank wank over there.

I know that's not a very mature reaction, but, man, damn.
TheTodd

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by TheTodd »

Shane is an admin...not an engineer for the site.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
TheTodd

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by TheTodd »

Someone else maybe just lost their job:

Database error
The database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
* Open the http://www.gatorcountry.com home page, then try to open another page.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

The http://www.gatorcountry.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Shane get the GC Axe???

yeah no shit...

and I had a $350 bet down on black jack...

$75 bet split...then doubled down on both (one hand at 21 one hand at 19)...before it showed what the dealer had, I got that same error...mofuggas.

radbag

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by radbag »

^ don't worry....growl will set up an emergency forum for complaints just like yours and you'll likely be given the choice between $500 in gambling money or 5000 in posts. [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lmao.gif[/img]
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Shane get the GC Axe???

[img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lmao.gif[/img]

MinGator

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by MinGator »

f the cash i want rep!
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
annarborgator

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by annarborgator »

hilarious. fucking hilarious.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
degator

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by degator »

Rad, wasn't there a guy that was the tech, gamer or something? Wonder if that is him. Who knows, oh and I don't care
A memory lasts forever. Never does it die. True friends stay together. And never say goodbye.
radbag

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by radbag »

Rad, wasn't there a guy that was the tech, gamer or something? Wonder if that is him. Who knows, oh and I don't care

i think you're talking about iMarc (or GatorMarc as he was known on the BP)

marc used to keep the BP abreast on all things GC in terms of stuff others wouldn't know about...things technical...what ray was capable of and what was being bandied about...things like that.
apexgator

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by apexgator »

Rad painted a pretty good picture in his first post.
a1bion

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by a1bion »

Matt must be back as Darth. There's about 8 million threads in the Pub right now from Darth about people getting arrested, children being molested, etc.
G8rMom7

Shane get the GC Axe???

Post by G8rMom7 »

^^^I thought the same thing a1!!! Notice the little "v2" in his name? I thought it must be Matt too!
Okay, let's try this!