New Video Camera

You got a problem? Tell us.
G8rMom7

New Video Camera

Post by G8rMom7 »

So it looks like I'm in the market for a new video camera now too. Our old one is about 7 years old and uses Digital Hi-8 tapes so it's obviously long overdue. It's finally just choked. I bought a new battery and that seemed to help for a while, but now it just sometimes acts like I don't have tape in there (when I do) and then it won't open and close to get the tape out.

I'm a little concerned because of how much video we have on this kind of tape and I was hoping to get a DVD recorder to record it all on DVD before it broke. I don't know what I'm going to do if I can't get it running long enough to play back all the tape to DVD. In any case, does anyone have any good suggestions for digital video cameras?

Something reasonably priced and durable is what I'm looking for. I don't need Steven Spielberg quality or anything as most of what I'm filming is obviously the kids and their antics. Just something good to record milestones and cute concerts that are put on for us!

Thanks!
Okay, let's try this!

TheTodd

New Video Camera

Post by TheTodd »

Sorry. Don't know much about digital video cameras.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.