The polls are unbelievably mucked up. You gotta take a look.

Fuckbeans.
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/polls;_ylt=AlCezAoyIunA5jlXcHA5PBAcvrYF[/url]

First of all, between the two polls we got 14 voters who say the USF Bulls are the #1 team in the land. That's psychotic.

Second, LSU still has a first-place vote. That's how badass the SEC is.

Third, here's a shout-out to the one guy out west who picked #12 Arizona State as #1. I can't say I wholly disagree. Put it this way: even if ASU hasn't beaten a ranked team yet, they have fewer joke teams on their schedule than any of the undefeated teams. That this team is coming in at #12 shows how little respect is floating around out there for the Pac-10.

Strange days.

Seven SEC teams in the top 25, including 5/6 of the Eastern Division.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

I gotta be honest--if I had a vote, I would vote USF ahead of tOSU. USF went on the road and beat Auburn in their house, then beat W. Virginia at home. tOSU has played nothing but patsies all year.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

There's a great article in the Washington Post today about how the SEC is, top-to-bottom, so good that it's its own worst enemy. I can't find it online and it didn't have an author listed, unfortunately.
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Yeah, Doc, I agree. Good read. Its basic premises were: 1) the SEC is eating itself; and, 2) the SEC is clearly the dominant conference in college football. I remember that the author used various forms of "brutal" to describe SEC football twice in two paragraphs.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Yeah, thanks. That's it.

In the print edition it comes with this big serpentine illustration showing one team knocking off another -- the entire SEC wearing itself ragged. Sure must be nice to be USC in the land of two-hand touch.
apexgator

Post by apexgator »

Great article.