Okay, balls to the wall: all call the score, UF-UK.

Fuckbeans.
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

We have all been relatively happy for and tolerant of our pal Joe as his Wildcats have emerged as a seriously competent football team.

And that's been nice. But now it's got to stop.

No bluster and no whining. This thread is all about scoreboard. Call it now and be ready to come back later and eat crow or dish it.

I'll start. Not in my 19-season association with the Gators have they lost to the Wildcats, and with all due respect, it don't start here.

Florida 38, Kentucky 20.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

dammit, Toothy...

that was my score...

ughh....UF 38-UK 24

TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

UF - 28
UK - 17
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
UFGirlluvr

Post by UFGirlluvr »

UK-43
UF-34

If the Cats score over 40 they are 18-1 after yesterday. I think we put 42 on UL and 43 on the vaunted LSU defense so Im going with our average
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

UF 38
UK 33
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

All due respect, Joey, but they scored that 43 points on LSU in triple overtime. I don't see them doing it in regulation against a rested and regrouped UF defense.

UF - 31
Cats - 24
IHateUGAlyDawgs

not to mention - UL's defense is anything but vaunted.

UFGirlluvr

Post by UFGirlluvr »

I didnt say anything about a "vaunted" UL d but you have to admit that LSU's d is a step up from UF's and UK did put 27 in regulation on them. More than UF's offense and I just like how UK's position players match up with UF's defense especially in the secondary. UK also put up over a 100 yards of rushing on LSU using their 2nd and 4th string tailbacks. LSU had only been giving up 60 yards a game in rushing. Also UK's starting free safety was out. All of UK's tailbacks will be back this week and does UF have enough of a secondary to cover Burton, Lyons, Johnson, Tamme, Ford and Little out of the backfield. I like our odds and also UK's line did not give up a sack to LSU's "ferocious" front four. It should be a great game on Saturday. Statistics don't lie folks UK is a superior offense this year
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

not to mention - UL's defense is anything but vaunted.1[/size]

footnote:

Middle Tennessee and Utah both scored more against UL than UK did:

UL 58 Middle Tennessee 42
Utah 44 UL 35

You gotta take their score against UL with a grain of salt when second tier teams are doing the same thing.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Joe - did you forget we also ran all over LSU's ferocious defense?

I don't remember Tebow being sacked and we held Dorsey in check all night long - in fact - he didn't do shit.

UK is a better offense this year than they have been, for sure, and a force to be reckoned with for sure.

That said:

Urban is undefeated when he has two or more weeks to prepare and only one loss coming off a loss. Only one loss to an SEC East opponent...

I like our odds.

IHateUGAlyDawgs

you were also playing a tired, beaten down defense who had been taken to the wire the week before.

You all had 2 extra days of rest.

We have a whole extra week of rest and now to get to play your tired beaten down team who got taken to the wire.

UFGirlluvr

Post by UFGirlluvr »

Yeah and while your team had the extra week they have to go through the emotional drain of losing a teammate. There will be no excuses after Saturday. Kentucky played the #1 defense in the country and when LSU was up by 13 in the 3rd quarter UK didn't quit, instead they kept working and physically abused LSU. Ask LSU's safety about the hit Lyons laid on him. This UK team is not intimidated or scared of anyone like in the past and now with all the scholarships back they have the athletes to compete. UK is 11-2 since losing to LSU last year. Dont make excuses for LSU being drained. They have to play the schedule like everyone else. Instead you should try to come up with some reasons why Les Miles felt like running the ball 4 straight plays. I hope the football team is like the fans of UF and keep looking past UK like it's a UK team of the past. I hope Uf is favored and the talk all week is about the 19 straight or whatever.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

for some reason i don't think the team will spend much time talking about beating UK 19 times in a row...do you think none of our team watched you guys beat LSU saturday night?
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

UF 34
UK 20
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I have no idea of the score, but Joey I fear for you this...I don't think UF is going into the UK game thinking they are the favorite. Instead I think the UK team will be on top of the world and maybe a bit over-confident after last nights game. Of course, they certainly could beat us because they beat LSU and LSU beat UF. But in college football you just never know. I still think that with our talented team, if they played like they did in the UT game we could be beat anyone in the nation...including UK.
Okay, let's try this!

IHateUGAlyDawgs

^^^especially UK

UFgirlfan07

Post by UFgirlfan07 »

I refuse to post on this board this week regarding the UK/UF game.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

I refuse to post on this board this week regarding the UK/UF game.

C'mon, you gotta at least post a prediction. Send it to me via pm and I'll post it for you.
UFGirlluvr

Post by UFGirlluvr »

I'll be back next Sunday after the game. Im imposing a ban on myself
IHateUGAlyDawgs

^^^Katie laid the law down.

IHateUGAlyDawgs

Just funnin ya, Joe.

radbag

Post by radbag »

i just played the game on NCAA 2008 and we beat UK 63-12

kehstahn runs for 3 tds
harvin catches 2 tds
brandon james ran one back twice
and both kyle jackson and tony joiner get a td...kj on an int and tj on a fumble recovery

woodson gets 2 tds on bombs off markihe...and harvey blocked both PATs [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_lmao.gif[/img]
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Sweet. We'll go with that. Maybe we can get back past South Florida one of these days.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

I have no idea of the score, but Joey I fear for you this...I don't think UF is going into the UK game thinking they are the favorite. Instead I think the UK team will be on top of the world and maybe a bit over-confident after last nights game. Of course, they certainly could beat us because they beat LSU and LSU beat UF. But in college football you just never know. I still think that with our talented team, if they played like they did in the UT game we could be beat anyone in the nation...including UK.

Excellent post! I agree completely.

I am going to avoid making a prediction. It has been my experience that whenever I shoot off my mouth, I end up eating it. Therefore for the sake of our team, I won't say shit!
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
apexgator

Post by apexgator »

I ain't skeered ...

Gators - 35
Cats - 20