Fuckbeans.
mommygator

This pretty well sums it up...

Post by mommygator »

yes, it does sum it all up.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

i like to bask in the team's glory, but i try not to distance myself when we lose.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

i like to bask in the team's glory, but i try not to distance myself when we lose.

concur.

I say "we lost" just as often as I say "we won"

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

on another note: i hate being forced to listen to law school students attempt to talk about Gator football.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

on another note: i hate being forced to listen to law school students attempt to talk about Gator football.
oh man - I can't stand trying to talk football, UF football especially, with people who are clueless. I'm fine w/ differing opinions - but at least know wtf you are talking about.

a1bion

Post by a1bion »

I have no problem with saying we lost. I was talking Sunday with one of our brokers who is a Michigan grad/fan. She said she watched part of the game Saturday and was pulling for us because no one was giving our kids a chance and they just came out and fought they're asses off anyways. She was very impressed by how they played.

I was like, "Yeah, that's why I'm proud of these guys."
urapnes

Post by urapnes »

i left that stadium feeling pretty good about our team. i was thinking....next year can be really freaking good...especially when we get a running back like emmanual moody keeping the defense honest.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

give Kestahn his due...besides that fumble (catastrophic though it was) he played his arse off too...and very well.

efbart

Post by efbart »

I thought they were great Saturday night. I can't remember being less disturbed by a loss. I guess it's just one of the very few times I've seen the Gators play almost a perfect game and lose. It seems like nearly every loss I can remember in the last 30 or so years could have been avoided at numerous times during each game. They had their chance Saturday night but they were playing an outstanding team and one or two "wrong bounces" was all it took to lose.

What a game. They should be almost super-human next year.

The thing that really bothered me Saturday night was the Auburn game...why, why, why??? Oh well, if they play the rest of the year like they played against LSU they won't lose another game.

GO GATORS.
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

give Kestahn his due...besides that fumble (catastrophic though it was) he played his arse off too...and very well.

Agreed. Best game I've seen out of Kestahn Moore -- the first time I've really thought he looked like a dangerous back. He fought hard.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

I thought they were great Saturday night. I can't remember being less disturbed by a loss. I guess it's just one of the very few times I've seen the Gators play almost a perfect game and lose. It seems like nearly every loss I can remember in the last 30 or so years could have been avoided at numerous times during each game. They had their chance Saturday night but they were playing an outstanding team and one or two "wrong bounces" was all it took to lose.

GO GATORS.
my thoughts as well. unlike the Auburn game where we simply played poorly, I thought we played well, the bounces just didn't go our way.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
radbag

Post by radbag »

i'm proud of the boys in orange and blue...they played the tails off in hostile environment...they kept their composure and didn't seem rattled (penalties were way down if i recalled)
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Even against Auburn, we played poorly the first half. Then in the second half, our guys answered the bell and went right at Auburn. That was when you saw this team start to grow up. These kids are fighters--they just need experience.
radbag

Post by radbag »

something parcells said last night about his note to romo....the note was something of a checklist he should read to himself before games...there were 11 points to being a successful qb.

one of the points was throwing the ball away is a good play...throwing an interception or losing yards on a sack is not....obvious i know.

how many times had tebow thrown the ball away when the primary/secondary receivers were not open? i know he did it a few times when he was scrambling on the last possession but i guess what i'm getting at are the possessions when he turned it over....could it be that the offense had been overly criticized over tebows running game? we all know that when the primary/secondary receiver is not there, he tucks it and runs but did we see much of that vs lsu? i can't say we did? so if he's not tucking it and running, and he's not throwing it away, could it be perhaps that he was forcing it?

just a thought.....still hate the wobbly ball.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

That's a good point, raddy, and that's something that Tim hopefully learns with experience. Leak might have taken criticism at times, but he was darn good at knowing when to throw it away and manage the game by the time he hit his senior year.
radbag

Post by radbag »

^ throwing qb (leak/pennington) throws it away to live another day (or down i should say)

running qb (tebow/vick/steve young) tuck it and run up field when there are no pass options - with reward comes risk...the reward of an ad-libbed first down and/or score comes at the risk of a fumble/injury/loss of yards.

i'm not saying tebow shouldn't tuck and run..i'm saying if he doesn't WANT to, he should throw it away and not try to be superman and force 'em in...he had mild success in 'forcing' them in in the past..hope he's not hanging his hat on succeeding every time he tries to.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I love his wobbly balls [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Okay, let's try this!

IHateUGAlyDawgs

he only had the one INT if I remember correctly and it hit his receiver in the head...not sure what you're saying he forced.

radbag

Post by radbag »

he threw it behind his intended target (bubba) and hit ingram in the head with it as he crossed 5 yards between them.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

so then it was an errant pass and not a forced one.

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

in the post game didn't someone say Ingram was in the wrong place on that play? i could be wrong but i thought i heard that somewhere.
radbag

Post by radbag »

so then it was an errant pass and not a forced one.

errant pass that was most definitely forced.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

If Moore doesn't get the ball again if he fumbles, when why is Tebow still the QB when he messes up? I really don't like Meyers' way of taking the ball out of players hands like Moore when he makes a mistake. It's almost like he expects his RB's to never fumble, which will never happen. Moore was playing his ass off and deserved to get the ball again, even after he fumbled it. IMO, it is important to do that to instill confidence in a player that just made a mistake. Let him know you still trust him.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Todd - he really didn't have another opportunity to get the ball...

the next play was an INT then a 3 and out