Gator Country Post - lets see what happens next

Speaking of anal sex, where's vanders?
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

So, for some reason, I was allowed back onto Gator Country and can post. I thought I was banned for life. I posted a nice little comment on Too Hot that is bound to piss off some of the right wingers on there. Nothing against another poster, just talking about how our former dry drunk President lied us into Iraq. Let's see what happens......
If the devil had a name, it'd be Chuck Finley.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Moved this to the Drama Llama forum.

They lifted all the bans about a year ago. They didn't seem to take much of an issue when I started posting but I PM'd a couple of folks and invited them here and that's when they banned me. I don't think anyone complained about me - rather, they were just reading my PMs.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Hm. Tried to go there, but the GatorCountry.com domain name redirects to GatorNation.com and it won't actually link to the forums.

Way to go, slider. You broke their board.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

LOL! That board deserves to be broken!

Man, nothing on my comment - no response whatsoever. I don't know if I should feel happy or insulted. One funny thing though - my reputation is apparently disabled. Douchebags over there were driving up my negatives.

What to do, what to do? Should I throw some more bombs? I do like fucking with people!
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

They've been having trouble with rep and post counts and whatnot due to their impending migration to the new software. Your rep might be disabled as a result.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Wait, what's going on? I just Googled GatorNation and it's an ESPN site. There's a link to forums there, but it looks like you have to pay for an Insider subscription to log in.

I know Gator Country affiliated themselves with ESPN back in the day and I know ESPN recently changed their software to make it so you couldn't troll their comments section as easily. Are they making their forums pay only or something? That would seem like a stupid move.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

http://www.gatornation.com/ is the new GatorCountry site. I don't know if they're going to migrate everything over to that domain and abandon GatorCountry or use both or what.

I don't think they're affiliated with ESPN. ESPN has its own fan site called "GatorNation": http://espn.go.com/colleges/florida/.

Of course, that raises the question of whether one site or the other owns the name/trademark/servicemark "GatorNation," or even if they can own the name. I'm not up on the finer points of trademark law, but it seems like it's not out of the question for ESPN to get their panties in a wad over it if they were so inclined.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Now it's even more interesting. I Googled Gatornation.com and got both the ESPN site and a thegatornation.freeforums.com site. The latter site seems kind of slow but I saw some names I recognized from the old days. When I went to the link you posted, I got the new site, but when I went to the forum, it took me to the Gator Country forums.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Hm. I get an error message when I try to get to the forums. Maybe they banned me somehow?

And oh yeah, I forgot about the freeforums site. There's some of the old school folks over there like Termigator and a few others. Some of them have signed up here.

edit: must be a cookie issue. I can still get to the forums if I go in Chrome's "incognito" mode.
Last edited by DocZaius on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Radbag, wherefore art thou, radbag?

[TABLE="class: tborder, width: 100%, align: center"]
[TR]
[TD="class: thead, bgcolor: #FF4A00"]Image Yesterday, 09:02 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: thead, bgcolor: #FF4A00, align: right"] #66[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2, width: 175, bgcolor: #ECECFB"]gator7_5
Gator Country Silver

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[/TD]
[TD="class: alt1, bgcolor: #F5F5FF"]Image

Quote:
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2, bgcolor: #ECECFB"]Originally Posted by deebo65 Image
This kinda sucks and I feel bad for all the current reppers. I used to be a huge rep whore back in the day but as the pub has changed and many of my favorite older posters/friends waned in their frequency to the pub, so have I. My post count flew between here and SG when I was new. I don't post in here as much as I used to. Pub used to be a sanctuary for me. Got a lot of help, had a LOT of laughs and even shed some tears. I hope that with the new changes the pub still has the mystique it had/has for everyone who enjoys it today. I remember the last rep-end-debacle and changes like HOF thread stickies and such. They came and went. I imagine this will come and go too, or at least not be as bad as it seems to some. I guess we will see soon eh.....
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Rep whore "back in the day"? How long has rep been around? A couple of yrs at most? You make it sound like it started back in the 80's. lol.

The pub took a turn for the worse many years before rep started. I admit if it weren't for the beer and fishing threads, I'd be scarce for sure.

Where's Radbag anyway?
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2, bgcolor: #ECECFB"]Image Image Image [/TD]
[TD="class: alt1, bgcolor: #F5F5FF, align: right"]Image Image Image[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/font][/color]
[TR]
[TD="class: thead, bgcolor: #FF4A00"]Image Yesterday, 09:05 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: thead, bgcolor: #FF4A00, align: right"] #67[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2, width: 175, bgcolor: #ECECFB"]GatorPrincess8
Princess of Hot Men

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[/TD]

I think Rad got banned for some reason I can't remember.It was big at the time though.

In All Kinds of Weather.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/font][/color]
[TR]
[TD="class: thead, bgcolor: #FF4A00"]Image Yesterday, 09:10 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: thead, bgcolor: #FF4A00, align: right"] #68[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2, width: 175, bgcolor: #ECECFB"]Jaggator
Gator Country's Ring of Honor

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[/TD]

Quote:
[TABLE="width: 100%"]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2, bgcolor: #ECECFB"]Originally Posted by gator7_5 Image
Rep whore "back in the day"? How long has rep been around? A couple of yrs at most? You make it sound like it started back in the 80's. lol.

The pub took a turn for the worse many years before rep started. I admit if it weren't for the beer and fishing threads, I'd be scarce for sure.

Where's Radbag anyway?

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/font][/color]
[TR]
[TD="class: thead, bgcolor: #FF4A00"]Image Yesterday, 09:21 PM[/TD]
[TD="class: thead, bgcolor: #FF4A00, align: right"] #69[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: alt2, width: 175, bgcolor: #ECECFB"]GatorPrincess8
Princess of Hot Men

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

[/TD]

lol

In All Kinds of Weather.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
[/font][/color]
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

BTW - this is the Gator Country I have been going to and talking about.

http://www.gatorcountry.com/

OK, I threw another bomb. Let see what happens.
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

I just realized that when I cut-and-paste the stuff from GC like I did above, it wreaks havoc with the Tapatalk app.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

radbag really is immortal over there.
slideman67

Post by slideman67 »

Interesting - that board is gone now.
bluegrassg8r

Post by bluegrassg8r »

Gatorcountry is the one place that has caused me to meet, in person, a couple of people I would've punched in the mouth had we not been at a Gator function.
Star Kings Forever!