so after about 12 years of trying to avoid it....

We are often imitated, but never duplicated. If you are looking to have fun and relax this is the place for you. Cuttlefish from all walks of life retreat here for tales and buttplugs. Gator or not you are welcome here if you want to have fun, relax and earn MASSIVE REP STARS!!1! Step right on in, folks, and savor the circlejerk.
radbag

Post by radbag »

...i'm making it to disney this year (shoot me in the head)
radbag

Post by radbag »

i'll see y'all who are interested in meeting up for much needed alcohol the week of March 25th
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

Disney is best enjoyed in small doses. I know it's a little different when you're coming from New York and therefore it's a much bigger trip, but my best Disney trips are when we go one weekend at a time - we do a park one day and then just laze around the resort the next before going home on the third day. It's just not worth it rushing to see everything.

I recommend staying on a Disney property that has transport to the parks. Don't have to worry about anything except catching the ferry/monorail that way.

Which parks are you going to and where will you be staying?
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

Don't we have an inside contact with Disney?
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

^ That might require her to show up here from time to time.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

I'd certainly check out some other parks while you are down there if you have the time. Universal is a pretty nice park too.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
G8RKyle

Post by G8RKyle »

Islands of Adventure has the best roller coasters down there.
radbag

Post by radbag »

[quote=DocZaius]Disney is best enjoyed in small doses. I know it's a little different when you're coming from New York and therefore it's a much bigger trip, but my best Disney trips are when we go one weekend at a time - we do a park one day and then just laze around the resort the next before going home on the third day. It's just not worth it rushing to see everything.

I recommend staying on a Disney property that has transport to the parks. Don't have to worry about anything except catching the ferry/monorail that way.

Which parks are you going to and where will you be staying?[/QUOTE]no fokking clue as to what we're doing...only that we're staying at the polynesian and where we're dining (i know about the dining because i hear you have to reserve well in advance)
radbag

Post by radbag »

[quote=TheTodd]I'd certainly check out some other parks while you are down there if you have the time. Universal is a pretty nice park too.[/QUOTE]
i would like to but i'm told by many (as doc added too) that trying to fit everything into a week won't do any of the parks any justice...so we're going to save universal for another time
radbag

Post by radbag »

[quote=G8RKyle]Islands of Adventure has the best roller coasters down there.[/QUOTE]
i'll check it out...the whole thing about getting on rides and fast-passing others is kinda overwhelming for me...it's like a friggin game plan...who want to game plan their vacation??
radbag

Post by radbag »

[quote=a1bion]Don't we have an inside contact with Disney?[/QUOTE]
i'm sure she'll have lots of advice but truth be told, i'm adviced-out...everyone has an opinion on things to do and i'm getting overwhelmed

definitely checking epcot for sure
DocZaius

Post by DocZaius »

[quote=radbag]no fokking clue as to what we're doing...only that we're staying at the polynesian and where we're dining (i know about the dining because i hear you have to reserve well in advance)[/QUOTE]

Highly recommend the Luau at the Polynesian. Of course, I haven't been to that since about 1987.

Helpful hint: reserve "character breakfasts" at some of the other resorts. Sure, your kids are old enough to think it's cornball, but it lets you see some of the other places to stay and breaks up the monotony a bit.
radbag

Post by radbag »

[quote=DocZaius]Highly recommend the Luau at the Polynesian. Of course, I haven't been to that since about 1987.

Helpful hint: reserve "character breakfasts" at some of the other resorts. Sure, your kids are old enough to think it's cornball, but it lets you see some of the other places to stay and breaks up the monotony a bit.[/QUOTE]the luau is booked already...thanks for the tip...
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Probably very basic and already taken care of...but...If you haven't already, get Disney's Magical Express from the airport. They'll check your bags straight through from NY to your room at the property. You won't have to pick them up. They'll just show up in your room.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
radbag

Post by radbag »

hey tip! nice seeing you again!

yeah - that was offered as an option on the website that seemed to be a no brainer so we clicked the box and check it...the less you have to worry about, the better i guess...thanks!
UFGirlluvr

Post by UFGirlluvr »

[quote=radbag]i'm sure she'll have lots of advice but truth be told, i'm adviced-out...everyone has an opinion on things to do and i'm getting overwhelmed

definitely checking epcot for sure[/QUOTE]

Katherine and I can find a babysitter, we all can go drink around the world.
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

[quote=radbag]hey tip! nice seeing you again!

yeah - that was offered as an option on the website that seemed to be a no brainer so we clicked the box and check it...the less you have to worry about, the better i guess...thanks![/QUOTE]

Its nice to be back...Im in my last semester for a Masters in microbiology. Then comes the fun part of leaving Schwab after 15 years. Will be tough letting all the vacation accrual rates and 500 hrs of sick time go.
radbag

Post by radbag »

[quote=UFGirlluvr]Katherine and I can find a babysitter, we all can go drink around the world.[/QUOTE]who's Katherine?
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

[quote=radbag]who's Katherine?[/QUOTE]

Katherine the Great??