Gainesville felt right for Showers

Fuckbeans.
texgator

Gainesville felt right for Showers

Post by texgator »

The Florida Gators picked up a huge verbal commitment earlier this week when the nation's No. 9 ranked cornerback prospect announced he was joining the Gator Nation. Showers, a 6-0 and 181-pound athlete from Madison Heights (MI) became the 15th verbal commitment for head coach Urban Meyer.

Fast Facts with Valdez Showers:

Height: 6-0
Weight: 181 pounds
Fastest 40-Time: 4.27
Junior Stats: 1,527 rushing yards, 20 TDs, 12 PBUs and 42 tackles
GPA/Test Score: 3.3 GPA/20 ACT Score

Showers talked about a few of the reasons why he wanted to become a Gator:

"The visit was great, I went down there with my mom and she thought it was great. First impression, wonderful campus, facilities were great and the stadium had this feeling that gave you chills standing in it. I was thinking about doing it, but wanted to be 100 percent sure so I just kept praying and thought the time was right. The Gators have great academics, great football and are very well rounded. Coaching staff is great and they have a tremendous amount of exposure."

Many people did not know that Showers has ties to current Florida wide receiver coach Zach Azzanni that helped the end result.

"Coach Z coached my brother up at Central Michigan so the relationship we have is very close. Coach Meyer is a very straight forward guy when and when I was talking with him I just felt like I was getting honesty. Coach Austin is very cool and he touches base on everything not just football. I am very excited that I only need to worry about my season and as of now I don't think I will be taking any more visits. I think the Florida fans should know I'm giving it my all every play. I play fast, exciting and hard. Also, no one will out work me. I will work on my technique, speed and strength before I get to Gainesville."

Showers and his family will never forget the day he made the call to inform Urban Meyer of his decision.

"I called Coach Meyer and he was fired up to hear the news he told me that the whole coaching staff was fired up about me and he congratulated me. It means a lot for me to be a gator, but at the same time like my mom always told me “it’s easy getting it but hard to maintain it. So I’m just looking forward to working very hard. I want to be remembered first as a great person, also as the best player to play the game. "

Showers will not be an early enrollee at Florida because his school does not allow the process.