I can't watch anymore

Fuckbeans.
G8rMom7

I can't watch anymore

Post by G8rMom7 »

I had a bad feeling about this game...we are so young and it being our first road trip this year. Anyway, I feel sick. I think it's best I quit watching. Bill is blaming Murphy on this Gator Chomp in the end zone after his TD for the downturn. Yuck.
Okay, let's try this!

a1bion

I can't watch anymore

Post by a1bion »

I was glad to get the win, but we can't have penalties like we had in this game. That was ridiculous. We do that on the road against LSU or South Carolina and they're going to clean our clocks.
Weegie

I can't watch anymore

Post by Weegie »

I taped the game for BG, but I'm going to suggest to him that he not watch it. It was frustrating.
"It's been fucksticks as far as the eye could see this morning." --AA
G8rMom7

I can't watch anymore

Post by G8rMom7 »

a1...I'm serious when I say this...same thing for Kentucky. I think I fear LSU the least because we would go in there as underdogs anyway. I hope this is our "learning" game but even UM said our secondary was finally exposed.
Okay, let's try this!

Toothy

I can't watch anymore

Post by Toothy »

We got out of the territory of Mississippi with a win. I's satified.
a1bion

I can't watch anymore

Post by a1bion »

I agree to an extent that the secondary got exposed today. I also think that part of that was caused by us not getting a consistent pass rush on. D. Harvey was solid, as usual. But the young guys up front were inconsistent. I saw J. Cunningham do some good things, but it was streaky.

We have a very young team and it was good for them to get that first road game/win under their belts. Have patience with these guys.
a1bion

I can't watch anymore

Post by a1bion »

We got out of the territory of Mississippi with a win. I's satified.
Werd.
radbag

I can't watch anymore

Post by radbag »

i hope the whole team does laps infinity for all those penalties we committed....they all need to feel accountable for those mental errors.

good news is we get to turn em loose against auburn in the friendly confines of the swamp...team could use a boost of confidence in reinforcing that they are much better than how they performed in oxford.

i too think it's a good road win for a young team with no experience on the road...kids were pushed today and i'm sure the staff will use that as a reference point the rest of the season.

i feel for jackson/wright/joiner in that they feel the need to support the run but in the same vein, they do not want to give up the deep play like they did today...the feel of knowing how to defend will come in time for them imo.

i thought the play calling was pretty conservative...the first two possessions set the tone for the rest of days game plan imo...if they had come out with some successful possessions/drives, i think the confidence to open up the playbook would have been there throughout...i couldn't help but think that the constant keepers were a setup for a larger play...never materialized so i think the staff felt as if a possession type game would benefit the youngins on the road.

i also agree with what has been said already about the pass rush...seemed as if harvey was in on a lot of the disruption plays which was encouraging...other than that, the lack of pressure on the qb will only put more pressure on the d-backs to defend flawlessly as the opposing qb will have the opportunity to read the defense, set and throw unabated...with a top caliber type qb, our db's will DEFINITELY be exposed...

rainey didn't look sharp on punt return

helmet to helmet call i didn't think was...on replay, looked like shoulder to chest to me.

moore looked dependable to me all day...was happy about that.

nelson looked sheepish on blocks and over the middle

where was coop?

not tryin to be a homer but murphy doin the chomp in the endzone to me wasn't really antagonizing but maybe i'm biased...i've seen worse...haven't you?

why didn't we feature ingram more? seems to me that he's very dependable over the middle and against the zone i would've thought we would have showcased him more and would have been more successful...maybe we did but tebow never considered him? dunno.

hats off to orgeron for deploying the squib on kickoffs negating the brandon james factor....speaking of james, he IS strong...liked the way he finished off his runs on the few plays he was featured from scrimmage.

can tebow have this type of running performance against a defense like lsu? i'm hoping we can because it seems as if the qb keeper is the go to play on occasions where the offense needs to settle down and anchor in....i see that play as a play that is low risk and can lull the crowd. we'll see.

haden is being targetted and i give him a passing grade on performance aside from that deep play he was torched on.

i DO NOT LIKE the silent snap where tebow claps his hands, miller tilts his head and then snaps...imo, this gives the opposing dlinemen a clear cadence in which to jump on...would hope they mix it up with different 'keys' and such...maybe two head tilts or two claps?

the wobbly pass frustrates me and it was more evident this game than in past games....i do like the zip he has on his ball...when it calls for it that is....he's still learning the new motion and release i guess....his running game was much needed today...he is such a bull...i love that!

was doe's name called at all?

2 seconds til the end of the half, we spike the ball and we don't get a chance to kick a fg? that was a home clock i guess...maybe next time we sprint the kicking team onto the field since the chains take that long to move? just a thought.
a1bion

I can't watch anymore

Post by a1bion »

The penalty call on Murph was BS. Coop, apparently, was nursing an injury and didn't play. I was also mystified by the lack of CI and also thought D. Nelson played way too tentative when he got his shot.

Agree with rad also that the play calling was conservative. They were saying on CBS last night that LSU has already started looking at our film and Bo Pellini is saying he already thinks he has a way to stop us defensively. You think Meyer isn't aware of that? We've shown a lot of different things this season. We opened it up against Tennessee. We played it vanilla against Ole Miss for the most part. This may just be Meyer putting things together for the visit to Baton Rouge to surprise their coaches. Or it may just be that we're trying to get folks healthy on offense.
G8rMom7

I can't watch anymore

Post by G8rMom7 »

Agree about Murphy's Gator Chomp...although my husband hates that kind of thing so he is unforgiving. But yeah Rad...I've seen much worse. And had we been in the Swamp that would not have been called.
Okay, let's try this!

G8Rpmc

I can't watch anymore

Post by G8Rpmc »

Where is Tate Casey? I think there was one throw to the TE and he is a freshman. Can't remember his name. Do ya'll know anything 'bout that? Seems like we are not throwing to the TE's at all. Are they being used mainly for blocking?

I asked this in the Bull Gator Den and NO one responded. I guess it was a dumb question. Ha! And I'm asking it here anyway! [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_wink.gif[/img]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I love living in Florida.
G8rMom7

I can't watch anymore

Post by G8rMom7 »

PMC, the TE you were thinking of is Hernandez. But don't forget that CI is usually used as a TE too.
Okay, let's try this!

G8Rpmc

I can't watch anymore

Post by G8Rpmc »

Ah.....I didn't realize that CI is being used as a TE! Thanks for the name too, Mom7! [img]{SMILIES_PATH}/icon_smile.gif[/img]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I love living in Florida.
annarborgator

I can't watch anymore

Post by annarborgator »

CI usually takes up the TE spot in this offense, like m7 said, even though he's as fast as most WR!! haha love that guy.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
radbag

I can't watch anymore

Post by radbag »

great points about not revealing the innards of our play book ahead of aubie and lsu...never thought of that....great point indeed.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

I can't watch anymore

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Tate Casey in Meyer speak "is a good guy"