THE IMPACT OF STRUCTURAL CHALLENGES TO GROWTH IN ADVANCED ECONOMIES

Chat about investing, the financial markets and participate in the Back Alley Bulls and Bears game...
radbag

Post by radbag »

just because AA likes reading this shit, i'll try and post all the good shit our analysts/economists put out on a more regular basis...in return, i'd 'love' to see more gator writeups ;D

anyways...if anyone wants the PDF file to this report, just post and i'll email it to you...it's really rather quite interesting if you can manage the whole 'french-english' barrier...basically discusses in great lengths how 'other than market forces' are affecting the progress in dealing with slow economic growth.

enjoy aa!

Global Investment Strategies In The New Geopolitical Order

HIGHLIGHTS

The current debate between the proponents of austerity measures and those who favour additional stimulus is largely irrelevant because most of the socio-economic problems faced by advanced industrial countries are structural rather than cyclical.

Increased global competition, de-industrialization and a loss of control over innovation have undermined the ability of advanced industrial economies to sustain "normal" or historical levels of economic growth.

We believe a combination of structural long-term debt, deteriorating demographics, a backlash against immigration, spending cuts and stagnating incomes will lead to political gridlock and instability in developed economies, further undermining efforts to deal with slow economic growth.

The current global economic and political situation increases the likelihood of protectionism and trade tensions.

Economic power and geopolitical power are inextricably linked. We believe the decline in the geopolitical clout of advanced countries will carry negative implications for economic growth. Conversely, economic growth in developing countries will benefit from their expanding sphere of influence.

Investors have to be mindful of the increasing disconnect between economic growth and market performance at the national level.

Investment Conclusions: Emerging markets will continue to outperform developed markets; U.S. markets will outperform most other advanced economies; Indian markets will outperform Chinese markets; Latin American investments are favoured over African ones; Commodities will outperform, as will investments geared to global mega-trends.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

Rad, this stuff gives me wood. I have a degree in Econ! Please post more!

Unfortunately because of the closed practices and their inability to keep their staff/insiders in place, Gator Country no longer has any good information posted in their forums. They are basically an online newspaper at this point.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

Post by radbag »

sent to the email in your profile...no probs.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

Thanks!
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

C3PO wood?
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

^^^^^^
bronze?