Windows 7

You got a problem? Tell us.
TheTodd

Windows 7

Post by TheTodd »

As long as it doesn't have bad security issues, Windows 7 will put a HUGE dent in the Apple arena. It is an AWESOME operating system. Very cool!!!
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
radbag

Windows 7

Post by radbag »

please esplain
TheTodd

Windows 7

Post by TheTodd »

It is a very nice interface to begin with. Plus, it has some very nice security features. Very clean interface and it is very customizable. It actually will put a pretty good dent in people going to Linux IMO. As long as it isn't a hackers dream then I think it should be stable enough to take some market share back from Apple.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Windows 7

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

I'm not impressed thus far. It seems to run slow, especially on the internet. It's a pain in the ass to try and download shit. Still won't let me download AVG. Scratch that...I can download it...just not install it.

Plus, anytime I'm typing it will randomly open up new windows (notice it more with the "o" key and whatever opens up the window for internet history). Very aggravating. I feel like I got hosed.

IHateUGAlyDawgs

Windows 7

so, if any of you techies figure this out, please let me know...otherwise, I'm tempted to go back to XP....fucking shit is doing it again...

TheTodd

Windows 7

Post by TheTodd »

download avast instead of avg..no idea whats going on with your "o" key and download Mozilla Firefox.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Windows 7

using Firefox doesn't seem to help...was the first thing I downloaded when I got the computer.

avast free?

Tipmoose

Windows 7

Post by Tipmoose »

I got the x64 version of Windows 7 Business for 39.00 because I've got a .edu acct....

...have had absolutely ZERO problems with it. I find it to be far superior to Vista in every way.
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
TheTodd

Windows 7

Post by TheTodd »

avast is free
DocZaius

Windows 7

Post by DocZaius »

Once you go Linux you never go back.
Tipmoose

Windows 7

Post by Tipmoose »

Once you go Linux you never go back.

But not by choice...they just 'don't have a driver written for that yet.'. :)
Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
Toothy

Windows 7

Post by Toothy »

I like Windows 7 for the most part. Wife's got Mac OS X. I like mine.
G8rMom7

Windows 7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I can't wait to get a new computer to get Windows 7. Bill's work computer is going to have to be replaced soon...I'm nervous about getting Windows 7 for him because he's not good with "change" and the minute he doesn't understand something or it doesn't work the way he's used to it working, he'll get all pissy and make me "fix it". I wish I could get it on my computer first so I can work with it and get used to it before getting him set up on his. Oh well.
Okay, let's try this!

DocZaius

Windows 7

Post by DocZaius »

The interface of Windows 7 is not that different from XP, but it seems to "just work" for everything I have put it through so far.