Hackintosh!

You got a problem? Tell us.
TheTodd

Hackintosh!

Post by TheTodd »

So today was a complete geek out day for me. I have successfully installed the MAC OS 10.5.6 on my HP m3750n PC. I'm still working on getting all of the parts and pieces running but so far I've got it installed, sound working and network card working.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
MinGator

Hackintosh!

Post by MinGator »

curiosity question. Did you just want a Mac without the Mac price or did you install it as a optional OS?
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
TheTodd

Hackintosh!

Post by TheTodd »

I installed it as an optional OS. I was just playing around to see if I could do it.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
MinGator

Hackintosh!

Post by MinGator »

So now you got it, whatcha gonna do wit it?
TheTodd

Hackintosh!

Post by TheTodd »

Dunno. Just playing around. Getting used to OS-X so I know my way around if I have to troubleshoot Apple WLAN clients. I might keep it running OS-X if I can get it stable.
TheTodd

Hackintosh!

Post by TheTodd »

I've got it working like a CHAMP! I get some kernel panics sometimes when booting but it eventually works. I may look into that next.
MinGator

Hackintosh!

Post by MinGator »

our business is so entrenched in the PC world that I probably haven't looked at a Mac in 15 years. So I guess I don't understand it. I hear enough that it sounds like graphics folks and video editors get a lot out of it, otherwise I'm not sure the advantage for the price.
TheTodd

Hackintosh!

Post by TheTodd »

Well, consider them the same as high end PCs/Laptops, then the price point is much closer. Most people don't need a $1800 desktop PC or laptop so that is why the $600 Dell/HP PC is much better for a home user IMO. Someone that is doing high end photo/video editing could build a high end PC with a kick ass video card and monitor and get just as good of a system than they could with a similarly priced MAC. The video cards of the PCs have caught up with one of the things the MACs did better than them years ago. Some people are just stuck in their line of thinking the MAC is better for certain things.

I supported MAC computers when I worked for AOL, 1995/96, and my school newspaper at UWF used them for layout and design of the paper but the new OS is completely different from their older platform.
radbag

Hackintosh!

Post by radbag »

our firm is considering moving from blackberrys to iPhones.

once you go Mac, you don't go back.
TheTodd

Hackintosh!

Post by TheTodd »

Tell them to wait until Verizon has them. AT&T is teh suxx0r.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Hackintosh!

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

Tell them to wait until Verizon has them. AT&T is teh suxx0r.

Amen to that.

In the meantime...the Droid is a handy device.

MinGator

Hackintosh!

Post by MinGator »

Droid X comes out this week.

In other news my Droid became a door stop over the 4th. For all the things it can do, swimming isn't one of them. Good thing the company picks up the insurance.
G8rMom7

Hackintosh!

Post by G8rMom7 »

I'm getting a new Blackberry from work...it's been three years and I was going to have to buy a new battery so I asked one of our support people to check into getting me a new phone...figured I can't imagine I couldn't get one for too much more than a new battery would cost. As it turns out, not only can I get the whole new phone FO FREE...my data plan is much cheaper and my monthly fees are going to A LOT lower.

I think I should receive some sort of an award for saving money for the company! LOL
Okay, let's try this!