Urban Stepping Down

Fuckbeans.
TheTodd

Urban Stepping Down

Post by TheTodd »

I had similar thoughts AA. That Urban did this as a smokescreen for something else. Just to see how things would play out with some of the players and coaches to see who was dedicated to the program.

Not sure I believe it or not though.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
Toothy

Urban Stepping Down

Post by Toothy »

With all due respect, I don't buy it. Too quick to invite villainy, and this sort of thing ultimately doesn't help the program. Recruits used to look at Meyer and think he was as sure a thing as you could get -- a coach who has the plum job and is likely to stay. Now they have to wonder: if things get a little crazy in October, is this guy out of here?
TheTodd

Urban Stepping Down

Post by TheTodd »

Oh, I don't believe it either, but the minor conspiracy theorist inside of me sometime gets out.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
annarborgator

Urban Stepping Down

Post by annarborgator »

Oh I don't think he has an ulterior motive and I doubt it's wholly contrived. But the heart story doesn't make sense given all the apparent facts, IMO. The timing of the decision and the announcement makes me think that there's another treatable medical issue that was just recently diagnosed and Meyer doesn't want his personal info everywhere so he's letting the story of "chest pains" be enough...notice he categorically denied heart attacks.

I think for him to announce on the day after christmas and the saturday before the Sugar Bowl then he must have gotten the diagnosis just this week of whatever it is. The heart thing would have been diagnosed while he was in the hospital after the SECCG (if it hadn't been diagnosed before then), IMO, and the decision wouldn't be announced when it was if it stemmed from that.

I know, I know, I'm reading too much into things. The timing makes zero sense, though, IMO. Unless he just got test results this week.

/tinfoil
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
G8rMom7

Urban Stepping Down

Post by G8rMom7 »

^^^You guys are men right? I thought you all were not all into the drama and the reading things into what is said. You are always accusing women of always reading things into what you say or hearing what we want to hear, etc.

The holidays are a stressful time too (need I remind you)? From what I've read this decision was made on Christmas day with his family...who knows what kind of dynamic his family has, but I just don't see why the WHEN is so important. He could have made the decision and had every intention of not going public with it till after the game, but it got out (hard to keep things secret in this day and age) so he had to go with it.

That's just my .02.
Okay, let's try this!

AdGator02

Urban Stepping Down

Post by AdGator02 »

I can't wait to see what the "insiders" at Gator Country and Scout have to say about what they knew but couldn't share, etc. Funny, we had ESPN Radio on and after the press conference, when they called for questions, the first question was from Mr. Franz Beard. I was like, "hey, I know him... I mean, I know who he is."
annarborgator

Urban Stepping Down

Post by annarborgator »

^^^You guys are men right? I thought you all were not all into the drama and the reading things into what is said. You are always accusing women of always reading things into what you say or hearing what we want to hear, etc.
Apples and oranges, IMO. I see what you're saying but in a purely personal situation involving just two people who are supposed to trust each other you should be able to trust what the other is saying and take it at face value. This situation involves a personal situation that's been taken public due to Meyer's status as a public figure. The public rarely gets the full story the first go-round (if ever). Partial information invites speculation.

I'm not calling Meyer a liar because he's never said anything specifically about the medical issue that's causing his need to step back from the program. He's talked about the chest pains quite a bit but categorically refused to discuss the medical issue itself which leaves open the question of what the condition actually is that needs to be addressed.

I have no problem with him choosing to keep anything private and I'm not trying to criticize the guy because I can't imagine how trying a time he must be going through to come to the decisions he's made. I'm just saying I think there's more going on than the basic assumptions that the public is making based on partial info.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Urban Stepping Down

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

I can't wait to see what the "insiders" at Gator Country and Scout have to say about what they knew but couldn't share, etc. Funny, we had ESPN Radio on and after the press conference, when they called for questions, the first question was from Mr. Franz Beard. I was like, "hey, I know him... I mean, I know who he is."
I spoke w/ Bob on the phone and he knew Meyer was having "issues" but didn't know what they were.

I guess I don't know if Meyer actually had (a) heart attack(s) or not, but I do know he told the team he did. Take that, FWIW.

G8rMom7

Urban Stepping Down

Post by G8rMom7 »

^^^Or they heard he was having chest pains and interpretted that as "attacks"...not saying he didn't say he had a heart attack, but without being there and knowing how many hear things that may not have been literal, we just don't know.

In any case, I agree his medical issues should be kept private.
Okay, let's try this!

radbag

Urban Stepping Down

Post by radbag »

whatever the case, it's a medical sitch and he's therefore going to be given 'a pass' by the gator nation as it relates to why all these 'off the field' and 'on the field' occurrences.....occurred.

sorta like the whole, "we only beat tennessee by "X" because we had a whole bunch of guys sick with the flu" line that was used.
newsgator

Urban Stepping Down

Post by newsgator »

URBAN FUCKING QUIT????????????????????????? WHEN THE FUCK DID THIS HAPPEN?!?! OMG WTF ARE WE GONNA DO??!!
Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
newsgator

Urban Stepping Down

Post by newsgator »

Just kidding. :dance:
Never argue with an idiot. They'll just drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
DocZaius

Urban Stepping Down

Post by DocZaius »

Saw this floating around out there:

Let us offer our prayers and rejoice

We believe in one Quarterback, Tim Tebow Almighty, Maker of Heismans and Championships, and of all things airborne and ground-based.

We believe in one Coach, Urban Meyer, the only Husband of Shelly,
eternally besotted of the Herbstreit,
Gone from Bowling Green, Lit from Utah,
Truly yanked from Kevin White,
beknighted, then made, one in coaching with the Ballcoach.
Through him all things were won.
For Gator fans and for their salvation
he came down from Utah:
by the power of the Gay-Ass Spread
he recruited Tebow, and became The Man.

For our sake Tim was suplexed under Taylor Wyndham,
he suffered, died, and was buried in the turf.
On the third day he rose again
in fulfillment of the ESPN talking heads;
he ascended into the starting role
and is positioned at the rear end of the Center.
He will come again in glory to beat the Tigers and the Tide,
and his kingdom will have no end.

Amen
radbag

Urban Stepping Down

Post by radbag »

he will NOT come again in glory to beat the Tigers and the Tide unless he comes back as a coach or some shit.
radbag

Urban Stepping Down

Post by radbag »

oh and btw - is there anyone else but me out there that thought of peter griffin when reading zaius' post?
DocZaius

Urban Stepping Down

Post by DocZaius »

Weegie

Urban Stepping Down

Post by Weegie »

http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/griffin.asp

I'm sure everyone already knows this, but I didn't until I looked it up just now. :-)
"It's been fucksticks as far as the eye could see this morning." --AA
G8rMom7

Urban Stepping Down

Post by G8rMom7 »

Thanks Weg...I was too lazy and I didn't get it at all. I don't watch Family Guy but I saw a ton of commercials for it during the A Christmas Story marathon on Christmas eve. The funniest was the baby saying over and over again "Lois...mom...mommy...mama...." untils she finally screams "WHAT?!" and he just says "Hi". That was funny.
Okay, let's try this!

Weegie

Urban Stepping Down

Post by Weegie »

^^That's Terry's favorite scene from the show EVAR.
"It's been fucksticks as far as the eye could see this morning." --AA
MinGator

Urban Stepping Down

Post by MinGator »

It's probably bad of me, but that show makes me laugh.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.