Resuming a long tradition of anti-UT bigotry

Fuckbeans.
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

With apologies to BG, Weegie, Joey, Katie, and other friends stranded in enemy ground:

I hate the fucking Vols.

[url]http://www.gatorcountry.com/swampgas/showthread.php?t=19796[/url]

Give me 62-37 any day -- the best football game I ever witnessed.
UFGirlluvr

Post by UFGirlluvr »

Oh I concur, since moving up here my hatred for the Big Orange has grown. Saturday night Katie and I are going somewhere to watch the UF game and I can watch my UK-UL game. All of these Ainge jerseys make my skin crawl
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Who's this Mark McLeod guy? He just sent me this.

You must call in and read your list on the show...http://www.gatorcountry.com/page/radio/

The Gator Country Radio Show" will be hosting a special "Trash Talkin' segment to get everybody ready for Tennessee/Florida week. The show airs on ESPN AM900 (Ocala) and ESPN AM1230 (Gainesville). This is a great opportunity to have some fun seeing who can get their most humorous shots in.

Call us at 8am.

Mark

Post by TheTodd »

He's an insider over on GC. He is a regular host of the Gator Country radio show.
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Is this good or bad? I'm gauging the assclown factor. I'm actually not sure I'm available tomorrow between 8 and 9.
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

My annual tribute to the Vollies:

[html]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="[url]http://www.youtube.com/v/9KaBstIKXw0"></param><param[/url] name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="[url]http://www.youtube.com/v/9KaBstIKXw0"[/url] type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/html]
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

Damn, that was funny, a1.
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

He's an insider over on GC. He is a regular host of the Gator Country radio show.

Is that show podcast? Can I get it online later?
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

And not only was 62-37 a glorious site to behold, I'm stealing from Hater's avy for one of the most beautiful moments I've ever witnessed in college football. Mr. Kent, meet Lawrence Wright.

[img]http://www246.pair.com/autoybkh/albums/funnies_/hit1.gif[/img]
Toothy

Post by Toothy »

We hasten to forget that Wuerffel got stripped on the next play and the Vols either ran it in or scored soon thereafter to go up 30-14.

But the Vols had met Mr. Wright, and they were ready to let him have his way with them.
TheTodd

Post by TheTodd »

no idea if it is podcast or not
“The Knave abideth.” I dare speak not for thee, but this maketh me to be of good comfort; I deem it well that he be out there, the Knave, being of good ease for we sinners.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

I love that video a1...those are some serious mullets in that there video! LOL
Okay, let's try this!

IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

can someone copy and paste toothy's post over here - I can't access GC at work and I want to show this to a Vol co-worker.

radbag

Post by radbag »

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Welcoming Volunteers fans to the Sunshine State

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Tennesseeans:

The University of Florida, the City of Gainesville, and the Sunshine State, Florida, hopes you’ll remember these simple courtesies before heading to the Florida-Tennessee game on September 15:

1. Please sweep out the back of your truck before taking it on the highway. Every year many tragedies occur on the Southeast’s roads because stray cats, chickens, or scrofulous nephews and nieces are bounced out of truckbeds. Furthermore, the Florida DOT and the Gainesville Public Works Department lack the resources to dispose of the tons of hay, Yoo-Hoo bottles, Stuckey’s napkins and other refuse strewn by motorists from the Volunteer State. Your cooperation is appreciated.

2. Chewing tobacco is available for purchase in Florida, but local custom dictates that it be consumed new, not “discovered” on sidewalks or countertops. Kindly dispose of your used chaw in the safest way – by swallowing.

3. Unfortunately, the Tennessee information superhighway of Bean’N’Bacon soup cans linked by string stops just south of Chattanooga. Transparent communications connections may not be available. Cans of soup, as well as string, are available in many Gainesville grocery stores.

4. Yes, Gainesville has Waffle Houses, but it is unlikely that their proprietors are members of your family. It is strictly against restaurant policy to allow customers to proffer their own meat for cooking, even when killed by means other than automotive.

5. The barter system is not illegal in Florida; however, those wishing to barter moonshine, pumpkins, or young’uns for goods and services may wish to convert these currencies into USD to avoid misunderstandings. Photocopied currency may be acceptable in Tallahassee, but Gainesville merchants seldom accept it.

6. It is frowned upon in Florida, and in many other regions, to marry one’s first cousin or sister. Those having already done so may want to avoid public consummations of the bond while out of the Volunteer State.

7. Log-rolling and bottle-shooting contests are strictly forbidden on the UF campus, as are cockfights and sleeping in trees. Although they may appear tasty, campus squirrels are not for human consumption.

8. Those visitors lodging in one of Gainesville’s many motels may be assured that most rooms feature TV, but that “The Dukes of Hazzard” does not air around the clock on any channel available in Greater Alachua County. Please consult local listings.

9. No moonshine is allowed in Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, nor are four-legged animals allowed to occupy seats.

10. Carrying one’s belongings in an old gunny sack slung over one’s shoulder, while not illegal, is uncommon in Florida. Stadium personnel reserve the right to inspect the contents of all gunny sacks.

11. Requesting “vittles” may confuse servers at Gainesville restaurants. The Gainesville Chamber of Commerce kindly requests that you refer to foodstuffs by their proper names. For those requiring special accommodations, Denny’s Restaurant menus feature pictures of food items available.

12. Instructions for entering the stadium at the proper gate are printed on game tickets. IMPORTANT: At the Florida-Tennessee game two years ago, many visitors were taken in by professional scam artists posing as ticket scalpers. Any small blue ticket that says only “Ticket” and has the same six-digit number printed at each end is NOT a genuine ticket and will NOT gain you admittance to the game.

13. Stadium personnel are available to assist anyone needing assistance comprehending the numbering system on genuine tickets and its correspondence to the placement of stadium seats.

14. We regret to inform you that the stadium scoreboard will NOT be displaying the words to “Rocky Top” during the game on September 15. You will have to memorize them yourself.

15. Of course the University of Tennessee Volunteers are the best college football team in America. However, we regret to inform you that, as happens most years, your Florida hosts will score more actual ”points” during the actual “game.” This need not affect the Volunteers’ supremacy, and the memory of it will vanish virtually overnight.

16. Please be sure not to leave any family members behind. The Florida penal system already bears the burden of housing many Florida State University student-athletes; we regret that we cannot imprison everyone we’d like to.

17. If you follow the same roads that brought you here, but in reverse order, you may safely find your way home.

Please watch this space, and subsequent posts, for additional travel advisories.

We hope you have a pleasant visit to Gainesville, Florida, and that you enjoy the continuation of the Florida win streak over Tennessee. See you next year!
a1bion

Post by a1bion »

We hasten to forget that Wuerffel got stripped on the next play and the Vols either ran it in or scored soon thereafter to go up 30-14.

But the Vols had met Mr. Wright, and they were ready to let him have his way with them.

That was the greatest thing about that run of years. Spurrier had gotten so into Fulmer and the Vollies' brains that they just didn't know what to do. You could see that they were starting to get the smallest glimmer of confidence in that game and it disappeared as soon as Wright laid Kent out.