obama wears too much makeup

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
radbag

Post by radbag »

that is all.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

He's an authoritarian dickwad. I would punch the asshole in the face if I ever met him. That'd be a wonderful reason to spend some time in jail. I don't give a fuuuuck.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
radbag

Post by radbag »

Everybodys talkin bout how long and drawn out the speechg was. I didn't really think so.

They're also talkin bout how much of a "pitchman" he is. I think he has to be. He's trying to sell an idea and I believe he'll get more support (initially) as a result

I just think that you can't expect better, and more without additional cost.

I also think his tactic of blaming the previous administration and constant reference to previous govt's "wasteful spending" (war) will ultimately be his downfall. I expect that type of jib-jab early in his term but STILL? Gimme a break! "We'll call you out"???? What a douche! Not great word choice if you're trying to get people to get onboard imo.

Americans will grow tired of it and more importantly, the independents will.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

^^^100% agree rad...as I was watching I found myself getting all caught up in his rhetoric...I started to see the land of unicorns and rainbows that he keeps promising us! Then he says "and it won't cost anything!" and I'm brought back to earth in hurry.

The thing is he said "his door is always open" to Republicans or those with some opposing ideas. Yet that Congressman (or is it Senator) Price (former doctor now politician) said in an interview this morning that they have tried to make appointments every single week since this whole thing started to show the Pres their proposals and he won't take their meeting request. He's a liar, plain and simple.

I just hope the Independants don't fall for it this time...I know the libs will and that's fine...they are expected to.
Okay, let's try this!

radbag

Post by radbag »

obama did say though that he'd not take a meeting with you if you're slant is to squash the reform bill due to political concerns as opposed to wanting to improve it.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

So he won't take a meeting that lays out a different proposal that HR3200? So unless you have ideas to ADD to HR3200 without removing any of the provisions currently in there? AGain, he never specifically mentioned which bill he was talking about and the Repubs (at least THIS Repub Price) does not plan to squash reform...it's just their ideas for reform are all around HSA's, opening up insurance across state borders, tort reform, etc. In fact NONE of the proposals I've heard do not include some sort of reform.

He just speaks in circles...basically says how great Medicare is because their overhead is only 4% but then two minutes later says they are going to save money on Medicare fraud and abuse. And a new gov't system would NOT have any fraud and abuse?
Okay, let's try this!

radbag

Post by radbag »

last night he said 47MM americans would get healthcare...does this number include illegals? i believe it does because he just got done with yet ANOTHER speaking engagement in pittsburg ( i think) and he made no mention of a number this time...ALSO - he held back on saying that he wants to mandate that everyone should be buying healthcare

kinda mixed bag from last night imo.
G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

No, he said 30 million last night...for the first time ever. Pundits have said that it was on purpose to exclude the illegals, but they also said that no one has ever claimed there were 17 million uninsured illegals (the previous number that has been repeated ad nauseum was 47-48 million). So I've read that some are assuming that the 17 million are the illegals and the young people who can afford it but don't get health insurance.

I dunno...again, I found myself starting to believe him until he started talking about the costs.
Okay, let's try this!

annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

I also think his tactic of blaming the previous administration and constant reference to previous govt's "wasteful spending" (war) will ultimately be his downfall.
The most fucked up part of this is that he wants to spend more money on Afghanistan. What a fucking liar.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

Does he believe his own unicorn and rainbow picture? Really, no cost, is he on MF'n crack? So he says Medicare is great at 4% overhead, yet they're operating in the red, so tell me how you calculate a 4% overhead. Sounds like cooking the books to me.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.