This pledge of allegiance is ok tho.

Stick all your provocative and controversial topics here. Then stick them up your ass, you fascist Nazi!
Tipmoose

Post by Tipmoose »

Can't feed 'em? Don't breed 'em. People, dogs, whatever.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

3:55 I pledge to be a servant to our president?? ?? ?? WTMF?? WTMF'n SHIT??

The president is the MF public servant, not the other way around. These liberal fucks couldn't have it more MF'n backwards.
Can I borrow your towel? My car just hit a water buffalo.
IHateUGAlyDawgs

Post by IHateUGAlyDawgs »

well...now I remember why I hate Hollywood.

G8rMom7

Post by G8rMom7 »

Just found out my county is not airing the speech live (too much disruption to their normal school day, technologically not feasible, etc.), but said that they would watch it and consider adding it to their social studies curriculum if appropriate. They added that if parents have an opinion, to write their principal so I did. Here is what I wrote to the elementary school principal (I'm really not too concerned about the middle school...Lainie would totally be ready for it at her age).

I just read the statement on the Osceola School Board website regarding the county’s plans for dealing with this speech. At the end of the notice it says that if parents have an opinion they should contact their school principal. So I am doing so now. I have very mixed feelings about this situation to tell the truth. I have very little trust in this President and his administration and don’t agree with most of his policies. However, he IS the President and if any of the past Presidents were going to give a similar message and assuming it was a message about doing the best they can, stay in school, work hard, etc., I would have no problem letting my child hear that message.

However, an hour is a really long time for my Kindergartner and First Grader and honestly, unless he has Hannah Montana come out and sing with him, I don’t think he’ll hold their attention for that long. If the county does decide to provide the means for students to watch the speech at a later time, I would suggest showing it after school maybe during one of the Thursday night Parent Nights we sometimes have. That way Parents could come and watch it with their child and it would give them a good chance to talk about what he said, etc.

My biggest problem with this President is that there is this theme about what WE (the people) can do to help HIM and really, according to the Constitution (which is really the thing I WANT my children to learn about) he is the one who is supposed to be asking US what he can do for US…my answer would be to “leave me alone”, but that’s me.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Okay, let's try this!

MinGator

Post by MinGator »

Ask not what you can do for yourself, ask what you can do to serve your president.
annarborgator

Post by annarborgator »

Good note that you wrote the principal. I like that you specifically mentioned your interest in them learning the Constitution rather than focusing on what any one President may ask of them. Good stuff.
I've never met a retarded person who wasn't smiling.
MinGator

Post by MinGator »

^^agreed.